PDA

View Full Version : So what file sharing program do you use

poolking
20-06-2003, 20:14
So what file sharing program do you use?

Mods - feel free to close if you think it shouldn't be discussed. :)

I currently use Kazaa Lite.

obvious
20-06-2003, 20:24
Same here. Well K++ anyway. Not very often though. Just the odd mp3 here and there. Been collecting Q-Mixes recently.

kronas
20-06-2003, 20:25
kazza lite direct connect best IMO and i have tryed many programs

dilli-theclaw
20-06-2003, 20:25
I use kazaa lite - and VERY occasionaly winmx

Steve H
20-06-2003, 20:31
argh - IMESH Version 4.. Clean it with Adaware, and Spybot If your scared, and You've got the fastest, Most relialble p2p network around :D

Apart from DC++ Of course ;)

kronas
20-06-2003, 20:33
Originally posted by Steve_NTL

Apart from DC++ Of course ;)

yep thats great i count dc as direct connect just another 'client' :D

bopdude
20-06-2003, 20:57
Hi all,

k-lite and direct connect, but am looking out for a new one ( always )

Ramrod
20-06-2003, 21:13
None. Never got into it(yet):)

bopdude
20-06-2003, 21:14
Originally posted by Ramrod
None. Never got into it(yet):)

Shocking, absolutely shocking :shrug: lol

Delta Whiskey
20-06-2003, 21:21
[QUOTE]Originally posted by poolking
[B]So what file sharing program do you use?

I've always used WinMX, are the other P2P programs easier/simpler to use or do they provide more results.

bopdude
20-06-2003, 21:22
Originally posted by Delta Whiskey
[QUOTE]Originally posted by poolking
[B]So what file sharing program do you use?

I've always used WinMX, are the other P2P programs easier/simpler to use or do they provide more results.

Well I've used winmx amongst others and IMHO kazaa lite is far and away the easyest

vrfour
20-06-2003, 21:51
winMX for me

swoop101
20-06-2003, 22:27
I use both WinMx and Kazaa lite, each has it's good points.

bopdude
20-06-2003, 22:29
A new one on me is " bit torent " it's meant to be a bit tasty, I'll have to look some day, anyone here using it ?

The Diplomat
20-06-2003, 22:44
kazaa lite works for me too. :D

Hick
21-06-2003, 00:01
Originally posted by bopdude
A new one on me is " bit torent " it's meant to be a bit tasty, I'll have to look some day, anyone here using it ?

Yeah I use it for all the latest tv shows from the US. West Wing, Angel, Enterprise, Buffy R.I.P. :( and Stargate. Which reminds me Stargate should be out by now - I'll have to start that up :D

You get all sorts of files on it as well - It all depends on what people put up. You tend to get the latest releases - tv and movies, etc - before popular P2P software like Kazaa does.

carlingman
21-06-2003, 04:00

Yeh used it once, but it is a bit fiddly to say the least.

:)

bopdude
21-06-2003, 04:03
Originally posted by carlingman
Yeh used it once, but it is a bit fiddly to say the least.

Yeah I heard that but is it a good " fast " p2p ?

I heard something about it using your pc as a node or server or something along those lines

carlingman
21-06-2003, 04:18
Yeah I heard that but is it a good " fast " p2p ?

I heard something about it using your pc as a node or server or something along those lines

Basically downloads and uploads at the same time.

I have only used it once to get Matrix 2.

It downloaded at 30k on average and i am on Pipex DSL but after downloading it had to be converted and then burnt using nero into a watchable format.

It was fair quality but not as good as waiting for the film to be released in the cinema etc.

bopdude
21-06-2003, 04:21
Originally posted by carlingman
Basically downloads and uploads at the same time.

I have only used it once to get Matrix 2.

It downloaded at 30k on average and i am on Pipex DSL but after downloading it had to be converted and then burnt using nero into a watchable format.

It was fair quality but not as good as waiting for the film to be released in the cinema etc.

30 k average ? are you on 1mb as well, how nasty was it to set up compared to...... direct connect ..easy if you used it but to begin with a bit of a head ache ?

deejaya
21-06-2003, 09:20
eMule (http://www.emule-project.net/) with liberal amounts of Sharereactor ;)

Hick
21-06-2003, 10:50
30 k average ? are you on 1mb as well, how nasty was it to set up compared to...... direct connect ..easy if you used it but to begin with a bit of a head ache ?

Setting it up is very easy. You download the client file tends to be less than 1MB and it installs itself and says "Bittorrent install complete" and thats it. You then find links on websites and click them. Bittorrent asks where you want to install it and then it starts.

BTW a good Torrent site is www.suprnova.org

carlingman
22-06-2003, 00:25

1mb i wish currently i am on a 512k connection reliable and fast averages of 90k from Pipex ADSL.

