PDA

View Full Version : This whole gaycube thing.......

ic14
18-12-2003, 13:35
Ill prob get in trouble for this thread but quite frankly i have had enough
Will all you Gamecube haters please stop calling it Gaycube. I am not the only one who is getting fed up with near enough every thread in this forum turning in to a chidish slanging match.
If you dont like the Gamecube just dont post in here, its easy enough to do.

(Prepares for a ton of bad rep)

CaKe
18-12-2003, 13:43
I totally agree with you - just cos the Gamecube is a lesser selling console doesn't mean other people don't like it :)

Fair enough, we're all entitled to our opinions - I for one think the XBox looks ridiculous, far too bulky, but I don't go round calling it some childish name :)

It works for other subjects - if people don't like the thread, or the opinion, fair enough - but "gaycube" is a pathetic, childish name imho :)

Bifta
18-12-2003, 13:50
Ill prob get in trouble for this thread but quite frankly i have had enough
Will all you Gamecube haters please stop calling it Gaycube. I am not the only one who is getting fed up with near enough every thread in this forum turing in to a chidish slanging match.
If you dont like the Gamecube just dont post in here, its easy enough to do.

(Prepares for a ton of bad rep)

I agree with you too, people using "gay" as a derogatory term need a good slap upside the melon.

TigaSefi
18-12-2003, 13:58
Agreed IC14.

ic14
18-12-2003, 14:05
Thanks cake, bifta and tigasefi.
when i can give good rep again (tomorrow)ill do it

Jarandco
18-12-2003, 14:20
Ill admit i did use that term a few times, allthough not really on these forums but it is annoying, just like when people call the xbox a brick or a pc, that also annoys me, so as a gamecube and xbox owner id just like them to be both called thier names, although gamecube can be abbrivated to GC :)

paulyoung666
18-12-2003, 14:31
I apologise. I know the age group the cough cube is aimed at so should have known it would upset,

http://www.lee-county.com/library/kids/images/rattle.gif

you apologise then **** off again in the same sentence :eek:

funny you should mention age groups :(

downquark1
18-12-2003, 14:31
I concur - shudders at that war I with with kronas about this.

ic14
18-12-2003, 14:32
I apologise. I know the age group the cough cube is aimed at so should have known it would upset, :rolleyes:
it doesnt matter one bit about the "age group", its the fact that your using "gay" as a derogatory term.

TigaSefi
18-12-2003, 14:42
I don't think Defiant has the capability to grow up IC14, so I'd ignore him if i was you.

dr wadd
18-12-2003, 14:46
I apologise. I know the age group the cough cube is aimed at so should have known it would upset,

I think the mistake you are making is equating the number of units sold with quality. Look at the number of people that buy Gold Blend, and that isn`t exactly a quality coffee (personally I think that calling it coffee in the first place is stretching it a bit).

Ramrod
18-12-2003, 14:49
I think the mistake you are making is equating the number of units sold with quality. Look at the number of people that buy Gold Blend, and that isn`t exactly a quality coffee (personally I think that calling it coffee in the first place is stretching it a bit).
Damn right and good point! (just look at whats no. 1 in the charts most weeks :sick: )

dilli-theclaw
18-12-2003, 14:59
Unfortunately the people who use this term (with one exception who can't help himself) just can't see what they are doing - and can't see it as a problem.

They also don't give a sh*t who they are offending.

It is sad - but I guess they should be looked on as the pitiful people they really are.

It shouldn't matter which system you chose - just be happy with it or them and leave it at that.

paulyoung666
18-12-2003, 15:15
Unfortunately the people who use this term (with one exception who can't help himself) just can't see what they are doing - and can't see it as a problem.

They also don't give a sh*t who they are offending.

It is sad - but I guess they should be looked on as the pitiful people they really are.

It shouldn't matter which system you chose - just be happy with it or them and leave it at that.

your not wrong there , :( :( people

Steve H
18-12-2003, 15:15
Agree with all the comments, If its ok with you IC.. Il lock the thread as the points been made?

ic14
18-12-2003, 16:40
Agree with all the comments, If its ok with you IC.. Il lock the thread as the points been made? Yep :tu:
I was mainly letting out some steam, its good to see that theres others who agree with me.

Defiant
18-12-2003, 16:46
just like when people call the xbox a brick or a pc,

But it is a brick and it is a pc in box. It doesn't bother me either because after all thats what it is ;)