PDA

View Full Version : Terrorised by a gang of kids...

Pia
15-08-2006, 14:00
Arggggggghhhhhhh i'm so angry i'm shaking and everything!

I'm having problems with some people who live in my street, here's a bit of background info about it...

I moved into my house 3 and a half years ago when i was pregnant, and didn't really associate with anyone around here til about a year and a half ago, cos they are what we call chavs ;)

Anyway, there's quite a big family who all live around here, two sisters, either end of the street- with kids, and me in the middle. I got quite close to one of the sisters last year, but this year we grew apart because she moved her ex boyfriend back in with her who sells heroin and because i'm no chav and i don't like to mingle with stuff like that.

Anyway, the last few weeks, their kids have been giving me and Cameron's friends (the kids next door but one who are the only other non-chavs around here) a load of hassle.
They are calling names, which i can ignore, cos they're just kids, but obviously with Cameron being only 3 years old i have to sit out on the front while he plays on his bike etc... So, me being the only adult out in the street, if they are throwing stones at people or my house i tell them to stop- then they go running to their mother and she comes out giving a load of attitude as if i'm harrassing her kids.

Thing is, it's too much to ignore, we've tried to ignore it, but they shout, they throw stuff, they threaten their mothers onto me even when i'm not even sat there etc. If i take them into the back garden the sit in the back lane outside the fence and give hassle. If we go into the house they bang on the front door or chuck stuff at the door.

Anyway, i rang the one i used to be close to and she said nothing, only that she'd bring them in her garden to play in there, and the other one, has been down to my house to confront me, and when i told her exactly what had been going on, she said that if she found out i was lying she'd be back round "to start".

5 mins later my mam came to pick Cameron up, and my mam went crazy at this woman for starting on me, and told her that if she tried to intimidate me again she'd be back round to sort HER out.
I think my mam was right to in a way, because now they know there's someone whjo isn't scared of them, even though i stayed out of the way when my mam was doing this, so they will think i am.

My mam has always taught me never to let people like that show that you're scared of them, otherwise your life will be made hell. It's right, but now i'm worried they'll start on me when she's not there. Anyway, i won't get the police involved, because people like that will have my windows out if i did such a thing, and they're such a big dodgy family that the police don't even do anything because it's usually a waste of time.

Sorry this is so long, but all this happened about 15 mins ago and i'm angry:(

Paul K
15-08-2006, 14:08
You should really contact the police or your local borough council about it, people like that need to be dealt with properly because as long as people let them get away with it they will keep doing it. Do you not have a nuisance neighbour type number to call for your local council or a local Police number? If you allow them to continue then they will be more than happy to make your life a misery or even worse they will start picking on your kid in a more physical way.
Talk with them yourself to try and straighten it out and if necessary use your phone to take photos or videos of them if you catch them in the act, if your "mate" is happy to deal with them if you can prove they are up to it then fair enough, if not then the local council or Police should be contacted.

Pia
15-08-2006, 14:12
And all this happens after Sunday night, when i went to the nightclub with my friends and got beat up by about 10 big fat chavs grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!
Got lumps all over my head from where the main one was pulling my hair out, and bruised a bit all over, but i held my own, and i'm so not a fighter!

They started on me cos apparently i called one of them a slag:rolleyes: Yeah, cos i often walk around shouting abuse at people:rolleyes::rolleyes:

---------- Post added at 14:12 ---------- Previous post was at 14:08 ----------

You should really contact the police or your local borough council about it, people like that need to be dealt with properly because as long as people let them get away with it they will keep doing it. Do you not have a nuisance neighbour type number to call for your local council or a local Police number? If you allow them to continue then they will be more than happy to make your life a misery or even worse they will start picking on your kid in a more physical way.
I'm with Cameron every second, and if one of them even TRIED to hurt him i swear i'd end up getting arrested myself!
Talk with them yourself to try and straighten it out and if necessary use your phone to take photos or videos of them if you catch them in the act, if your "mate" is happy to deal with them if you can prove they are up to it then fair enough, if not then the local council or Police should be contacted.

I'd feel more comfortable talking to the council about the anti social behaviour, than the police, cos if i get the police involverd i'll be hoovering glass until i move out.... I would be able to talk the one i used to be friends with more, cos she's more sensible, but she's not gonna want to get involved, and if she does she'll be on suide with her sister.

It's gone further now, because there's a problem with the mother, before it was just the brats, that's what makes it more complicated, cos the silly trollop can't control her kids.

handyman
15-08-2006, 14:12
I would consider moving, I don't know how much of an option you have there.

I don't know if you know any big fellas over Darlo? I know bops local ish.

We where starting to get a bit of bother from the kids at the garden next door till I passed a message to them that I'd batter hell out of them if they did not stop. It's all quiet round here now ;)

Pia
15-08-2006, 14:15
I don't want them to win though, and i don't want to have to move out just cos of this... Plus i doubt i'd get a better house from the council so i'd have to privately rent, which would be soo much more expensive, and i've got some debts to sort out first.

You can't win with these people, there's so many of them that no matter which hard beefcakes you threaten them with, they'll get some other dodgy buggers and it would turn into a full scale gang war.

Paul K
15-08-2006, 14:24
Which council are you with?

Pia
15-08-2006, 14:35
Darlington Borough Council (http://www.darlington.gov.uk/Social+Issues/Anti+Social+Behaviour/What+is+Anti+Social+Behaviour.htm) :p:

Paul K
15-08-2006, 14:39
You have the link so I would strongly advise using it ;) The council can make it very dificult for them if they continue their behaviour, have you any neighbours you can talk to that may have witnessed the behaviour so that the council has further information and proof?

Pia
15-08-2006, 14:51
A few other people know what they are like, and that it's been going on, but nobody will get involved because like i say, it's a big family and they can make life very uncomfortable for people who live on the estate.

Paul K
15-08-2006, 15:03
The thing here is that no-one is doing anything to stop it, if they took a stand then the odds are that the council would move them. If the family in question upped the ante and started getting more physical or started vandalising property then the council would have to act and so would the Police. By standing by and not saying anything the other neighbours are giving the trouble makers carte-blanche.

Aragorn
15-08-2006, 15:21
Reading this makes my blood boil. :( :mad:

What right have these morons got to upset your life? Just because they can't bring up their own brats with any respect (probably started a generation back, I suppose!).

You are right in not wanting them to 'win', but (I'm not an expert on this) I suspect the only way you will get a quiet life back is to move to another area - hopefully without having to rent privately. You've already said you can't ignore it and I doubt 'fighting back' would do much good (probably make things worse). The council might be able to deal with them but I guess only getting rid of both sisters would make things better.

I would suggest either having a talk to the council in confidence or maybe the local CAB.

grandmaster
15-08-2006, 15:29
CCTV is cheap enough these days.
I would try and place one out of site (upstairs window?)

You then have your evidence to take futher action.

How about an anonymous call to the drugs hotline!!

Pia
15-08-2006, 15:50
LOL, i wouldn't dare get them raided for the drugs after all this:D I'm hoping they will get caught oneday, they don't keep the heroin in the house but they sell cannabis and that's kept in there, they always seem to know in advance though when they are getting a visit from the police.:shrug:

I guess i'll have to wait and see if my mam's scaryness has done the trick, if not then it will have to be the council...
All the brats are sat on my front right now- why do they have to sit directly in front of my house??? Annoys me so much.

Paul K
15-08-2006, 15:52
Which is why they do it ;)

etccarmageddon
15-08-2006, 17:17
speak to Russ - I think he does assasinations for a small charge?

Pia
15-08-2006, 17:20
Funny you should say that, he's coming to visit me soon... I'll make sure he brings his weapon of choice;):D

EDIT>> :disturbd: I meant for the assasination:shocked:

TheDaddy
15-08-2006, 17:23
Funny you should say that, he's coming to visit me soon... I'll make sure he brings his weapon of choice;):D

Weapon of choice, the mind boggles :disturbd: ;)

---------- Post added at 17:23 ---------- Previous post was at 17:22 ----------

Swift bit of editing there

Pia
15-08-2006, 17:24
I know, i read it after i posted and saw how it might be misread:disturbd:

ADd
15-08-2006, 17:25
If you can't get a video camera, how about keeping a diary of the events and times things occur. I would definately contact the council if you feel unsafe, especially after being set upon in town. Explain to the council how delicate the situation is, and how you are concerned about you and your families safety. They may be able to provide you with alternative accomodation, or at least it brings the problem to their attention.

They may already know of the problems associated with the family, but if you can provide evidence of their behaviour - even a audio recording of the abuse they are giving you, they shouldn't be able to do nothing.

If you ignore this behaviour they will just carry on, I guess it all depends upon how 'dodgy' these lot are, but I would take some positive action - just ensure the council are aware of how compromised you would be if they wade in with 'big boots'.

TheDaddy
15-08-2006, 17:29
Keeping a diary is a good idea, you might also want to ask your neighbours to do the same and also if any of them are getting agro, get them to complain to the council to.

ADd
15-08-2006, 17:33
Yeah, if you get together as a street, or a few houses there's the old safety in numbers. The problem might be how much you trust them not to tell the 'dodgy' family of your actions. Could back-fire, or could create a positive outcome - you'll have to use your judgement (spot the paranoid one :dozey: )

Escapee
15-08-2006, 18:19
I don't want them to win though, and i don't want to have to move out just cos of this... Plus i doubt i'd get a better house from the council so i'd have to privately rent, which would be soo much more expensive, and i've got some debts to sort out first.

You can't win with these people, there's so many of them that no matter which hard beefcakes you threaten them with, they'll get some other dodgy buggers and it would turn into a full scale gang war.

You are right about them ganging up if you get someone heavy onto them, we had a problem many years ago with a large family living in 3 houses in the street. (4 brothers in total) They were always getting drunk, fighting and looking for trouble, when one started on my father he flattened him and I took care of one of the other brothers.

They then decided that it would be good for 5 of their family to wait and have a go at the 2 of us, unfortunately they didn't realise my father was from a family of eleven, and it took no more than three phone calls and less than an hour for there to be around 20 male adults, his brothers and some of my cousins at our house looking forward to some fun. the fun never even started because someone phoned the police. (possibly the other family)

It was a picture to see two coppers coming into our crowded living room taking everyones name, with the majority all having the same surname.

This family was regarded as the toughest in the street in those days, I have never had a single problem with them since that day. If any of the brothers pass me they always say hello. The police are a waste of time in these cases, because they will only show the slightest interest if and when someone gets seriously hurt.

I have always stood up for myself, sure on occassions I have been afraid. I find that standing up for yourself on the odd occassion jogs peoples memories that you will not take s**t from anyone.

I caught one of the kids from another rough family in my garden a few weeks ago, I have built a 6ft fence around to keep **** out. I just went up behind th little sawn off savage, grabbed him and threw him from off the fence as far as I could into my property.

He started crying and said he was going to send his dad over, I told him in front of all the kids in the street that I was looking forward to it. Its been about three weeks and there is no sign of him, I doubt if he has managed to drag himself from the pub yet. I have found that kids are far worse than adults because they play on the idea that you cannot lay a finger on them, very often its a case of dealing with their parents head on and teaching them a lesson to pass on.

greencreeper
15-08-2006, 18:56
I would just move. I tried to stick it out - spent a year living in fear. In the end, I was heading for a long stay at the funny farm, and I had to leave. Much happier now.

Pia
15-08-2006, 23:11
The safety in numbers thing- won't work, nobody around here wants the hassle of falling out with them!

Escapee, your post cheered me up, i love it when the chavs think they can get their dad/uncle/postman round to sort you out and it doesn't happen:D

When i get hassle i prefer to go round and see their mothers, if they say "i'm gonna get my mam round to have a go at you" I just say, " Oh really?? I tell you what, i'll save her the journey i'll go see her myself" Funny how they never answer the door though:shrug:

Greencreeper, i'm not gonna move cos of all this, i'm not someone who runs away from trouble, i much prefer to face it head on and get the air cleared.
I do want to move though, in the near future, but only because i'm scared of my little lad associating with kids like that- and although i know he'll never turn out like them, i don't want him to feel he has to fit in with people like that.
So i'm going to get my name down on the Housing Association list, and try get a place near where my mam lives, that's a much nicer area. It will take a couple of years to get one, but i'm prepared to wait for a nicer house in a nicer area.

timewarrior2001
15-08-2006, 23:23
Arggggggghhhhhhh i'm so angry i'm shaking and everything!

I'm having problems with some people who live in my street, here's a bit of background info about it...

I moved into my house 3 and a half years ago when i was pregnant, and didn't really associate with anyone around here til about a year and a half ago, cos they are what we call chavs ;)

Anyway, there's quite a big family who all live around here, two sisters, either end of the street- with kids, and me in the middle. I got quite close to one of the sisters last year, but this year we grew apart because she moved her ex boyfriend back in with her who sells heroin and because i'm no chav and i don't like to mingle with stuff like that.

Anyway, the last few weeks, their kids have been giving me and Cameron's friends (the kids next door but one who are the only other non-chavs around here) a load of hassle.
They are calling names, which i can ignore, cos they're just kids, but obviously with Cameron being only 3 years old i have to sit out on the front while he plays on his bike etc... So, me being the only adult out in the street, if they are throwing stones at people or my house i tell them to stop- then they go running to their mother and she comes out giving a load of attitude as if i'm harrassing her kids.

Thing is, it's too much to ignore, we've tried to ignore it, but they shout, they throw stuff, they threaten their mothers onto me even when i'm not even sat there etc. If i take them into the back garden the sit in the back lane outside the fence and give hassle. If we go into the house they bang on the front door or chuck stuff at the door.

Anyway, i rang the one i used to be close to and she said nothing, only that she'd bring them in her garden to play in there, and the other one, has been down to my house to confront me, and when i told her exactly what had been going on, she said that if she found out i was lying she'd be back round "to start".

5 mins later my mam came to pick Cameron up, and my mam went crazy at this woman for starting on me, and told her that if she tried to intimidate me again she'd be back round to sort HER out.
I think my mam was right to in a way, because now they know there's someone whjo isn't scared of them, even though i stayed out of the way when my mam was doing this, so they will think i am.

My mam has always taught me never to let people like that show that you're scared of them, otherwise your life will be made hell. It's right, but now i'm worried they'll start on me when she's not there. Anyway, i won't get the police involved, because people like that will have my windows out if i did such a thing, and they're such a big dodgy family that the police don't even do anything because it's usually a waste of time.

Sorry this is so long, but all this happened about 15 mins ago and i'm angry:(

Want me to pay a visit Pia? I dont mind causing havock and I aint afraid of trouble.
I've dealt with all ranges form kids, (swift clip round the head) to Teenagers that I kicked all the way down the street for trying to punch me mam. to adults that managed to smash a urinal off the wall using his head with my hand attatched....I swear I hardly touched him. I could always go see my friends in Boro....but then it WOULD get messy.

Pia
16-08-2006, 00:06
Lol:D Don't worry TW, if they start again i'll give you a nudge;) :D

nffc
16-08-2006, 00:07
All chavvy kids should be round up and shot. Just don't let them get to you, try not to respond and they'll find someone else to prat around with.

If it is really bad you should consider getting the police involved.

nopcode
16-08-2006, 01:16
I feel for you .
This sort of thing is way too common today, seen alot of it and had similar experiences. In the end the only solution was to work hard save up and move away.

Please do notify the council/police, they like to throw asbos around these days, and if the problem kids are young then it will all fall on their parents heads.

Theres also the fact that the summer hols end very soon, and the weather will get even worse, nothing like a rainy day to clear the crap off the streets.

be strong.

pop80_uk
16-08-2006, 16:48
Thats terrible Pia, sounds like you have real trouble.
As well as the other recommendations for you to take, could I also offer some advice. Id say if you can ignore them, let them throw stones for a few days, let them swear and sit on your fence and as soon as they see its not annoying you they will move onto the next person (I know this is not right but its how they operate). Hopefully this will work, although I apprecaite it is hard when you have a young one in the house.

It really annoys me this does as id imagine this family is the sort who do not work, claim every benifit going, commit crime, and generally cost the tax payer an awful lot of money. In return for their contribution to society they believe they own the world (in this case your street)

I do really feel for you, I hope it gets better.

Pia
16-08-2006, 23:35
Thanks guys, i really appreciate that you all understand where i'm coming from with this.

I went back to work today after my week off, so i haven't been around much for any crap to start, but i got the stoniest glare from the mouthy sister today, though i glared back, and she sniggered (so mature:rolleyes:). I just tutted at her, she will have heard me, but i don't care, she's doing her best to intimidate me and i'm not letting her think it. Though i won't say anything (unless she confronts me) - if she wants to play silly games where she thinks i'm gonna be scared of her then she's wasting her time. I couldn't give a monkeys if she wants to come and kick ten tonnes of crap out of me, as long as Cameron isn't there.... i can take a beating off absolutely anyone, i'd rather do that than let them think i'm scared of them.

AndrewJ
17-08-2006, 01:10
Thanks guys, i really appreciate that you all understand where i'm coming from with this.

I went back to work today after my week off, so i haven't been around much for any crap to start, but i got the stoniest glare from the mouthy sister today, though i glared back, and she sniggered (so mature:rolleyes:). I just tutted at her, she will have heard me, but i don't care, she's doing her best to intimidate me and i'm not letting her think it. Though i won't say anything (unless she confronts me) - if she wants to play silly games where she thinks i'm gonna be scared of her then she's wasting her time. I couldn't give a monkeys if she wants to come and kick ten tonnes of crap out of me, as long as Cameron isn't there.... i can take a beating off absolutely anyone, i'd rather do that than let them think i'm scared of them.

