PDA

View Full Version : KAts installation problems chapter 2

kat2
25-08-2006, 17:32
*Update* I received a call from one of the directors at ntl and it turns out that the engineer who called around this afternoon has decided to put things on hold until hes heard from both the company that own this property and also english heritage so, no doubt my contract will probably have expired by that time. *lol* a very clever way of delaying things. I think to be honest they just dont fancy runing the cable up the driveway through the car park across the court yard to a less visual point. Oh well, mind you it didnt stop them in the past installing the cable right across the front of the building across to my neighbors!. I live in a large grade 2 listed building which several years ago was split into flats. its a very important historic building needless to say ntl had already installed to the north wing of the building, I am at the south wing and the temporary cable runs from the north wing all the way across the face of the building to the south side *lol* only tacked up in places and running along the top of hedgerows needless to say the gardeners accidentally cut the cable a few times. do, I have permission to run a cable to my flat? yes of course do english heritage know? hmm debatable but then again if the north wing has cables all over the walls then I cant see a problem with just one cable to the south wing.
the drama rolls on.
*did ntl know it was a listed building* yes, *lol* you cannot miss the fact its in five acres of land flood lit with car parks so not your average semi. Am I rich no, poor
Huggies
kat2

MovedGoalPosts
25-08-2006, 19:19
Grade II listing suggests the building isn't that important. There's Grade II* and Grade I ahead of you ;)

Still it's clearly not been installed right. You suggest that ntl are trying to get out of their obligations. Do you not beleive that if it hasn't been done correctly, and once that has been realised, somebody is going to make reasonable steps to ensure their resolution will be acceptable to all concerned?

Still it's nice to see we have a clear precise thread indicating what your concerns actually are :)

kat2
26-08-2006, 00:07
Rob, *lol* its the most important building in our area, flood lit, the only other grade above us is grade 1 and they tend to be what is termed national monuments* Everthing has to be approved here from the colours of the windows to where the trees and shrubbery are planted too!. I think the reasons why they are going to raise issues with the landlord is to try and hope hes going to put a block on it. I spoke with one of the directors whom promised to monitor the whole thing, I did tell her that I suspect they are not keen to run the cable the length they need too, it will be alot of work especially coming up the driveway and across the court yard (which he moaned about and said we cant touch flagstones), so, I suspect they want to leave the temporary connection and maybe feel that its not viable? I dont really hold out much hope considering he said it would be a month before he could get people together . I, dont know how long it will take to contact the landlord as its a huge multi national company. My feelings are it will take a long time and by that time my twelve months will be up so, I will have to evaluate things, I mean at the moment I am on a thirty metre length of cable with joints in it and the engineer didnt seem to think that things were too bad but when I said it was shoddy work and that he may as well forget it, he kept throwing excuses as to why it would be a problem to run a new cable up the driveway. I am sure they will just keep telling me now that they are having problems contacting my landlord, *lol* even though I gave my landlords personal desk phone number.
like I have said in the past you learn and I have learnt I would have thought though in all seriousness that they would have wanted to have done a proffesional installation on such an imposing building not throw cables along hedgerows and tack them from one window to another across the length of the building, but then it comes down to time I suppose.
huggies kat2, so now you know:dunce: