PDA

View Full Version : How long for Phone switch

pxr5
15-08-2006, 16:34
Hi all,

I've recently signed up to NTL phone and broadband. Broadband was installed on Thu 27 Jul and the engineer said my BT line would switch over to NTL in a few days. Anyway I went on my holidays the next day only to get back on the 9th Aug to still be on BT. I immediately rang one of the sales guys who said something had gone wrong with the transfer and it hadn't been put through.

Well it's nearly a week after that now and I'm still on bloomin' BT. How long does it take to switch my number from BT to NTL.

Thanks

monkey2468
15-08-2006, 20:13
Hi all,

I've recently signed up to NTL phone and broadband. Broadband was installed on Thu 27 Jul and the engineer said my BT line would switch over to NTL in a few days. Anyway I went on my holidays the next day only to get back on the 9th Aug to still be on BT. I immediately rang one of the sales guys who said something had gone wrong with the transfer and it hadn't been put through.

Well it's nearly a week after that now and I'm still on bloomin' BT. How long does it take to switch my number from BT to NTL.

Thanks
Normally a week. (unless you still owe BT money.)

lostandconfused
15-08-2006, 23:21
to port your number, takes 10 days unless as said above you still have an outstanding balance from bt

pxr5
23-08-2006, 09:36
Thanks for the replies. Just a follow up - I got a letter yesterday telling me the switch would be today (22 Aug). So that's nearly a month, but I can forgive them the fact there was a problem with submitting the request for the switch. So I'll see what happens today then.