It is a shame though that you have to live like that :(

Pia
22-08-2006, 00:00
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr the silly stupid excuse for a human being has been slagging me off in the street and glaring at me. I swear i soo wish i could get so angry and worked up enough to want to go and slam one right in her nose.

Apparently she is "this close to slapping Pia". Bring it on, silly tart, even if i get a good hiding it'll be worth it just to stop the 'is she, isn't she' that's doing my head in.

Sorry, i'm just so anygry. I'm perfectly fine at expressing anger in text but i just can't physically get raged enough to go and confront someone without shaking in my boots lol.:D

She's been in the street teling people apparently i'm the biggest slapper around here etc..:rolleyes: What a muppet, she must have forgot that last year i had to console her brat kids cos they had been up all night because when their mother got in from the nightclub with some random bloke "banging in the bedroom". Her kids were about 6 and 7 years old by the way.

I HATE HER.:mad:

homealone
22-08-2006, 01:07
the opposite of love, is not hate, it is indifference - ignore her, Pia - 'it riles them to believe you perceive the webs they weave'

grandmaster
22-08-2006, 08:34
<snip> she must have forgot that last year i had to console her brat kids cos they had been up all night because when their mother got in from the nightclub with some random bloke "banging in the bedroom" </snip>

Sounds like a quality girl whats her phone number lol

Pia
22-08-2006, 19:39
the opposite of love, is not hate, it is indifference - ignore her, Pia - 'it riles them to believe you perceive the webs they weave'Oooh that's pretty deep, true though:tu::)
Sounds like a quality girl whats her phone number lol
Oh she's a treat alright, just phone the local clap clinic, she's likely to be down there most days. Nah actually, only a decent person would actually get checked out & treated.

fireman328
22-08-2006, 20:39
Not that I would ever condone any action like this but when I lived in Manchester I did hear a story of a packet of ZIP firelighters being posted in someones letter box late at night with a gift tag attached, the gift tag read....NEXT TIME THEY WILL BE LIT !

Hugh
22-08-2006, 21:49
Not that I would ever condone any action like this but when I lived in Manchester I did hear a story of a packet of ZIP firelighters being posted in someones letter box late at night with a gift tag attached, the gift tag read....NEXT TIME THEY WILL BE LIT !

Whilst I understand the sentiment, by the sound of the she-hag at the end of the road, the NEXT TIME would probably be through Pia's door - so best not, eh?

Chimaera
22-08-2006, 21:58
I'd just totally ignore her - don't even look at her or her kids in the street. Bullies soon give up and find another victim once they stop getting a reaction. Keeping a diary (I think someone has already suggested) is also a good idea - if things do escalate, you have the evidence to hand.
Good luck Pia! :)

lauzjp
25-08-2006, 05:35
hi Pia - councils love giving out anti-social behaviour diaries, I suggest you ask for a few. detail as much as you can from the past few weeks, and hand them back in (to your local housing department - ask for an appointment to see the housing estate manager). find the number of your local police station and ask their advice also. ask to meet the community safety or beat officer, at the police station, else it will look a bit sus when they turn up at your home! good luck.

DrK
25-08-2006, 07:58
My sister in law had some trouble with a gang of kids, scratching cars, shouting abuse at old ladys, drinking all hours..

My other sister whos like a old fashioned battle axe (remember how your grannys were) she drove down there to pick her sister up, saw kids inside her sisters car, she shouted at them they all fronted up to her, she rammed them (yes with car!) took 2 out, both out cold on road, she then shouted out the window "whos F**king next" been no trouble around that area since...

but i blame the parents or parent, because they dont jump on problems at young enough ages... for most its far too much dealing with a problem... they would rather carry on watching Trisha whilst smoking 20 Royals!

Pia
28-08-2006, 03:46
Arggggghhhhh........

OKAY, i've just got in from my monthly night out that i have on the last Sunday of the month with my work friends, at the nightclub.

When me and my friends were leaving my house i saw the silly stupid horrible smarmy cocky cow in the street. I ignored her, but of course, because i wasn't on my own she didn't say anything to me, though she was making sure her voice was heard.

Anyway, while i was in the nightclub later on, i got a phonecall on my mobile from a "Mrs Stephenson from Social Services"

She was saying that i had been reported for leaving my 3 year old son in the house alone whilst i was out clubbing. I said, well actually he's at my mother's house, go check if you like....

She threatened that she was going to come to my address in 5 minutes time with police accompaniment (sp?(drunk) :disturbd:)

I told her she was more than welcome to do this, though i didn't believe that Social Services would telephone me beforehand to warn me if that was really the case, and she said my attitude said it all.
During the conversation the fake social worker slipped up and sounded a bit chav like, so in the end i said something along the lines of "well, i don't mean to be rude but i think you are talking a load of crap and i suggest you stop calling me, threatening me, before i get YOU reported".

I didn't get any more calls after that, but i just KNOW that the silly £%^$% $%^$%%*(( down the road has something to do with this, and she has crossed the line soooooo far this time.

I've had a lot to drink right now and i feel like going to knock her out of bed and kicking the living daylights out of her. How DARE she bring my son into this????

I swear i want to KILL her,and this is me who was complaining not so long back that i wish i could get angry enough to stand up to her.:omg::upyours::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

timewarrior2001
28-08-2006, 08:41
go to a phone box, phone the police and report the house as having drugs in it.
Say you also believe there are stolen goods in there.

If drugs are found in the house, the council must board the house up and prevent it from being entered....new "crackden" laws

Then what you do, while you have plenty of witnesses, especially one of them to know you werent there, is get somene to trash their garden/car.

claim anti social behaviour, get them another ASBO, and if all else fails, get in touch, I'll sort it.

All I need is a name and an address.

Also get a can of spray paint and start spraying ****** is a grass around the area.

Pia
01-09-2006, 00:24
Timewarrior, i'm not gonna grass them up for stuff, as tempting as it is it's not something i would consider.

Yesterday i seen The Hag in the street again, sha glared right at me.

