PDA

View Full Version : Best Breakfasts

Theodoric
13-12-2003, 18:47
I had the £1.99 "6 items" breakfast at BHS this morning, and excellent value for money it is too. My selection was egg, bacon, sausage, fried slice, black pudding and baked beans. The egg was freshly fried by a young lad as you waited. However, the fried slice had the usual fault of cafe-fried slices; namely it was crisp all the way through so that it shattered when you stuck the fork in. In my opinion, the ideal fried slice should be crisp and golden on the outside, but moist and softish (but not too soft) on the inside.

Ramrod
13-12-2003, 18:53
Full english for me too, but I find the bhs ones a bit small. I prefer to do my own.

Bex
13-12-2003, 18:55
mmmmmm cooked breakie....dad and i generally pop to tesco after seeing my nan on a sunday...not the best i have had but nice...

think best cooked breakie i ever had was in a b and b in manchester :)

iadom
13-12-2003, 19:31
Full English here as well,I got back a couple of weeks ago from Fuengirola, found a great little bar for brekkie. Fruit juice, bacon, egg, sausage, beans, black pudding, fried bread, mushrooms, small fried new potatoes and two rounds of toast & marmalade. 4 euro's. Looking at the weather now, I wish I was back there, lovely sunshine, right on the Paseo reading the Telegraph and enjoying breakfast, what better way to start the day.....:tu:

Tricky
13-12-2003, 19:35
After stood waiting in my local sarnie shop (1st time visit and last) this morning for a bacon and tom, I'm thinking of reporting them to environmental health.

3 old dears non of which wearing hats
1 of which continually scratch her head and then buttered the teacakes
1 kept rubbing her nose with her hand and then was bagging up the sarnies.
1 dropped the knife on the floor and then picked it up put it on the counter to be washed then disappeared - only for scratcher to pick it up and start slicing teacakes.

I'd seen enough - I was outta there!

Anyway favourite is Poached eggs on toast (Buttered not marge) with a few beans on the side. I know a great cafe in Leeds if anyone wants to know.

handyman
13-12-2003, 20:16
Undisputed best breakfast ever is a mega taz breakfast from caths cafe in Redcar. I think its £3/3.50

which is :-

4 sausages
4 bacon
3 eggs
2 black pudding
beans
mushrooms
tomatoes
2 fried bread
2 toast

G/teed to tame any appetite and a favorite of bops and mine :drool:

Ramrod
13-12-2003, 20:22
Undisputed best breakfast ever is a mega taz breakfast from caths cafe in Redcar. I think its £3/3.50

4 sausages
4 bacon
3 eggs
2 black pudding
beans
mushrooms
tomatoes
2 fried bread
2 toast

G/teed to tame any appetite and a favorite of bops and mine :drool:Who will both soon be having a coronary event...... :D

paulyoung666
13-12-2003, 20:24

4 sausages
4 bacon
3 eggs
2 black pudding
beans
mushrooms
tomatoes
2 fried bread
2 toast

must check that out next time i am in redcar , where abouts is it ??????????? , it deffo looks like it is worth a visit :tu:

Maggy
13-12-2003, 20:34
Frankly any breakfast that I don't have to cook is the best ever.

Incog. :D

paulyoung666
13-12-2003, 20:35
now having said that , if anyone is driving up portrack lane in stockton there is a van parked there on the left hand side and he does the best bacon sarnie i have ever had , worth every pennie i reckon :tu: , that is left hand side from the A19 :p

Bex
13-12-2003, 20:35
I know a great cafe in Leeds if anyone wants to know.

there are some fantastic cafes in leeds......which one do you mean huni?

Tricky
13-12-2003, 20:37
there are some fantastic cafes in leeds......which one do you mean huni?

David Street (LS11) two minutes walk from centre... :tu:

Bex
13-12-2003, 20:41
David Street (LS11) two minutes walk from centre... :tu:

ohh not sure i know that one, will have to seek it and give it a go ta for that :tu:

handyman
13-12-2003, 20:47
must check that out next time i am in redcar , where abouts is it ??????????? , it deffo looks like it is worth a visit :tu:

Milbank Terrace http://www.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?GridE=460247&GridN=525156&client=public&X=460247&Y=525156&place=Milbank+Terrace,+Redcar&db=GB&local=&type=&start=&coordsys=gb&limit=&overviewmap=&scale=5000 opposite westbourne grove on the map.

Its far from being the classiest joint around but the grubs ace and plentiful.

Defiant
13-12-2003, 20:48
Time to get slated but I like the Mcdonald's big breakfast meal and think its very good value for what you get. Some of these place's charge stupid price's for a breakfast nowadays

Tricky
13-12-2003, 20:50
ohh not sure i know that one, will have to seek it and give it a go ta for that :tu:

From the Train Station:
Walk down towards the Green Flag building and towards Asda head office (out of town) under the tunnels
As you go over the river turn right into Water Lane (Halifax Direct on your left)
Walk approx 150 yards and turn left into David Street
Cafe is 20 yards down this street

Christmas lunch is Wed-Fri next week I think (about £6-£7 for two courses) and it's excellent. Been every year for the past 5 years

handyman
13-12-2003, 20:51
Time to get slated but I like the Mcdonald's big breakfast meal and think its very good value for what you get. Some of these place's charge stupid price's for a breakfast nowadays

Slated?? Their sausage and egg Mcmuffins are fantastic, way better than anything on the daytime menu.

