PDA

View Full Version : Bill Bull

hurlyburly
24-09-2006, 00:24
Hi all. I ordered the broadband complete package online but because I happen to have the same name as my father this seemed to cause major confusion with Telewest and they had to send out a Rep to clarify that I was indeed who I said I was. (Jnr, not Snr) Beacause this fuss led to a delay in installation the Rep said there would be no installation charge and I would have 3 months half price. During the initial online order I also chose to pay by Direct Debit. None of this has happened. I was charged full installation fee, there was no half price discount and I'm being charged an admin fee for non direct debit payment. I have the written proof that there should have been no charge involved and Telewest have told me to send a photocopy of this to some address in Sheffield. Frankly I'd had enough and would quite happily cancel at this point. If i phone them and say I'm cancelling would they try and sweeten me with any freebies? That would probably win me over! :)

Druchii
24-09-2006, 01:17
Or you could just claim your money back that they took? By doing exactly what they said, and sending it recorded delivery? You are ready to take delivery of services. So why not take them instead of cancelling?

Anywho, you could try it, but as you're so new they'd probably say goodbye.