Except this time, i didn't look away, or run into the house, i stood and glared back. She said "What you staring at?" I was just like err well you're looking at me what's your problem.
I could tell she was suprised i answered back. She also said, "oh you think you're funny don't you? Don't worry you'll get what's coming to you"
To which i replied, "yeah you will aswell, just you"

Anyway, it might come across i'm being just as petty, but i noticed The Hag didn't actually stop walking at any point to confront me properly. She'll just stand at the bottom of the street and glare, with her aged haggered ugly face, clearly jealous because i don't look 40 years older than i am:rofl:

I was quite impressed with myself actually, for answering her back, i'm not having her thinking i am scared, because if i give her that she really will get over-cocky.

When will it all end??
Probably when one of us gets a good beating that's when. I feel more confident now though that she won't come and batter me lol, because she truly is all mouth, hiding behind fake social services phone calls, never actually revealing it's her.

Just thought i'd keep this thread going, it's useful to keep adding to because it will act as a diary for if i ever need to go through everything that's gone on when i go to prison for stabbing the bitch.

(last bit is a joke- kind of:disturbd:)

Maggy
01-09-2006, 01:16
Can I hold your coat? ;)

Come on Pia,you are better than this.You don't need to drop to her level.Ignore the bi err female dog and concentrate on your own affairs.You are a lady and never forget it.If you ignore the situation she will give up eventually.If she doesn't and you continue to behave with dignity she is going to look the embittered obsessive fool and will be the laughing stock of the neighbourhood.Whereas if you square up to her the situation may get out of hand...

Well that's my sixpence worth. :hugs:

AndrewJ
01-09-2006, 01:49
We have had it with neighbours two doors down Pia, as you know.

We contacted the police who have sent a anti harrasment person up who has given us notes to fill out per incident.

Since there has been three times they have chucked stuff at the door a few days back they was paid a "visit" by a member of the squad with one of those community officers I think they was.

Funny today they left her alone and seemed alot more civlised, something due to fact they have had their three warnings now I wonder.

Pia
01-09-2006, 11:17
I am gonna have to try and ignore it, though i can't do that when she's in my face, i'm fiesty too ;)

I think once she realises she isn't getting to me she'll give up. But if i come across intimidated then she won't, that's why i've got to give her a bit back.
I think if i did go and square up to her she'd crap herself, since bullies never expect it.
Glad things are getting better for you Felinix, but it's gonna take more than this for me to get any authorities involved, cos if i do that she'll only get other people to do her dirty work- 100 times worse aswell.
These people know smackheads that would stab a granny for 20 quid.

Hugh
01-09-2006, 11:21
... snip ... These people know smackheads that would stab a granny for 20 quid.

I was born in Govan, Glasgow - there are grannies there who would stab a smackhead for £20!

4_fox_ache
01-09-2006, 22:19
You should contact your local council who have excellent guidelines in these circumstances.

Don't be intimidated by this person, remember good will always prevail over bad.

Gotta love Tony Blair, today his first day back after a hioliday has vowed to get rid of these vermin in future.

Loved it when he said we can identify these thugs before they are born! Lol.:D

Pia
01-09-2006, 23:23
You should contact your local council who have excellent guidelines in these circumstances.

Don't be intimidated by this person, remember good will always prevail over bad.

Gotta love Tony Blair, today his first day back after a hioliday has vowed to get rid of these vermin in future.

Loved it when he said we can identify these thugs before they are born! Lol.:D
Hiya:D :welcome: to CF!

I liked that too, very apt in my (and millions others') circumstances.

I'll be ringing the council if i get anymore hassle, she might well back off now that i've answered back.

4_fox_ache
08-09-2006, 22:32
Any news?

No thought not!

Bullys always poo thier keks when you confront them.

Sad sacks.

Pia
09-09-2006, 13:19
Any news?

No thought not!

Bullys always poo thier keks when you confront them.

Sad sacks.
lol:D

Nope not heard anything from it, though i haven't seen her. Only in the supermarket but i pretended i hadn't seen it, i think she was doing the same too.
She was on her own with the latest brat though, so chances are she wouldn't have said anything anyway. Woulda been fun to see her get barred out of the shop though muahahahaha:rofl:

Jules
09-09-2006, 16:51
I am glad things have quietened down for you I will keep my fingers crossed that this is the end of it.

Pia
24-09-2006, 00:31
:sniper::grind::mad:

OH MY GOD that cretin is the ugliest, most disgusting vile creature i have EVER met in my entire life.

I'm sooooooooooo sick of this, i haven't been in touch with the council, i haven't been home that much, or shuold i say i haven't been out in the street much, so it was a bit better for a couple of weeks.

NOW though, the kids are getting cockier and cockier and that stupid bitch is getting more and more evil.

I want to knock her teeth out, http://bestsmileys.com/violent/19.gif which shouldn't be too hard since she's a mucky old hag who probably doesn't own a toothbrush.

It's all kicked off again today, and the kids were harrassing me again, so yet again i brought my boy into the back garden to play. And yet again the brats lingered outside the back fence.
They were shouting stuff to me, saying their mam wants the trainers back she gave me to sell for her on eBay.
When i was close to the sister i helped her clear out a cupboard in her house one day, and she had some baby stuff, like trainers that i said i could sell on eBay for a couple of quid. She said she was just chucking it out so i could have it...

Anyway that BRATS today kept coming back, and i said "Go and tell your mother to come and ask me herself". Did she come?? No of course not, they're happy to have a bunch of 8 years olds doing their dirty work.
All sounds very trivial doesn't it. But this is my own back garden, and everytime i open a door or window all i get is abuse from a load of snotty nosed stinking brats whose mothers are sat in the house on their anorexic amphetamine diet cocaine snorting cannabis selling chain smoking backsides letting their brats run riot round the street.:mad::mad::mad:

I want to move. And now, like right now.

I want a house in a nice area, with nice people, with a nice school that won't mean he has to even go to school with them.
I saw a house today for £450 a month, that's soo expensive compared to what i'm paying now, and i'm worried i won't get help with my rent if i go private, i've been told the council don't pay as much.
As i stand at the moment, i managed to get loads of housing benefit, meaning i only have to pay 20 a week, and the council pay about 33.

