PDA

View Full Version : NTL Broadband Plus

NEONKNIGHT
13-12-2003, 18:26
Just signed in for the 'Free' 3 months of Broadband Plus..... what a joke! Unobtainable links all round. Complete C**P !

Mr.Moony
13-12-2003, 18:59
Any particular links or they all dont work ?

threadbare
13-12-2003, 19:34
hmmm - what are unobtainable links? a little more info would be a good idea!

and anyway what do you expect for free! :D

allanprg
13-12-2003, 20:18
I had this trouble last week. Couldn't get any of the links. Changed DNS servers and was able to get them. I've changed back to NTL DNS servers now because these are working alright with the links in Broadband +. :)

Defiant
13-12-2003, 20:20
haha the whole thing is a bloody joke

Paul
13-12-2003, 21:06
Links seem ok here atm, which ones don't work for you ?

snuffs99
13-12-2003, 22:30
as long as my firewall is inactive all links ok for me. :)

imback
13-12-2003, 22:32
I think it's a pretty good prduct for those that have had BB and don't know what to do with it. I mean don't get me wrong you can most things via p2p but some people don't know how to use it or don't like to use it.

Florence
13-12-2003, 22:55
I have to agree I have been unable to use it since I signed up for it I am planning on cancelling now before xmas so they will not start to charge for this service.

imback
13-12-2003, 22:57
The charges wont start until March if it's 3 months free trial, when they start charging you will get a mail asking you to sign up, if you don't you will be unsubscribed automatically. So no need for you to do anything :)

Florence
13-12-2003, 22:59
The charges wont start until March if it's 3 months free trial, when they start charging you will get a mail asking you to sign up, if you don't you will be unsubscribed automatically. So no need for you to do anything :)
Thanks imback I know it will take them ages to remove you from the list was only making sure I didn't have to pay. They might have cleared all teh bugs by then.

Shaun
13-12-2003, 23:03
hmmm - what are unobtainable links? a little more info would be a good idea!

and anyway what do you expect for free! :D

But it won't be soon ;)

Edit- isn't that Ntls' excuse over the interactive, and the e-mail, and the newsgroups, the list just goes on!!!! :rolleyes:

Jonathan David
14-12-2003, 19:20
Well the reason most people are not getting pages through broadband plus is because most standard firewalls stop the information that it needs to log you onto the sites.
If you have problems, rather then turn your firewall off, try to configure the refer information that your firewall lets through

th'engineer
15-12-2003, 07:21
Observation about BB plus does not like IE6 and windows ME. Likes IE6 and windows XP. You can not access the music with WME and IE6.

NEONKNIGHT
15-12-2003, 08:57
Thanks for all the replies.

The links that don't work (and this is not the Full list!!!!) are:-
'Now Playing' on the main menu.
Video TV
Download365
Music Choice
NewsPlayer
ScreenPlayer
Frost TV(!!!)
and so on.........

As some people have pointed out., its probably to do with the Norton Firewall set up on my PC that is causing the 'problems' - strange that I would have to change the settings (making my PC less secure?!?!) for BB Plus when any and all other internet sites work just fine! I just think that this service is badly set up and the tech people (whoever they are?) need to address the problem associated with Firewall's and running this service.

Cheers.

Alanmelon
15-12-2003, 09:16
Given that the content of most of these sites is provided by companies other than ntl, I'm not sure it's entirely fair to blame them. However, I have had problems acessing od2 sites (the company which runs 365) and their support man sent me the following e-mail for configuring Norton (different versions will have slightly different menus, but have a look);

"Please do the following:

Open up the NIS control panel
On the main screen, click on 'Ad Blocking' the Configure (bottom right hand button)
Uncheck the box next to 'Turn on Popup Window Blocking' and click OK
Go back to the main screen and click on Options > Web Content
Click on Add Site and type in sib1.od2.com then click OK
Then on the right of the screen, click Permit for all 5 sections
(Information about your browser, Information about visited sites, Animated
images, Scripts & Flash animation)
Then Click OK
Close browsers and open the site again

Select Privacy Control from Norton Internet Security and click on the Configure button.
Select the Windows user they are using from the drop down box
Then click on the Custom Level... button and deselect the Enable Browser Privacy option
Click on OK a couple of times. The manual warns that this option may cause web sites that use JavaScript to not work properly.

This will allow you to access the site and also enable you to download our media."

That info came from them, so if it doesn't work, don't blame me! Also, I would disable any pop up blockers you may have.