PDA

View Full Version : Home move issue

DazedAndConfused
08-09-2006, 14:19
Can anybody on the inside help me?!

I moved into a new house on Monday and arranged for my account to be moved and the install at the new place to be made yesterday.

The engineer duly arrived and installed all the equipment I had brought with me from my old address, the TV and phone were working before he left and he told me that the broadband would activate within a couple of hours. I waited and tried the BB but nothing.

I called BB tech support first who said it was an install problem and put me through to CS, who in turn said it was an issue with the account not being moved correctly so put me through to home movers. I was then told the issue would definitely be resolved when the engineer returned to base to 'post' the days installs, this would happen before 5pm. I tried again at 6.30 and still no BB. Called CS and was told there was nothing they could do and to call home movers today after 9am.

I called this morning and spoke to somebody who seemed helpful and told me the BB account hadn't been activated at the new address, but he had now performed this action and the BB would be available when the system refreshed in about an hour. Waited 2 hours, but again no BB....

Called home movers again this afternoon to make a complaint and find out what was going on to be told that an SME (?) had to be raised to move the account over which could take a few days!

Can anybody please help me, I'm sick of being lied to!

lostandconfused
11-09-2006, 21:36
sounds like theyve gotten confused with the new adresses, id call CS and ask them what adress they have registered on their screen there, (if you have a seperate account for BB make sure they check that one too) if they have the correct adresses its tech support fobbing you off. if it is the case they have the correct adresses call tech support and explain the info youve just gathered and they wont be able to transfer you from dept to dept

leics poshie
12-09-2006, 14:11
Can anybody on the inside help me?!

I moved into a new house on Monday and arranged for my account to be moved and the install at the new place to be made yesterday.

The engineer duly arrived and installed all the equipment I had brought with me from my old address, the TV and phone were working before he left and he told me that the broadband would activate within a couple of hours. I waited and tried the BB but nothing.

I called BB tech support first who said it was an install problem and put me through to CS, who in turn said it was an issue with the account not being moved correctly so put me through to home movers. I was then told the issue would definitely be resolved when the engineer returned to base to 'post' the days installs, this would happen before 5pm. I tried again at 6.30 and still no BB. Called CS and was told there was nothing they could do and to call home movers today after 9am.

I called this morning and spoke to somebody who seemed helpful and told me the BB account hadn't been activated at the new address, but he had now performed this action and the BB would be available when the system refreshed in about an hour. Waited 2 hours, but again no BB....

Called home movers again this afternoon to make a complaint and find out what was going on to be told that an SME (?) had to be raised to move the account over which could take a few days!

Can anybody please help me, I'm sick of being lied to!

I am having exactly the same problem, but they can put you on a temporary internet connection whilst the home move should go through

Still waiting 6 days after my bloody form was filled in, I have a fixed ip address which i dont like to have, NTL are very poor and when i was on the phone yesterday the supervisor refused to come to the phone

Graham M
12-09-2006, 14:14
sounds like theyve gotten confused with the new adresses, id call CS and ask them what adress they have registered on their screen there, (if you have a seperate account for BB make sure they check that one too) if they have the correct adresses its tech support fobbing you off. if it is the case they have the correct adresses call tech support and explain the info youve just gathered and they wont be able to transfer you from dept to dept

Are you brothers? :erm::angel:

lostandconfused
12-09-2006, 14:25
not that im aware of:D

DazedAndConfused
14-09-2006, 11:26
....and I'm a girl!

Still not sorted, although my phone and TV have now been cut off as well....

Jules
14-09-2006, 13:41
Maybe one of the team here can help you

maverick
14-09-2006, 13:48
Can you try loading this website into your browser to see if it loads.

https://autoreg.autoregister.net/cgi/housemove

If it does just follow on screen instructions.