Its ok though to use takes a bit "excuse the pun" of getting used too.

As hick mentioned BTW a good Torrent site is www.suprnova.org

aliferste
22-06-2003, 00:40
Originally posted by Hick
and Stargate. Which reminds me Stargate should be out by now - I'll have to start that up :D

Just watched the first two eposodes from the new series :) GREAT!

Morpheus
22-06-2003, 10:29
for me it has to be Qtraxmax, it is fast, and does not take over the PC...............so there you go.....

bo-peep
22-06-2003, 11:07
they nearly all f**k up my machine.even kazaa lite with the dummy files hates it.used morpheus with no problem and i've had winmx for a while ( but there aren't many songs).imesh is unbelievable for spyware.my son downloads it every so often ( to bug me i think) and leaves me to get rid and clear up the mess

Morpheus
22-06-2003, 11:13
bo-peep,when did you use me? i have told you which one to use.

bo-peep
22-06-2003, 11:17
sir i did as u told me and i downloaded it.must have been 18 months or so ago.i try all the ones u suggest

Darren Wilson
22-06-2003, 16:32
ED2K (latest release with the OverNet hybrid client built-in) for everything bar music, which Kazaa Lite is used for that.

Average download speeds through ED2K is 80Kbps and anything upto 120Kbps through Kazaa Lite.

martinell
17-07-2003, 22:25
just gotta be the old mule. plenty of fakes like kazaa but find the right sites an ure laffin :D :D :D
shhhhh...... keep it under yer hat though, it dont get the press the rest do but its still the best ;)

Martin
17-07-2003, 22:29
I use Kazza Lite. :)

homealone
17-07-2003, 22:49
"I" don't use any - alright don't laugh :D, it's not due to moral, religious, financial - whatever- reasons, I just don't.

but - my son does - through "our" router.

so "we" do - but "I" do_not share files.

I won't share with him, why should I share with you!:D

Martin
17-07-2003, 23:17
Originally posted by homealone
I won't share with him, why should I share with you!:D

LOL Charity begins at home gaz.:p ;)

homealone
17-07-2003, 23:26
Originally posted by Martin
LOL Charity begins at home gaz.:p ;)

hey Martin

"he" is 20 - "I" am 50, "I" do not want to share - that may be I do not want to accept responsibility for "him"? ;)

"I" might be biased because "he" is going on Air at Alton Towers tomorrow:smokin:

Dupre
18-07-2003, 16:40
Where to start...
Emule, Kazaa Lite, WinMX, Direct Connect (DC++), Morpheus (gnutella) and FTP's.

however, i also have a subscription to www.allofmp3.com

so most stuff i get is 100% legit, but what i cant get there, i get otherwise.

yesman
20-07-2003, 22:20
Originally posted by Dupre
however, i also have a subscription to www.allofmp3.com

Thanks for that link, I now subscribe also :tu:

jellybaby
21-07-2003, 07:55
I've just started using Soulseek from http://www.slsk.org/ .

So far so good (speeds and correct files)

bopdude
21-07-2003, 08:43
Originally posted by jellybaby
I've just started using Soulseek from http://www.slsk.org/ .

So far so good (speeds and correct files)

Thanks for the link JB, always on the look out for new p2p stuff, Got it working at the mo, decent speed as you say :)

Mark W
21-07-2003, 09:25
hmm...where to start?....winmx - yuck, emule/edonkey2000 - ok, kazaa ++ - probably the best - and bit torrent, which is great if you can actually find the files you want and get it to work!

*runs off to have a look at slsk.org......*

ic14
21-07-2003, 17:36
I dont use any, Im a good boy! LOL!

I just dont use them thats all

Dupre
21-07-2003, 19:59
Originally posted by Mark W
hmm...where to start?....winmx - yuck, emule/edonkey2000 - ok, kazaa ++ - probably the best - and bit torrent, which is great if you can actually find the files you want and get it to work!

*runs off to have a look at slsk.org......*

i was gonna add Bit Torrent to my list, however ive never got it to actually work, even with a gui like burst! just doesnt .... DO anything :(

tomw
27-07-2003, 22:36
Where do i get kazza lite from i have looked at download.com but can only find kazza

Lord Nikon
27-07-2003, 22:49
latest k-lite with k++ - http://doa2.host.sk

but for TV shows / movies try IRC
install mIRC and use vcdquality.com or packetnews.com

for trek stuff though use mIRC and the server irc.cyber2k.net (or is it .com) and the channel #trekstuff

we are talking about Enterprise episodes direct from the primary feed (420Mb MPG files although they do smaller versions too) DVD quality, no station logos or commercials and 24 hours ahead of the americans getting to see it...