PDA

View Full Version : Swapping books

Jules
03-09-2006, 22:35
I read about this in a magazine and it looks like a good idea. Basically you swap books with other members.

http://www.readitswopit.co.uk/Questions.aspx?Section=Introduction

TheNorm
03-09-2006, 23:07
Looks good! Many years ago there was a second-hand bookshop near us that, on return of a book, would refund you 50% of the price paid (if you originally purchased the book from them). They had a huge selection of books, and the place always seemed to be busy, but it went out of business after a year or so!

I think I'll give this "readitswopit" a go and report back...

homealone
03-09-2006, 23:13
it is an interesting idea, - also, to be cynical, another great way to collate email vs physical address, but the likes of ebay, also do that, so my opinion is not intended to be 'that' critical, just thinking out loud... ;)

I also have to say that I'm not sure if I want to lose my 'real' books, some of them get read again, and again - many are available 'virtually', anyway & sometimes I prefer to read them on screen, as well - it's complicated ;)

Jules
03-09-2006, 23:21
You have my made my head hurt now Gary lol

homealone
04-09-2006, 00:11
You have my made my head hurt now Gary lol

sorry, Jules :)

I just meant that some books are available as 'ebooks' in loads of different formats, including pdf, html, doc, lit, pdb, possibly in newsgroups ;)

but they are only even nearly legal if you have the original, afaik ;)

Jules
04-09-2006, 02:55
I prefer to read a book in book form myself rather than online, each to there own :)