PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone recommend a good taxi firm?

Mr Angry
26-08-2006, 20:59
....and does anyone know where I've left my cufflinks?

LSainsbury
26-08-2006, 21:01
Are you ******ed? :D

Mr Angry
26-08-2006, 21:05
Are you ******ed? :D

No, I'm going out to get ******ed, but not if I can't find these bloody cufflinks and a taxi firm that answers their phone before I wake up tomorrow!!

danielf
26-08-2006, 22:59
this (http://www.prezzybox.com/products/index.aspx?pid=1752) any good?

Mr Angry
27-08-2006, 02:12
How "Rock" are they!?!?

Paddy1
27-08-2006, 12:52

Mr Angry
27-08-2006, 14:35
Better late than never!

Cheers Paddy1

Fingy
27-08-2006, 14:46
No... phone them too late on and they ask silly questions like do you have an account. Well after a few wee drinkies and me informing them that yes I had a bank account thanks they didn't want to come and bring me home. :(

Graham M
27-08-2006, 15:27
It's people like you that make my job hard :rolleyes:

TheNorm
27-08-2006, 15:28
Is "job" a euphemism for something...?

Graham M
27-08-2006, 16:12
Yes, my "job" title is Taxi Despatch Operator, I have no time for people who phone up drunk and talk crap.

Hugh
27-08-2006, 16:25
[quote] Yes, my "job" title is Taxi Despatch Operator, I have no time for people who phone up drunk and talk crap. [quote]

Whilst I sympathise, after 9pm at night, they must be a very large percentage of your custom ;)

Nidge
27-08-2006, 18:10
Yes, my "job" title is Taxi Despatch Operator, I have no time for people who phone up drunk and talk crap.

After 18 years Taxi driving the drunks are your bread and butter, I used to have no problem with them, most of them were ok and they used to make you laugh. You used to be on the other end of the phone to them, we had to take them home then try and get some money out of them.

Graham M
27-08-2006, 18:29
Yeah oh how I wish I didn't have to deal with em though :p

Fingy
27-08-2006, 23:07
Okay, so I phone up for a taxi, perhaps a little drunk. Its 2am and they ask me if I have an account. Yeah because everyone phoning at that hour from the middle of town has an account? Catch a grip!

I have worked with customers both face to face and on the phone so know what it is like on the other side. But come on, a simple comment like that hardly deserves your critism. Surely you would get more flak from abusive drunks, rather than a harmless comment.

monkey2468
27-08-2006, 23:48
Taxi firm would be my parents, but i don't if they would pick you up! ;) Cufflinks, I have some simpsons cufflinks that I wore for my wedding if you can't find yours!

Druchii
27-08-2006, 23:50
People like you then, who, obvioulsy thought putting the phone down on a friend who was slightly tipsy was a good idea... He was then attacked on the way home cos he decided to walk instead.

Not a dig at you personally, don't take it as one, just consider what the other alternatives for that person could be... Not fun.

This was about 2 months ago btw.

Stuart
27-08-2006, 23:58
....and does anyone know where I've left my cufflinks?

I would love to help, but I have no idea where your cufflinks are.. Also, your house, being in Belfast is likely to be a little out of the area for my local cab firms (what with the firms being dotted around south east london).

Still, my local cab firm is brilliant.. They know that if I wander in there drunk, I need to get home, and I rarely have to explain where home is.

Graham M
28-08-2006, 00:09
People like you then, who, obvioulsy thought putting the phone down on a friend who was slightly tipsy was a good idea... He was then attacked on the way home cos he decided to walk instead.

Not a dig at you personally, don't take it as one, just consider what the other alternatives for that person could be... Not fun.

This was about 2 months ago btw.

I'm not talking about friends, I'm talking about random members of the public, usually those who have never used us before. Plus the drivers tend to get arsey when they puke in their cars and can't get the £50 fine out of em so have to take em down the nick instead.

Druchii
28-08-2006, 00:11
I'm not talking about friends, I'm talking about random members of the public, usually those who have never used us before. Plus the drivers tend to get arsey when they puke in their cars and can't get the £50 fine out of em so have to take em down the nick instead.
I suppose that's a good point, i'm just ticked off with Taxi firms lately, that's all.

And just to clarify, it was a random member of the public to the taxi firm, i meant he was a friend of mine. He's ok now btw.

danielf
28-08-2006, 00:47

Does that happen often then (both really, puking and going down the nick)?

Graham M
28-08-2006, 01:00
He's ok now btw.

That's good, sorry not being horrible but some people just take it too far with the drinking

Druchii
28-08-2006, 01:05
That's good, sorry not being horrible but some people just take it too far with the drinking
Ah, well, he could still walk, talk and act normal... So, as to why they put the phone down on him cos he was "drunk" i will never know...

Mr Angry
28-08-2006, 01:15
... perhaps a little drunk.

Aye, yer ma. Rock on!!