PDA

View Full Version : Cheap flights from Lidl

Hugh
03-09-2006, 18:04
http://www.airberlin.com/site/index.php?page=../jumppages/lidluk.php&LANG=eng&ref2=lidluk

Looks quite good - and no, I don't work for Lidl or AirBerlin (although I used to live in West Berlin when I was in the RAF, and I would strongly recommend a visit there).

Voucher costing £19 gets you flights of value up to £69.

Tinky
07-09-2006, 08:41
Seems too good to be true... is there a catch?:scratch:

TheDaddy
07-09-2006, 10:45
Seems too good to be true... is there a catch?:scratch:

The catch is you have to do your shopping at Lidl's :sick:

orangebird
07-09-2006, 10:49
The catch is you have to do your shopping at Lidl's :sick:

I must admit, I am a recent convert to Lidls shopping. Always thought it was for pikeys. However (aside from fruit and veg which I only buy from sainsburys) I am not ashamed to say I do the bulk of my fresh meat/kiddies crap shopping from there. The quality is fantastic, and I'm still amazed at how cheap things are every time I go there. If you're not afraid to try different/unknown labels, give it a go. If you are, grow up and try it anyway. :tu:

PS Lidls chicken meatballs are the best. Ever.

Wicked_and_Crazy
07-09-2006, 10:59
I must admit, I am a recent convert to Lidls shopping. Always thought it was for pikeys. However (aside from fruit and veg which I only buy from sainsburys) I am not ashamed to say I do the bulk of my fresh meat/kiddies crap shopping from there. The quality is fantastic, and I'm still amazed at how cheap things are every time I go there. If you're not afraid to try different/unknown labels, give it a go. If you are, grow up and try it anyway. :tu:

Same is true of Aldi. In fact ive seen Parma ham in Aldi that is exactly the same brand as that in Tesco and it was 25% cheaper. The only annoyance is that you can buy everything you need from one shop.

You should also try Hyperamma if you have one near by

TheDaddy
07-09-2006, 11:02

I have taken advantage of their 'bargains' once and I have to say we have had very different shopping experiences there, it was some of the worst food I have ever tasted, the beef burgers in particular have left a permanment impression on me, just lard wrapped in a very thin layer of meat, as it was a few years ago the quality has hopefully improved and if people are happy shopping there good luck to them, also it's quite possible we just happen to have a particuarly poor store near us the rest may well be fine.

Millay
07-09-2006, 11:44
I find lidl/aldi/netto are best for there european cold meats cheeses etc... and some of the tinned stuff is just amazing for the price.. but as said before I prefer to buy local than go to supermarkets... although I do by there special offer goods.. and these plane tickets will be purchased today... im gonna go to germany in october me thinks..

handyman
07-09-2006, 12:08
The alcohol is very good at lidl particularly the blood orange vodka.

orangebird
07-09-2006, 12:13
I have taken advantage of their 'bargains' once and I have to say we have had very different shopping experiences there, it was some of the worst food I have ever tasted, the beef burgers in particular have left a permanment impression on me, just lard wrapped in a very thin layer of meat, as it was a few years ago the quality has hopefully improved and if people are happy shopping there good luck to them, also it's quite possible we just happen to have a particuarly poor store near us the rest may well be fine.

Thta's a shame - their frozen 1/4 pound burgers are perfect for bbq's. Their lam chops are gorgeous, and their steak mince has so little fat and at less than 2quid for 2lbs, it's a steal.

Gareth
07-09-2006, 12:27
Personally I steer clear of the meat products and the tinned stuff - bad experiences like TheDaddy. However, it's not all bad... as well as brands such as Coke being much cheaper than Tesco & Asda, there are some things we used to buy in France that we can now get at our local Lidl....

The next time you're there, you should buy a bag of the round wafers with hazelnut chocolate filling... they're great. Costs about £1.25 per pack, iirc, and it's a decent sized pack so will last a long time (although they are very more-ish so they won't last that long).

Also, they sell some muesli cereal bars called "Sirius Musli"... they're great for a snack if you don't have time for breakfast in the morning.

The pain au chocolates aren't bad either... although they're way better if they're heated for 3 or 4 mins in the oven :drool:

Nidge
07-09-2006, 18:16

I'm with you on that one, I recently converted to Lidl and I have to say the quality of the stuff they sell is spot on, the price is good to.