PDA

View Full Version : Any advice?

LiviGordo
14-09-2006, 13:39
Hi....today I am cut off for the tenth time since Installation in May. I am most infuriated by this one (other 9 have been for various protracted arguments so I leave them alone) as I started a new job on the 1st of August and received my first wage on the 29th. First thing I did was phoned Telewest and asked to pay £150 to my bill so that my account was bang up to date. No no they said your balance is only £63 due to a botched SRO from the previous month which led to my service being off completely, which they were recompensing me for. Great I thought I pay £65 and I'm ahead of the account and I know my credit limit is £120 so I wont get cut off when my bill is generated. Even upgraded to Sky Sports and Movies so my monthly cost would be £99. Verified this with another 2 customer service people ...yes my balance is 0. Cool! Today everything is cut off. Called them up...."you have a balance of £194 on your account".....well I tell you I almost threw the phone through the window. She tells me I didn't pay the full balance the previous month. Yes I did I say. No you were given the wrong information. By 3 different people I say? Yes we're very sorry. You are wrong I say. Very sorry but you were misinformed. You are cut off till you pay £194. I start to lose the plot here. They then tell me we were informed if we upgraded to Sky sports/movies we would go over our credit limit and be cut off. I ASK YOU WHAT LUNATIC WOULD AGREE TO THOSE TERMS? I am seriously considering ripping the whole installation out the wall. What advice do you have for this persecution as I think this is criminal behaviour.

LiviGordo
16-09-2006, 13:37
Any advice at all as I'm sick of this billing merry go round. Ofcom?

---------- Post added at 13:37 ---------- Previous post was at 13:36 ----------

Even better is there anywhere in Scotland I can discuss this face to face with someone?

LiviGordo
19-09-2006, 21:50
Thanks for the trademark Telewest ignorance.:tu:

Jules
19-09-2006, 21:51
Is any of the team about that could help with this at all :)

Stuart
21-09-2006, 17:12
Any advice at all as I'm sick of this billing merry go round. Ofcom?

---------- Post added at 13:37 ---------- Previous post was at 13:36 ----------

Even better is there anywhere in Scotland I can discuss this face to face with someone?

Your local citizens advice bureau may be able to help..

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/

LiviGordo
21-09-2006, 17:49
lol to add insult to injury a salesman just knocked on the door, listened to the story and tried to get us to fraudulently sign up for service as a new customer! Absolutely first class company....

LiviGordo
21-09-2006, 22:41
So the Telewest salesman called tonight. He got the full sorry story. Cut off I said. Absolutely disgraceful I said. Ofcom should be told I said. What did he say? Pretend you've moved away and I'll put you on as a new customer in your wife's maiden name. That just sums the company up for me. Corrupt, misleading, a disgrace. I WILL tell ofcom about these salesman. "30 customers I've signed up this month". I would doubt the validity of any of these deals.