PDA

View Full Version : Installation Query/Woes

Visibleman
14-09-2006, 00:46
Hey Guys,
Just moved into my student house and contacted NTL to get 4/10mb BB package install. The previous tenants left two cable modems, both which seem to work (all lights are on, has connection, no data transfer) and we thought it would be a 5 minute job of creating/transfering the account into our name(s) and we would have net access - yet according to them it will take 3 WEEKS before they can send an engineer around to "check the wires" - is this normal? as it certainly seems completly stupid and it's causing problems for studying before uni starts!

However, after numerous sources have told us they DO 9 months contracts, the sales team had a "meeting" and after about 5 hours of getting transfered back and forth from customer services to sales, who continue to say they do DO 9 month contracts (not having a clue about the sales team "meeting"), the sales slipped up and said they stopped it as not enough students were taking up the offer - forcing us to pay for 3 months that we wont use the service :mad: and surely this is completly illegal to offer a service that they dont do? It's a complete shambles! :rolleyes:

I would have thought they would be falling over themselves for new customers, obviously not - it certainly is making us think about getting ADSL service installed!

lostandconfused
15-09-2006, 03:56
try virgin.net theres no minimum period on that at all, athough you do need a bt line which you would have 12 months on

Chutzpah
16-09-2006, 00:12
From my experience of various companies like telewest, ntl and BT that's fairly standard to send an engineer out. Don't know what they do all day :p:

I've learnt though experience that as soon as I know where I'm going to move I contact the provider and book a date as soon as I can.

Nedkelly
16-09-2006, 07:49
In Lincoln the direct sales team are busy sellling student contracts i dont know the full detals but they are not a full 12 month contract.And on RAF waddington the service men /womean have a special clause in theres:) in case the are posted over seas