PDA

View Full Version : Jaguar Radio Key Code

Graham M
30-08-2006, 23:59
Hi there I'm wondering if anyone can help me, my Mum's Boyfriend owns an L or M (not sure which as it has private plates) Registration Jaguar XLR (or something like that) and had to take it into the garage recently where they replaced the Battery, and since he hasn't been able to use his Stereo as it's waiting for a Key Code, is there any way to sort this out apart from taking it to Jag and paying them money?

Cheers
Graham

bopdude
31-08-2006, 00:13
Hi there I'm wondering if anyone can help me, my Mum's Boyfriend owns an L or M (not sure which as it has private plates) Registration Jaguar XLR (or something like that) and had to take it into the garage recently where they replaced the Battery, and since he hasn't been able to use his Stereo as it's waiting for a Key Code, is there any way to sort this out apart from taking it to Jag and paying them money?

Cheers
Graham

I have a few radio codes, can't get at them atm for pc probs ( as you know ) give me a couple of days until I can look at them, maybe there's one for Jag, can't promise but fingers crossed, Jag will charge an arm and a leg :(

Graham M
31-08-2006, 00:27
Cool :) It's not going anywhere, yet... :)

punky
31-08-2006, 02:00
Long shot... But I assume you've checked for the little card in the manufacturers hand book? :)

Graham M
31-08-2006, 10:37
You mean like the car owner's manual thingy?

punky
31-08-2006, 11:03
You mean like the car owner's manual thingy?

Yeah, in the boot you should get a leather wallet that contains all the manual and service log book, etc. Have a good root around there, it should be on a business card, so it could be tucked inside a manual.

Graham M
31-08-2006, 11:53
Right I'll have a look tomorrow probably.

bopdude
31-08-2006, 21:10
Right I'll have a look tomorrow probably.

While your looking have a look at what make the radio is, I'm back into my system ( thanks Zing ) so can access what codes I have, problem being a lot of them are by radio make rather than car type.....

Graham M
31-08-2006, 22:26
Its debranded from what I saw, if you cant work with that I'll have a look when I see him tomorrow

TheDaddy
31-08-2006, 23:04
I think Jaguar's use Alpine stereo's as standard

bopdude
31-08-2006, 23:51

Thanks for the info, I'll take a look see :tu:

Graham M
01-09-2006, 19:01
OK the card with the Key Code on is missing so if you can help me Bop, I'd be greatful

bopdude
01-09-2006, 19:37
Its debranded from what I saw, if you cant work with that I'll have a look when I see him tomorrow

Not really mate, all the codes I have are ordred by Make ( i.e Ford ) and or type ( i.e. M )

See what you can dig up :tu:

Graham M
01-09-2006, 20:09
Whats under Jag then?

danielf
01-09-2006, 20:22
These blokes (http://www.crawleyhost.com/instant_online_jaguar_radio_code_check.php) claim they can retrieve it for you (for £10), online.

I also noticed this:

When cars with coded radios were first sold, the owner received a pair of plastic cards, about the size of regular credit cards, listing the radio code. When used Jags trade hands, these cards are forgotten and usually are not passed on with the car. And then when the battery dies and is replaced, the radio insists upon being recoded before it will work again.

One tip is that the dealer technicians frequently would write the radio code under the hood of the car in marker. There are also reports that the radio code was on a paper label which was stuck to the underside of the hood when the radio was installed. So if you do not have your code, it is a good idea to look under the hood for the paper label or for a hand-written four or five digit number. You may get lucky; we have known owners who found their radio code in this manner.

(from here (http://www.coventrywest.com/Jaguar/tech_tips_archive/tipofmonth6.htm))

Other than that, taking it to the dealer appears to be the only option as the code is paired with the radio serial number.

Graham M
01-09-2006, 20:26
OK thanks Danielf, I'll tell him to have a look

bopdude
07-09-2006, 05:50

Could be interesting

Whats under Jag then?

Sorry for the late reply mate, I have nothing under Jag, but have a code calculator for Alpine, if it is Alpine. Can you give any more details on the radio make ? If it's Alpine there will / should be a 4 / 5 / or 6 block diode configeration/ list, I'll need that.

angela phillips
25-05-2012, 20:13
I am looking for a code for our x-type jaguar estate 04 plate with built in radio/cd can anyone help as no details have been left in the car and we have just bought it

Graham M
25-05-2012, 21:00
Zombie thread!

budwieser
25-05-2012, 21:48
I am looking for a code for our x-type jaguar estate 04 plate with built in radio/cd can anyone help as no details have been left in the car and we have just bought it

Bloody Hell!!!!!!!!!!! :shocked:
A six year Bump! :erm::D:bump:

Try these people Angela Phillips.........http://www.radio-code.co.uk/;)