Defiant
13-12-2003, 20:51
Worst Breakfast I ever had was in Asda Trafford Park. Half of the plate was two big feck off tomato's. 2 hash browns well more like cardboard, A sausage (Well I think it was) and some very cheap beans and two very small peice's off bacon

Bex
13-12-2003, 20:52
From the Train Station:
Walk down towards the Green Flag building and towards Asda head office (out of town) under the tunnels
As you go over the river turn right into Water Lane (Halifax Direct on your left)
Walk approx 150 yards and turn left into David Street
Cafe is 20 yards down this street

Christmas lunch is Wed-Fri next week I think (about £6-£7 for two courses) and it's excellent. Been every year for the past 5 years

thanks ever so much for the directions......although don't think will make it to the xmas lunch bit....won't be back in leeds till jan :p

Jerrek
13-12-2003, 22:08
Oh you British... How can you eat such a big breakfast? I don't eat in the morning at all. I just don't feel like eating. My first meal is around 1pm and it is mostly fruit and salads.

Sipowicz
13-12-2003, 22:14
You can't beat an "Ulster Fry"! It's just a damn long way from here thats all...............

Bacon, Sausage, Egg, Soda Bread, Potato Bread etc etc etc.... Not forgetting a nice strong mug of Tea! (Yorkshire - Taylors of Harrogate - Hard water)

Hungry...................

Pritch
13-12-2003, 22:41
Personal vote goes to the burger van in the B&Q carpark in Llansamlet (Swansea).

Somewhere in the region of £2.50 - £3 gets you a bread roll (actually, it's more like a small loaf) containing four rashers of bacon, two sausages (might be four, actually), two eggs, beans, mushrooms, tomatoes, fried onions and black pudding as an optional extra.

Yum.

Ramrod
13-12-2003, 22:44
Slated?? Their sausage and egg Mcmuffins are fantastic, way better than anything on the daytime menu.Very true (and I think McDonalds are sh*t otherwise)

Shaun
13-12-2003, 23:56
Undisputed best breakfast ever is a mega taz breakfast from caths cafe in Redcar.
Is that the truth?? ;) :LOL:

Who will both soon be having a coronary event...... :D

Is it BYOB?? :drunk:

I love bacon and potato scone sandwiches YUM (home made because I don't know anywhere that make them this far south :()

Bifta
14-12-2003, 00:38
The best place on this earth for anything fried is Frankie Ramsey's cafe in William St. Derry, the added bonus is having it served by Martin McGuinness's wife who has apparently worked there for years.

homealone
14-12-2003, 01:39
Slated?? Their sausage and egg Mcmuffins are fantastic, way better than anything on the daytime menu.

I will go with you on that hm - if you can deliver, you have a sale:?:D

paulyoung666
14-12-2003, 09:57
Oh you British... How can you eat such a big breakfast? I don't eat in the morning at all. I just don't feel like eating. My first meal is around 1pm and it is mostly fruit and salads.

sorry but you cant beat a great big heart attack on a plate , sets you up for the day :tu:

Bex
14-12-2003, 13:29
sorry but you cant beat a great big heart attack on a plate , sets you up for the day :tu:
very true huni.......i don't normally eat breakfast....get up too early and dont have time to munch away before rushing out the door...but sunday's i go and see my nana with dad and then he takes me to tesco for a nice cooked breakie....ok so it isnt the best in the world, but its not bad either...:)

paulyoung666
14-12-2003, 13:31
very true huni.......i don't normally eat breakfast....get up too early and dont have time to munch away before rushing out the door...but sunday's i go and see my nana with dad and then he takes me to tesco for a nice cooked breakie....ok so it isnt the best in the world, but its not bad either...:)

i had a breakfast at tescos a while ago and it like you said isnt the best but not too bad for the price :)

Colin
14-12-2003, 13:47

4 sausages
4 bacon
3 eggs
2 black pudding
beans
mushrooms
tomatoes
2 fried bread
2 toast

please don't say that word again, you scared me for a second then :nono:

The best ones are the ones you make yourself. all that work makes col a hungry boy.

Although for my last b'day my flatmates did make me a fry up with champaign. how classy am i!!

Bex
14-12-2003, 13:59
<snip>please don't say that word again, you scared me for a second then :nono:
Although for my last b'day my flatmates did make me a fry up with champaign. how classy am i!!

i know he scared me using that word also lol

champers with a nice fry up...thats one i havent tried....lol champers would go well with salmon and scrambled eggs (another of my favs)

homealone
14-12-2003, 14:08
i know he scared me using that word also lol

champers with a nice fry up...thats one i havent tried....lol champers would go well with salmon and scrambled eggs (another of my favs)

you would like breakfast in Norway, then Bexy, they also have all kinds of cured meats & cheeses & most hotels I stayed in also had facilities for making your own pancakes - big jug of batter & a 'clamshell' hotplate. yummy.:) In fact IIRC the scrambled eggs & pancakes were the only cooked things on the menu, the rest was laid out 'cold buffet' style, just help yourself.

Gaz

Bex
14-12-2003, 14:10
you would like breakfast in Norway, then Bexy, they also have all kinds of cured meats & cheeses & most hotels I stayed in also had facilities for making your own pancakes - big jug of batter & a 'clamshell' hotplate. yummy.:) In fact IIRC the scrambled eggs & pancakes were the only cooked things on the menu, the rest was laid out 'cold buffet' style, just help yourself.

Gaz

cheers gaz....will keep that in mind when im off doing my 'round the world' experidition :)......sounds yummy

edit: strangely i dont like scrambled eggs normally, and will only eat it with salmon in....im weird i know ;):p

Lord Nikon
17-12-2003, 01:01
Norwegian breakfasts are good.... (says he who once dated a norwegian)