PDA

View Full Version : Lidl has FTA satellite kit

altis
27-08-2006, 21:49
...for only £59.99 available Monday 28th August. If currently you cannot get Freeview and would like to receive many free-to-air channels then this is quite a bargain. If you are interested then I suggest you get there early.

Digital Satellite Dish & Receiver Set

* Complete satellite set, consists of:
* - 57cm offset steel dish
* - Digital satellite receiver with remote control
* - Twin LNB
* - Wall bracket
* - Cable set and satellite finder
* Features include:
* - Plug & Play
* - Auto search with 4,500 programmable channels
* - MPEG-2 and DVB compatible
* - LED display
* - OSD (On-Screen-Display)
* - Radio reception
* - Software update via satellite Astra 19°
* - Child lock
* - and many more
* Coaxial, optical and S-VHS connection
* Pre-programmed satellites: Astra 19°, Astra 28°, Eutelsat 3A, Hotbird 13°, Sirius 2, Amos, Atlantic Bird 3, Hellas 39°, TÃÃâ€*’¼rksat and Hispasat
* Remote control with batteries
* SCART cable
* Size of satellite receiver (cm): 28.5 x 15.5 x 4.8
* 3 year manufacturerâââ€à …¡Ã‚¬Ã¢â€žÂ¢s warranty
* Price per set

http://www.lidl.co.uk/

For a list of free english TV channels available try:
http://www.lyngsat.com/freetv/United-Kingdom.html

Note that:
If you live north of Carlisle then you'd be better off getting the larger dish that is available for £14.99

If you want to receive from more than one satellite then you'll need a motor too (about £45 - search for Moteck on eBay). With a motor you will have literally thousands of channels to choose from - all free - no subscription, ever!

Chris
28-08-2006, 00:20
The channel listing for FTA satellite is slowly getting better, but TBH I think it's still too early to jump in. There are no C4 channels except FilmFour, and no C5 at all. The line-up is pretty much identical to Freesat From Sky (except Sky gives you 4 and 5).

I'm interested in FTA sat but I'm going to wait for BBC Freesat. I'm betting by the time they get it out, they will have got 4 and 5 on board, and hopefully e4 and more4 as well. Possibly even one or two of the UKTV channels.

I don't know what kind of EPG service is currently available on FTA satellite either. I know that BBC and ITV are working on a decent one for Freesat.

jonifen
28-08-2006, 01:30
I saw that in the newspapers today... I thought it looked rather good.

It would appear you can get S4C though (which shows a lot of the Channel 4 stuff - only changing in the evenings usually for welsh programmes and welsh news).

We used to get that through terrestrial signal in Liverpool, no chance in Rochdale though :(

RealDiamond
05-09-2006, 02:13
yep if you want all the sat freeview channels you need to add the one off £25 fee to sky for the card.... stops a limited amount of european peps from watching the channels. but not many.