PDA

View Full Version : Analogue to Digital upgrades

PhilMitch34
16-08-2006, 08:27
Has anybody out there had their street/area up graded from Analogue cable to Digital cable recently???
Does anyone know what needs to be done by NTL to up grade from Analogue cable's to Digital Cable's???:rolleyes:

Marge
16-08-2006, 09:13
Needs a whole load of new cables in your area so don't be expecting anything anytime soon unfortunately :(

PhilMitch34
16-08-2006, 12:25
The thing is sooner or later the Analogue TV channels will be switched off as like some are now gone (the box for instant)

King Of Fools
16-08-2006, 13:18
I imagine that each area will be analysed to see if it makes sense on cost grounds to upgrade to digital. More populated areas may get upgraded as they can get the investment back in a few years. Less populated areas or where the cost of upgrade is too high would just get closed down, I would imagine, as the revenue lost from analogue TV would not be worth worrying about on a greater scale.

PhilMitch34
16-08-2006, 15:20
i live in a populated area (southampton east) and ten years ago cable TV was the must have (along with sky) it was cable and wirless back then. But since the digital revolution (and NTL buying cable&wirless network around here - it was even Videotron before that) NTL in my area has just not moved on.

King Of Fools
16-08-2006, 15:56
i live in a populated area (southampton east) and ten years ago cable TV was the must have (along with sky) it was cable and wirless back then. But since the digital revolution (and NTL buying cable&wirless network around here - it was even Videotron before that) NTL in my area has just not moved on. Over the last few years (since NTL bought C&W) they have been trying to get themselves out of a huge debt problem and had to liquidate in the process. During this time they have had to stop any new infrustructure investment. They are now just starting to get their head above water and can only afford to invest in areas where they are going to get a quick return.

Chris Worthy
18-08-2006, 18:39
The current rumours going around is that the East side of Southampton will have their upgrade later in the year, I have read elsewhere that it could November and December time although I am in the dark as much as the rest of you as to the exact time. It is a case of watch this space, however with the city council sprucing up roads left right and centre they may not be happy if NTL decide to dig up a pavement of a road recently improved.