PDA

View Full Version : Back to school !

sir_drinks_alot
04-09-2006, 23:14
Think god it's back to school time lol Emilie and the other kids have been driveing Me mad all summer long bet there's alot of you who feel the same :D

MadGamer
05-09-2006, 08:25
lol my sister does with her daughter. :D

Russ
05-09-2006, 08:27
It's Alyssa's first day tomorrow so I've taken the morning off so I can take her to nursery - in her little uniform she looks so grown up :D

orangebird
05-09-2006, 09:13
Oh yeah, deep joy. Very small women with even smaller children driving huge 4x4's that they can't see over the top of the steering wheel of, clogging up the town roads to drop their sproggs off at school which is all of 300 yards from their homes. Brilliant. *sigh*

sir_drinks_alot
05-09-2006, 10:33
Only thing is the price of school uniforms is a rip off :mad: i could not believe the Prices of skirts and blouses bet i'v have got all the stuff she needed at half the Cost on main land europe :mad:

Russ
05-09-2006, 10:35
Woolworths are usually the best for price - that's where we kitted Alyssa out, except for shoes - Clarks took care of those.

orangebird
05-09-2006, 10:42
Only thing is the price of school uniforms is a rip off :mad: i could not believe the Prices of skirts and blouses bet i'v have got all the stuff she needed at half the Cost on main land europe :mad:

Do you not have a tescos or an asda near you? Unbelieveably cheap...

sir_drinks_alot
05-09-2006, 10:44
Woolworths are usually the best for price - that's where we kitted Alyssa out, except for shoes - Clarks took care of those.

ya got some stuff from woolworths i did save my not haveing to by shoes tho :D
but knewing her she will soon grow out of tham now if i could only get her To
put on some Trousers and not wear skirts all the time.

Ramrod
05-09-2006, 10:57
Oh yeah, deep joy. Very small women with even smaller children driving huge 4x4's that they can't see over the top of the steering wheel of, clogging up the town roads to drop their sproggs off at school which is all of 300 yards from their homes. Brilliant. *sigh*Several sweeping assumptions in that post......like it! :tu: :D

dilli-theclaw
05-09-2006, 10:58
My boy also went off to start year 1 this morning, completely not interested in saying good bye - just too excited to get started :)

Jon M
05-09-2006, 11:00
Do you not have a tescos or an asda near you? Unbelieveably cheap...:tu: Tescos is great for cheapo jeans... they used to be absolutely appalling quality and design, but their newer ones are great... £26 for a pair of jeans, a shirt and a t-shirt.. can't argue with that :)

Paul K
05-09-2006, 11:04
Yay, loads of kids on busses messing about, smoking pot and intimidating other passengers plus obviously the traffic issue raised by OB as well as the problem of ignorant/ lazy parents using our road as a car park just because they (parents and children) cannot be bothered to walk 15 minutes down the road.
Time to add another 20 minutes onto my journey into work again :(

orangebird
05-09-2006, 11:05
Several sweeping assumptions in that post......like it! :tu: :D

Seriously, it really is like that where I live... :(

Angua
05-09-2006, 11:08
Fortunately where our school is the way the footpaths are makes it quicker to walk or cycle but there is still a large number of cars (only 1 or 2 4X4's though) ;)

Peace and quiet.....Bliss

Paul K
05-09-2006, 11:08
Seriously, it really is like that where I live... :(
You should try living near us lol Every other parent thinks that a 4x4 is the best vehicle to transport 1 child to school in, no-one car-pools and god help you if you live within 1/4 mile of a school because you need to leave your road before 0800 to actually be ABLE to leave the road at all. Some areas near us are a war zone in the mornings and some parents have created their own rules at one school which include creating their very own one way system to make dropping their kids off easier.... shame about anyone actually wanting to use the road normally (including the police).

Angua
05-09-2006, 11:13
You should try living near us lol Every other parent thinks that a 4x4 is the best vehicle to transport 1 child to school in, no-one car-pools and god help you if you live within 1/4 mile of a school because you need to leave your road before 0800 to actually be ABLE to leave the road at all. Some areas near us are a war zone in the mornings and some parents have created their own rules at one school which include creating their very own one way system to make dropping their kids off easier.... shame about anyone actually wanting to use the road normally (including the police).

I would feel like using a spike strip to cause total blockage to force action from the powers that be.

Paul K
05-09-2006, 11:16
They tried, contractors arrived to put traffic calming in (speed cushions etc) and the contractors ended up leaving due to the continual harrasment/ threats/ foul language from mothers arriving to drop their kids off :erm: They even told a copper where to go when he went to investigate after being told what was happening, he said he hadn't heard anything like it in all the years he had been in the job :erm:

Maggy
05-09-2006, 13:29
Well as the only breadwinner in a family of 4 at the moment I'm delighted..I might get some work soon.

I'm fervently hoping that next summer school holidays I will spend in this house ON MY OWN.I've had not only a bellyful of my 18 year old son but my 54 year old husband as well.Tantrums,swearing,bad tempered every morning until my son gets up and then you can times that by 2.

Oh please let the phone ring soon...