If i were to move in a house like the one i saw, which is about the right price for a better area, then that's a big step from 20 quid a week to 110, i couldn't do it. Not to mention water rates that i don't pay for now.

I don't know what to do, it's a dilemma, and i won't settle for second best, because i won't let them push me out of where i am to not improve my standard of living, it has to be for better, not for worse or they've won.
But i don't have a lot of money, and i'm scared the council won't help me. All the council estates are worse than where i am now, so that's why i'm thinking private rented is a better option:(

I am going to phone the council on Monday and get the ball rolling. I HAVE to be out of heer before Christmas or i'll end up going to prison for stabbing her, or in a hospital bed for getting stabbed.

Druchii
24-09-2006, 01:15
That sad thing is Pia, the kids think it's a game, i used to think the same when i was 12/13, but where i lived we played knock-a-door run, we didn't dare give them any hassle, and if they caught us, we'd apologise, and not knock on that door again for a few days.
Now days, it's totally different, it's still a game to them, but they don't seem to stop with it. The parentsdon't put a stop to it, and when they are as bad as the ones you're dealing with there's not much that can be done.

However, the housing association do tend to help if there's one in active operation in the area you plan to move into. I may ask my mum why we only pay £15 a week for this house, that should yeaild a few answers as she too is a single parent. Albeit raising an absolute angel (moi) and a little hell spawn (my sister).

Funnily though, around here it's got to the point where residents are pretty ready to hospitalise some of the kids, everyone agrees with it, and some have started fighting back on terms they understand. I know someones windows (the people who live there, mother and son both mouth off to everyone and think they have the right to control the streets around them) that have been put through 3 times in the past week. This was done by people who are sick of them. We have registered gun owners etc around here who'd love to open fire. One of them already has, when some of the troublecausers were walking down the back alleys. Straight through the gap in the fence and hit their side. Perfectly fine because he was target shooting in his rear garden.

Anyway, the conclusion to my post is, don't worry aboutt he council not helping, they should do. Research it as much as possible, find out what you're entitled to, and take it. Isn't there some form of allowance for lone parents?

Good luck Pia, we're all rooting for you here. x

lauzjp
24-09-2006, 08:12
Hi Pia, I'm really sorry to hear that things are getting bad again. :(

I suggest you look on your local councils' website or go into a housing office - ask about the HOMESWAP register. http://www.homes.org.uk/ You need to register with them and it takes a couple of days - you can swap with any other housing association or council tenant in the UK. It's just a bugger trying to find someone to swap with! Other than that of course, your local council will have their own transfer register. You may be able to find somewhere far enough away from where you are now... but you never know if you are swapping with someone who's in an even worse neighbourhood than you?!

Other than that- you need to keep a diary. If you've got time, have a read through this - http://www.luton.gov.uk/Media%20Library/Pdf/Housing%20&%20social%20services/Freedom%20of%20Information%20Documents%20Store/Housing/self%20help%20guide%20-%20completed%2004.rtf Diary sheet should detail - date, time incident started, what the incident was, who was involved, where did it happen, who witnessed it, what time did the incident stop, and how did it make you feel (detail)...

gooner4life
24-09-2006, 08:35
Pia,

You wont be able to privately rent in these circumstances because you havent logged calls with the police and written/called the council countless times, unfortunately whilst you and me know that it would make matters worse the authorities need everything documented before acting.

If you had everything documented and reported to the relevant authorities then you would have had a case to privately rent and claim housing benefit to pay the majority of the costs because you could claim the council havent moved you within a sufficient time frame.

Good luck though hope things work out.

LSainsbury
24-09-2006, 10:28
Pia - next time, just call the police....they shoud sort it - and next time it happens call the police again - and the next time call them again - the kids will soon get the message. In the mean time - council and CAB...

...and if you could get some video evidence.... ;-)

Pia
28-09-2006, 20:59
Just an update on my situation.....

I've spoken to the Anti Social Behaviour team at the council, and they passed on my brief rundown to someone else who is going to ring me tomorrow.
The first one i spoke to said, 'so what do you want us to do'. I told her straight off, i want moving- and fast, because it's not going to get better.
So i'll just have to see what issaid tomorrow after i've tried the waterworks etc...

Pia,

You wont be able to privately rent in these circumstances because you havent logged calls with the police and written/called the council countless times, unfortunately whilst you and me know that it would make matters worse the authorities need everything documented before acting.

If you had everything documented and reported to the relevant authorities then you would have had a case to privately rent and claim housing benefit to pay the majority of the costs because you could claim the council havent moved you within a sufficient time frame.

Good luck though hope things work out.

That's not quite right, i had a routine visit from the Housing Benefits people the other day and i was asking her about it.

She said i can move where i want and get benefit as long as it's a two bedroom house.

She said with private renting a property, they first decide how much they think the house is worth, as opposed to how much the landlord is charging, since some are way overpriced.
Then they start assessing the benefit from there, as usual, based on my income etc...

She said i can also fill in a Pre-Tenancy Determination form before i sign any agreement with a landlord, to be sure of how much housing benefit i will get.
I can dothis as many times as necessary before i find the rightplace that i want to be in, and can afford!

Jules
28-09-2006, 21:01
Go for it Pia the sooner you get yourself and your little lad away from there the better

Hugh
28-09-2006, 21:45
Pia

are there any housing associations near where you live?

My daughter (from my first marriage), her partner, and their new daughter live in a housing association terraced house - they moved from one in a really rough area to one in a nicer area, and it is very (imho) reasonable - about £250 pm for a two bedroomed terrace house.

Just a thought - HIH

Pia
28-09-2006, 22:08
Pia

are there any housing associations near where you live?

My daughter (from my first marriage), her partner, and their new daughter live in a housing association terraced house - they moved from one in a really rough area to one in a nicer area, and it is very (imho) reasonable - about £250 pm for a two bedroomed terrace house.

