PDA

View Full Version : [Merged] Installation strife - One month and counting

gkhewitt
07-09-2006, 17:06
Hi there, I'm posting here because I feel like I'm in a dead-end with Telewest and I am looking for some advice on what I can do next. Here's the story.

Rented flat in Newcastle with Telewest connections already present (previous tenants used it all fine). Ordered Telewest 3 for £30 and arranged for Quickstart pack delivery on Tues 5th Sept.

Waited by the door all day Tuesday with no delivery. Phoned up Tuesday evening and was told that a delivery was scheduled for Weds 6th, although I'd never received any notification of this. Waited in queue with relevant rescheduling department (0800 953 9500) for 40mins before giving up (more specifically, cordless phone battery gave up). Nobody was going to be in the property all of Weds and won't be until Saturday.

Called next morning (Weds) to rearrange delivery. Managed to get the Weds delivery cancelled but was told that they couldn't rearrange delivery and that a member of the admin team would call me back.

Was called back later that morning by an engineer on his mobile who told me that he was scheduled to relay a cable in the garden of the property. He couldn't tell me why this was needed and again, I'd had no notification of this being necessary since TW is already present on the premises and previous tenants used all 3 services without trouble. He said he would pass the case onto his supervisor and they would ring me back. No such luck!

Rang again this morning and was told that yes, a cable relaying was scheduled but they couldn't tell me why. I tried to schedule this work and arrange a new delivery but was told that they couldn't do that since it was the team manager in charge of this job. Any question relating to the work was met with "the team manager is handling this." I asked to be put through to this person but was told that this wasn't possible. Was told that I'd be called back later that morning but never was.

I don't know what to do since we just seem to be going around in circles. We need to schedule this work otherwise it won't get done and delivery won't take place but there are times during the next two weeks where nobody will be at the premises and we don't exactly want them turning up & disappearing again! Also since it's a rented property, we need to obtain permission from the landlords for any work that needs to be carried out.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can do here? I appreciate that the customer reps I have spoken to have been very helpful but there seems to be a lot of miscommunication and nobody is prepared to deal with it there and then!

Many thanks

gkhewitt
26-09-2006, 19:49
Hi everyone

Further to my post a few weeks ago, here is an update. We're basically still waiting for installation having ordered TW on the 30th August and promised original installation on 5th Sept. Today I have finally secured a proper installation date on the 4th Oct.

The details of the delay are irrelevant here but they are ultimately Telewest's fault and they agree with that.

Basically, I'm wondering what I'm within my rights to ask for. Obviously I will look for a credit to cover the month which I have been paying for with no service, but we have been messed around by Telewest so much and I have lost track of the number of hours either spent on the phone to them or waiting around for a callback. Is it acceptable to ask for more, say an extra months' free service for the incovenience? Does anyone know what CS staff are empowered to offer?

Many thanks in advance

MovedGoalPosts
26-09-2006, 20:35
I'd be making a formal written complaint, and requiring full compensation and refund of monies spent on calls, plus a decent goodwill credit.

Unfortunately the team doesn't, yet, have good contacts within the Telewest side of cable company, in the way we do for the ntl areas, otherwise I'd offer some more positive intervention.

gkhewitt
29-09-2006, 00:43
Hi Rob, thanks for the helpful information - I will get a letter drafted up and sent off registered delivery.

Would you happen to know the appropriate Telewest address for this sort of mailing? I have about three different addresses from various mailings and am unsure as to which one to use!

Thanks again

gkhewitt
13-10-2006, 16:27
Just to let you know that we've now got everything installed and working, on the 4th Oct as said above.

I sent off a letter of complaint and it only took two weeks but I got a phone call today offering £40 credit to cover the first month and phone calls. Good!

So Telewest can get their backsides in gear, even if it does take nothing short of an eternity...

arcamalpha2004
15-10-2006, 17:49
Just to let you know that we've now got everything installed and working, on the 4th Oct as said above.

I sent off a letter of complaint and it only took two weeks but I got a phone call today offering £40 credit to cover the first month and phone calls. Good!

So Telewest can get their backsides in gear, even if it does take nothing short of an eternity...

Good news ;)
Your story interests me because one of the promises in the literature I got from the MD of customer services was installation any day of the week! morning, afternoon or evenings! even on a saturday if I wanted !:erm:
Glad to hear you're sorted :tu:

gkhewitt
16-10-2006, 00:06
They will install pretty much anytime but my experiences show that it depends on who you speak to and when you speak to them - some weeks are busier than others! I had to wait a week for engineers at some points (see full story) but then was helping friends out down the road, turned out they needed an engineer who arrived the next morning!

Never mind, I haven't got the energy to desire anything more - it's all working and that's what matters...