Jules
05-09-2006, 13:53
I must be the only one not looking forward to it, I enjoy having my son at home and not having to get up early on a morning

Gareth
05-09-2006, 14:10
Oh yeah, deep joy. Very small women with even smaller children driving huge 4x4's that they can't see over the top of the steering wheel of, clogging up the town roads to drop their sproggs off at school which is all of 300 yards from their homes. Brilliant. *sigh*Several sweeping assumptions in that post......like it! :tu: :DThing is, it's absolutely like that though. Plus, the number of able-bodied mothers who seem to think that the disabled bays in my son's car park are actually for them to use for their 4x4's is astounding :rolleyes:

How can teachers be expected to instill any sense of what's right in a child when the parents are doing such a good job of doing the exact opposite every day? :confused:

TheDaddy
05-09-2006, 14:13
Thing is, it's absolutely like that though. Plus, the number of able-bodied mothers who seem to think that the disabled bays in my son's car park are actually for them to use for their 4x4's is astounding :rolleyes:

How can teachers be expected to instill any sense of what's right in a child when the parents are doing such a good job of doing the exact opposite every day? :confused:

One of the few things I have agreed with Ken Livingstone on 'when I see a farmer driving a 4x4 on the fields etc. I think fair enough, when I see a mother trying to get a 4x4 turned round near the gates of a school I think prat' :)

basa
05-09-2006, 15:15
I must be the only one not looking forward to it, I enjoy having my son at home and not having to get up early on a morning

Hear, hear. But the missus has conceded now that getting our youngest up at 07:00am is not fair when she's only 15 minutes from school ;)

dilli-theclaw
05-09-2006, 15:17
I must be the only one not looking forward to it, I enjoy having my son at home and not having to get up early on a morningMMMmmm Buxwom woman chose to send out littleun to a school not in our town and I can't drive so she has to get him and take him. Oh well, and by the time he's at a school in this town he'll be old enough to go himself :)

basa
05-09-2006, 15:17
.................Tantrums,swearing,bad tempered every morning until my son gets up and then you can times that by 2.

You should drink some calming camomile tea !! :D :D

(Yes I KNOW what you meant .. only j/king ;) )

dilli-theclaw
05-09-2006, 16:18
And here he is :)

sir_drinks_alot
05-09-2006, 20:04
Another good thing about turm time is you know where thay are for part of the time cuts down on the worry and stress :tu:

Jules
05-09-2006, 20:07
Aww Dilli he looks so proud, he is a real heart breaker

sir_drinks_alot
05-09-2006, 20:18
i'd love to post one of Emilie in her school gear but she's kill me if i did lol

Jules
05-09-2006, 20:19
Shame, it would have been nice to see her

MadGamer
05-09-2006, 20:25
My boy also went off to start year 1 this morning, completely not interested in saying good bye - just too excited to get started :) Just shows he's eager, and wants to learn. :) :tu:

Chris
05-09-2006, 20:38
Our wee boy started nursery last week. He is so excited at the thought that he gets to go back every day. :D

Jules
05-09-2006, 20:40
I am just amazed how quickly time has passed and that your son (Chris) and Russ's daughter are not babies any more

Chris
05-09-2006, 20:45
I am just amazed how quickly time has passed and that your son (Chris) and Russ's daughter are not babies any more

Indeed. :D

Download Failed (1)

Jules
05-09-2006, 21:13
Bless him I can feel my heart melting

Maggy
06-09-2006, 02:05
Hmmm!Well I'm not fooled by the cheeky grin...not for a moment.;)

Kliro
06-09-2006, 02:09

Download Failed (1)

*lol* I wish I could still wear red pants and have a bag like that :/

Russ
06-09-2006, 10:51

Here's my 'baby' this morning...looking distinctively grown up :)

Notice the wind-swept hair - it was perfect until she decided that wearing a bobble wasn't on her list of priorities....

homealone
06-09-2006, 10:59
Here's my 'baby' this morning...looking distinctively grown up :)

Notice the wind-swept hair - it was perfect until she decided that wearing a bobble wasn't on her list of priorities....

awww bless, I like the socks, real cute :)

dilli-theclaw
06-09-2006, 11:10
Aye I See you all have some nice littleuns too :)
Just as long as buxom woman don't see this - I'm sure she'll only get broody :)

Jules
06-09-2006, 11:13
Russ she is lovely and she has such a cheeky smile :)

Maggy
06-09-2006, 11:31
Well I'm back to school tommorrow...yippeee!A small yippeee due to mixed feelings.End of summer but freedom from repressive timekeeping ex-worker husband.

I shall see all the cute year 7 and hate them because they are supposed to be an absolute knightmare as a year.Won't take 'em a week to before someone's excluded I bet.;)

It took the last lot a whole month. :D

Jules
06-09-2006, 11:39
You have more guts than I do, year 7!! god help you

jtwn
06-09-2006, 14:35
Ahahaha give it a few years and they'll be like me :Pumpkin:

Stuart
06-09-2006, 17:35

http://homepage.mac.com/towny/boy.jpg

Looks just like a younger version of you...

Russ
06-09-2006, 18:09
<in the know joke>All the little guy needs is a PDA and James Bond-style foldaway keyboard.... :D </in the know joke>

dilli-theclaw
06-09-2006, 18:15
Mine keeps announcing that he's going to be the cleverest in the school - nothing like beng modest.

Russ
06-09-2006, 18:17
All Alyssa will tell me is she did a painting in school - but she won't tell me what of :spin:

Chris
06-09-2006, 21:03
<in the know joke>All the little guy needs is a PDA and James Bond-style foldaway keyboard.... :D </in the know joke>

Who's to say he hasn't got one in his little rucksack? You didn't know I was carrying them until I slapped them on the table ;) ;) ;)