PDA

View Full Version : Installation Woes...again.

takisawa
05-09-2006, 10:05
A little history...About 12 months ago, I had the 3 for £30 deal "installed". A botched installation, several missed appointments later and I wound up here, whereupon I passed my details, by PM, to a kind soul who said he would help. Well, sure enough somebody did...NTL's director of fault management, and my problems were quickly solved.
So to the present...Last week my sister in law, based primarily on my reccomendations, had the 3 for £30 package installed with . An engineer turned up as arranged, and installed the telephone ok, broadband ok, and the TV, but the TV would only show a small number of channels, infact less than the number of Freeview channels she normally gets. Numerous calls ensued, and several promises were made, however a week later still they are wailting for the TV channels that they are now paying for to finally come on.
So my question...can some kind soul please please please help...????

Paul K
05-09-2006, 11:05
Has CS/ TS re-hit the box? If they have then either your S-I-L needs her account checking or they need to replace the box or have an engineer out.

takisawa
05-09-2006, 15:33
Several "Support" operators have claimed to have re-set things and 3 times they have been told to wait 72 hours for the account to update, but to no avail. My S-I-L is all but ready to pull the plug and go down the ADSL / BT Line route. I honestly thought NTL had its act together but now I feel a bit of a lemon for having talked her into signing up.
A friend recently signed up with Telewest and had no problems at all, in fact he was very pleased with the whole changeover.

Nedkelly
05-09-2006, 18:56
If they can do a dummey box swap for some unknown reason only faults despatch can do this :confused: They can sent as many hits as they like nothing will happen .They send a engineer out as they can not figure it out :mad: It makes me so mad that a simple thing can not be done by front line staff:mad:

takisawa
06-09-2006, 08:23
:) Well its all now sorted. An engineer came out and replaced the STB. Are these boxes not tested before despatch to the Tech Guys ? I had to have my box swapped straight away as they couldnt get a remote control to work with it. (I was given a nice silver one...mmmmm)
However I have to point out that it was not the usual support route that got it fixed in the end. When I had my woes last year, the chief engineer for my region who called out to fix it gave me his mobile number in case I had any more problems. So I dug out his number and gave him a call. He was excellent. My S-I-L was actually on the phone to another faults department when an engineer, sent by the chief engineer I had called, arrived and swapped the box for them.;)