Just a thought - HIH

Yeah we have North British housing, my mam has a house with them.
They opnly have 3 bedroomed houses though or 2 bedroom flats, and at the risk of sounding snobby i don't want to live in flats after having a nice sized house:(

lauzjp
29-09-2006, 09:19
Pia - you can always get a flat and then change to something else when it becomes available - just to get away from your awful situation...

Pia
29-09-2006, 09:27
The anti social team rang me back just now, and a lot of use they were:rolleyes:

She said if they are threatening me with violence then i have to ring the police. I said yeah well they sell drugs so i really will get murdered if i get the police involved. I said they are being Anti-Socia', that's why i'm reporting it to you...
She said that because the people i'm having problems with are council too then i'd have to phone the housing manager about it....
Seems strange to me.

AndrewJ
29-09-2006, 09:41
Strange,

We sorted out our problems with the neighbours maturely with their parents while the kids was at school.

Now we have no problems. We just invited them over for a brew and to see the dog's and the problem was solved without a massive row.

And I had no editing of Faceparty to do either ;)

Pia
29-09-2006, 10:10
We sorted out our problems with the neighbours maturely with their parents while the kids was at school.

Key word there andrew, something the slapper can't do, anyway i'd ending up smacking her or something if i was that close to her.

LSainsbury
29-09-2006, 11:20
Key word there andrew, something the slapper can't do, anyway i'd ending up smacking her or something if i was that close to her.

Don't bring yourself down to their level Pia!!

Anyway - why should you be driven out just becuase of this bunch of numpties.

As I sad - call the police if you get any hassle....if if they give you more agro after - call the police again - they will soon get tired of playing games...

Edit - Are we allowed to use numpties on here, seeing and p****ys and G***sy are banned!! :Yikes:

lauzjp
29-09-2006, 12:29
Unfortunately Pia, you may just have to wait it out until a vacancy for a property in a different area comes up (like I am..) I am just 'getting on' with my life - I'm closing my eyes and ears to everyone else around me.

When you go out, can you arrange to go out with someone else so that you're not on your own? Either that or you are going to have to be brave and just phone the police if they remotely even start on you.

Apply to go on the waiting list of all the housing associations you can find!

lauzjp
29-09-2006, 15:33
http://www.housingcorp.gov.uk/server/show/nav.00100h00a list of housing associations. hope its useful. if i post it here, it'll remind me that i need to get busy applying too! :rolleyes:

Pia
22-10-2006, 23:07
Hi everyone, just thought i'd update again to keep track lol.

The kids have been starting up again, even though i've seen nothing of the unfit mothers. The kids have been shouting stuff at me like, 'go get some slimming pills you fat slag' and that sort of thing, following me down to the supermarket and everything, and i'm so sick of it.

Anyway, tonight i flipped out, i've got a brokenish nose, a black eye, lumps and bumps and bruises all over me, and i'm so tired aswell as having been at work all day.
...And what do i come home to?? Stupid evil brats banging on my door, shouting things through the window, looking through the window when i had my lights on.

I'm sooo angry, it's got to the point now where my 3 year old son is too scared to go upstairs by himself because he thinks they are going to get him cos they are banging on the windows so loud.
I rang the police, i couldn't take anymore of it. They have just been out and they were soooo nice, but i burst into tears and i was telling them about my boy being scared and how he had to go back into nappies because he can hear them when he's on the toilet and it worries him so much.

I also told them, not in a planned way they were just so friendly, about the massive scale of drugs that goes on and how much i know about it and how they are worried because i know all this.
The police said they won't go and confront them until they have something concrete to go on where they can definitely get something out of it for both me and the police.
Sounds like a plan to me...
They also said to phone the police for an incident number everytime they so much as say one wrong word to me and have a list of them to go to the council with so they will move me pronto.

Sorry for the rant but everything is getting on top of me now and i feel like i'm battling with the world- it helps in a strangely massive way to get my feelings out in text on here. It's just come to a sudden realisation that i'm not doing my job as a parent and providing the security that my little boy deserves and that is the worst feeling in the world.
Thanks for reading by the way:):)

SnoopZ
22-10-2006, 23:17
:(

So sorry to hear Pia. I hope those *******s get whats coming to them eventually and you get moved to a better area.

UncleBooBoo
22-10-2006, 23:21
Hi Pia, Sorry to hear or should I say read about your problem! :mad:

I hope things sort themselves out and you should start doing what the police have said, report every incident and don't forget to keep a diary of these events as it will help the council when the time comes.

The only problem is this type of thing can go on for months, I would put up a camera or something to try and record them if they enter your property as this will be hard evidence however do not record anything beyond your home.

To be honest it does not help when we as parents are told we are not allowed to smack our children anymore etc... after all it does not take long for a child to realise they can do what they want and all they get at best is a mouthful. No wonder we have these YOBS walking the street!

Personally if anyone walked up to my door like that and banged on my window screaming and shouting and I was worried for the safety of my children and wife I would walk out the front door with a baseball bat and one of us will be leaving in a body bag!

Russ
22-10-2006, 23:29
I say we send the Cable Forum bovver boys round to Pia's house to sort the little chavs out :D

Pia
22-10-2006, 23:29
Personally if anyone walked up to my door like that and banged on my window screaming and shouting and I was worried for the safety of my children and wife I would walk out the front door with a baseball bat and one of us will be leaving in a body bag!
Ooooh belive me, i've got a massive solid metal crowbar in the cupboard and i've thought about introducing it to their faces many a time... :erm:

UncleBooBoo
22-10-2006, 23:40
Saying that swansea is a right dump now, and it's getting worse!

Nothing but teens hanging out on street corners, drunks and drug addicts walking the town centre. no wonder swansea's town centre is fading away!

Wish I had never moved here now myself!

I guess I should be thankfull where I live is ok, apart from the five year olds running up and down the street screaming and shouting every day as they play there is no problem.

