PDA

View Full Version : Pleasures

greencreeper
15-08-2006, 23:54
Rough day at work. I drank a fair bit. I just emailed my boss. I am now singing along to a CD of show tunes. Expect the white van shortly. Possibly a P45 in the post. I am happy though. Alcohol is seriously under-rated for us shy folks :D

Feel free to vent about work and/or go into detail regarding the things you'd like to do to the boss. Maybe bosses could post telling us how they cope with being generally hated.

Pia
16-08-2006, 00:18
What did you say in the email, did you call him a loser:D

greencreeper
16-08-2006, 00:23
I pointed out to her that, without the prospect of promotion, a person couldn't reasonably be expected to continue working for the company, and would have no alternative but to find alternative employment. Or words to that effect.

Cobbydaler
16-08-2006, 00:27
Dead (wo)man's shoes eh?

Unless you're prepared to play office politics, there's not a lot you can do about promotion prospects...

greencreeper
16-08-2006, 00:32
In one breath I'm told that I'm performing like someone above my grade. I point out that this not due to a conscious desire but due to circumstances. I.e. I know what I'm doing. In the next breath, I'm told that to actually be that grade above me, I have to start performing like someone at my grade, and that I cannot be promoted unless I do. Higher grades are expected to spend less time on the phone and take less calls because they are doing other duties. It's a joke. If I'm doing the job, why not give me it??

danielf
16-08-2006, 00:40
Tough call. It sounds like you need to take more breaks.

greencreeper
16-08-2006, 00:42
I think I need to leave but it's difficult. Job's not all bad. Sigh.

bopdude
16-08-2006, 04:29
I think I need to leave but it's difficult. Job's not all bad. Sigh.

I know what you mean, an old song just came to mind, "did ya ever get the feeling that ya wanted to stay".............stay go stay go stay go, well you get the point, different set of circumstances for me but yep, want another job.

Re: topic title..............pleasure is in a glass atm, whisky, with water, not normal for me to mix it, ( with anything ) but have to drive in a few hours. And no, it's only a small one, just relaxing after my shift finished so I wont be drunk, over the limit, or otherwise. :D

pop80_uk
16-08-2006, 16:57
What do you do mate?
Did you say that to your boss or is it what you would like to say?

Its funny, you only realise when you enter the world of work that what you know is totally useless its who you know. which is totally wrong IMO.

greencreeper
16-08-2006, 18:42
I'm in IT Support. The boss never replied to the email and has not spoken of it. I take this as a good sign. She's been in a reasonable mood today, too.

It's the old "work to live or live to work" divide. Where I work, most people work to live, and the job is just a job - i.e. not a career. I work to live but I don't see why that means I shouldn't give a toss about the job or the customers, and not expect job satisfaction.

Wicked_and_Crazy
16-08-2006, 18:51
I'm sitting here on Okracoke island reading this and thinking hmmmm perhaps I should stay here FOREVER!!

Graham M
16-08-2006, 20:46
What you doing in NC? :)