PDA

View Full Version : Pro Evolution Soccer 3

MadGamer
18-12-2003, 13:40
Hi all, got the game (mentioned in title) yesterday at Hamleys. It is the daddy of all football games. I have just been playing some friendly matches to get used to the controls, but the graphics and the overall gameplay is excellent. Just wondering but how many players can play on the multiplayer mode?

Game is so brilliant.

WNA

smicer07
18-12-2003, 16:09
Up to 8 players I think...

MadGamer
18-12-2003, 17:00
Up to 8 players I think... Is it online compatible though?

smicer07
18-12-2003, 21:23
No, not online.

Bifta
19-12-2003, 20:20
I bought PES3 ... played as Ireland against .... Nigeria and lost 5 nil .... a bit more practice is needed I think.

MadGamer
19-12-2003, 20:22
I bought PES3 ... played as Ireland against .... Nigeria and lost 5 nil .... a bit more practice is needed I think.

What difficulty was it set to?

Bifta
19-12-2003, 23:46
I whacked it up to 5 stars, just played on 1 star and hammered England 8 nil but there's no challenge in that, the opposing players don't even look at the ball let alone tackle for it.

Tristan
22-12-2003, 13:20
Nothing will ever beat Sensible World of Soccer on the Amiga (note: not the PC version). That was the true King of football games, never to be usurped.

It's a tragedy that the geniuses being that game, and Cannon Fodder and Megalomania and Wizkid and countless others are now on the dole, having been unceremoniously dumped by Codemasters (who, of course, retain the rights to all the old games...).

Oh, and as a token gesture towards the topic, the Pro Evo series are the best 'modern' football games. Although I personally would go for the PS2 version, as I can't imagine getting 8 mates around your PC is that easy...

Bifta
22-12-2003, 13:21
ISS on the N64 was the best football game I've played.

TigaSefi
22-12-2003, 13:34
I been playing it a lot recently, and I am in Division II of the Master League and it is freaking difficult even on normal mode cos I can't just go buy the best players because I don't win enough at the moment to afford them all. I just brought Forssell and Yakubu for my forwards and I should start putting the chances away. It gonna take a while to reach Division I lol....

Jerrek
30-12-2003, 04:47
See!!! It is called soccer and not football!!!!!!1 mwhahahahahaha

kronas
30-12-2003, 20:18
See!!! It is called soccer and not football!!!!!!1 mwhahahahahaha

nice try canadian/yank but its actually football over here and much of europe

Gareth
31-12-2003, 10:17
nice try canadian/yank but its actually football over here and much of europe
Yeah, but the 'puter game is called Pro Evolution Soccer, not Pro Evolution Football which would be far too much of a mouthful. By the way, the game rocks, but PS2 version is better than PC.

ps - can you get NTL in Toronto..?

kronas
31-12-2003, 10:42
Yeah, but the 'puter game is called Pro Evolution Soccer, not Pro Evolution Football which would be far too much of a mouthful. By the way, the game rocks, but PS2 version is better than PC.

the game is made in japan thats one of the reasons it has that name they call it soccer there and it just does not sound right if it was pro evolution football too used to the soccer bit

no you cannot get NTL services

Bifta
31-12-2003, 11:01

How on earth is "Pro Evolution Football" more of a mouthful than "Pro Evolution Soccer" ?

imback
31-12-2003, 21:50
How on earth is "Pro Evolution Football" more of a mouthful than "Pro Evolution Soccer" ?

As Kronas said it's called pro evolution soccer since it originated in Japan, where the sport is called soccer.

Ok who is the one person that said the game is bad? :rolleyes: :p

kronas
31-12-2003, 22:02
Ok who is the one person that said the game is bad? :rolleyes: :p

that person needs there head sorting proberbly a fifa fanboy :D :p

MadGamer
31-12-2003, 22:06
Shall i ask one of the mods to re open this poll as it is becoming very popular? It was Salman79uk who said the game was bad

imback
31-12-2003, 22:16
PES3 and CM 03-04 are the only games I need to be honest.

Bifta
01-01-2004, 12:54
I've finally managed to beat a team playing "old firm green" on the normal difficulty setting, always helps to know which buttons to press instead of randomly mashing them while praying for a goal.

imback
01-01-2004, 19:22
If you got an xport from somewhere like play.com or amazon you can dowload an optin file from www.pesfan.com that will correct team names, player names, transfers and even adds in a lot of players that are missing from the game.