Cobbydaler
22-10-2006, 23:48
Anyway, tonight i flipped out, i've got a brokenish nose, a black eye, lumps and bumps and bruises all over me, and i'm so tired aswell as having been at work all day.
<snip>
The police said they won't go and confront them until they have something concrete to go on where they can definitely get something out of it for both me and the police.

If you've got those physical signs & you can tell them who did it WTF don't they have anything concrete to go on?

Keep your chin up Pia... :hugs:

Pia
22-10-2006, 23:51
If you've got those physical signs & you can tell them who did it WTF don't they have anything concrete to go on?

Keep your chin up Pia... :hugs:
Noo that was a separate thing though, the nose is because of a different bint who punched me last night for no reason. See around here lol http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/showthread.php?t=52784&page=16

I called the police about the kids around here, and their parents haven't laid a finger on me yet...

Cobbydaler
22-10-2006, 23:55
soz for misunderstanding... :blush:

Ooops! Text speak, I'll get an infraction.. ;)

Russ
23-10-2006, 07:31
Saying that swansea is a right dump now, and it's getting worse!

Nothing but teens hanging out on street corners, drunks and drug addicts walking the town centre. no wonder swansea's town centre is fading away!

Wish I had never moved here now myself!

I guess I should be thankfull where I live is ok, apart from the five year olds running up and down the street screaming and shouting every day as they play there is no problem.

Speak for yourself - some parts of Swansea are like that.

Taf
23-10-2006, 08:50
Our local yobs filled a post pillar box with paint last week, last night they filled it with fireworks.... the police say they will prosecute IF they catch them in the act..... which they won't do as they creep up the road, blue lights on, giving the little $£%$%! time to saunter away from the scene of their crimes...

Jules
23-10-2006, 13:56
I really hope you get moved soon Pia, I am lucky as I live in a nice area and have always had decent neighbours. For your little boy to have to go back to nappies because he is too scared to use the loo is disgraceful, good luck with the council.

Pia
23-10-2006, 14:20
I really hope you get moved soon Pia, I am lucky as I live in a nice area and have always had decent neighbours. For your little boy to have to go back to nappies because he is too scared to use the loo is disgraceful, good luck with the council.
Thanks Jules.
I mean, i did lay it on with the police, but last night when the evil brats were banging on the window he was scared to go to the toilet.

What is the most annoying thing, is it wouldn't be a bad area at all if it weren't for the two households either end of the street. I have an old school friend who lives just opposite and he's lived there quite happily all his life with no bother. It's always the **** that ruin it for the others. If they got kicked out along with their brats and drugs it would be one of the higher end council estates in the town, if there's such a thing lol, if that makes sense:D

lauzjp
23-10-2006, 15:32
:redcard: I like your idea Pia - everyone who drags an estate down should be sent to one area... how about Glasgow? Newcastle? lol. :drunk:

TheDaddy
23-10-2006, 15:33
:redcard: I like your idea Pia - everyone who drags an estate down should be sent to one area... how about Glasgow? Newcastle? lol. :drunk:

Luton :D ;)

lauzjp
23-10-2006, 18:30
only if I get a free transfer to Milton Keynes first!

---------- Post added at 18:30 ---------- Previous post was at 17:50 ----------

got to say - Pia's too pretty to have a broken nose, I hope you are ok?

Chimaera
23-10-2006, 18:51
Looks like she's gone completely - no profile for her? Has she gone into witness protection already? :Yikes:

Ramrod
23-10-2006, 18:56
Thats what I was wondering :confused:

marky
23-10-2006, 19:01
*Launches bring back Pia campaign
How do i post a plaquard ?

lauzjp
23-10-2006, 19:01
eek, there are some people on here who chat to her 'off the board' surely?

marky
23-10-2006, 19:02
eek, there are some people on here who chat to her 'off the board' surely?
Yeh, about 200 ;)

Russ
23-10-2006, 19:04
Pia asked to be removed.

AndrewJ
23-10-2006, 19:07
Aye I am one of them Pia is a good friend and a great laugh to know.

---------- Post added at 19:07 ---------- Previous post was at 19:04 ----------

I am speaking to her now on MSN funny her account of what she asked for is different.

Chimaera
23-10-2006, 19:08
Thought she asked for the thread to be removed? ;)

marky
23-10-2006, 19:08
I'll second that :(

lauzjp
23-10-2006, 19:09
well I'd understand that...

Russ
23-10-2006, 19:09
I am speaking to her now on MSN funny her account of what she asked for is different.

I'm sure it is.

Thought she asked for the thread to be removed? ;)

Yes she did, amongst other things.

Chimaera
23-10-2006, 19:11
Seems a shame to lose a good member though - I thought deletions were not done in haste, to give people time to think about things? :shrug:

Russ
23-10-2006, 19:12
Seems a shame to lose a good member though - I thought deletions were not done in haste, to give people time to think about things? :shrug:

I won't be going in to the details of what happened other than she was given plenty of time to decide what she wanted to do.

Chimaera
23-10-2006, 19:14
But if a mistake or misunderstanding has been made, can the account be re-instated?

SnoopZ
23-10-2006, 19:14
I hope she will be back.......

Russ
23-10-2006, 19:15
But if a mistake or misunderstanding has been made, can the account be re-instated?

Of course - she didn't break any rules.

Paul K
23-10-2006, 19:16
Then would it not be sensible for this thread to be closed whilst the "misunderstanding" is cleared up via PM?

Russ
23-10-2006, 19:17
Then would it not be sensible for this thread to be closed whilst the "misunderstanding" is cleared up via PM?

I'm trying to get someone to close it - but someone removed like that cannot PM.

Paul
23-10-2006, 19:17
She asked for her account to be deleted, at least twice. There is nothing more to say on the matter. We won't allow this to turn into a public discussion about it as it's a matter between the team and her.

Chris
23-10-2006, 19:21
Thread closed.

Russ
23-10-2006, 22:20
Right I've spoken to Pia on the phone tonight and it's been a massive misunderstanding between us. Although it's not her fault, she going through a lot of pressure right now and it looks like that has misrepresented what she was trying to say and how I understood it.