PDA

View Full Version : New Telewest Subscription

gkhewitt
14-08-2006, 12:21
Hi there

At home we have NTL and have had for many years (irrelevant) and in September I will be moving back to Newcastle and into rented accomodation which already is already installed for Telewest.

I'm intending to take advantage of their 3 for £30 offer but it expires on 30/8 whilst our lease for the house begins on 4/9. Is it possible to ring up (say) now and ask for it to be connected early in September?

Also, since it's an existing TW house (and we're just new tenants) is the TW equipment still going to be their from the previous bunch, or do they cart it off? ie. do we need to arrange for an engineer to visit or is it a 'flick a switch' situation?

Many thanks in advance :)

Stuart
14-08-2006, 14:39
Err, why not take advantage of the Quadplay package (http://www.cableforum.co.uk/article/282/ntl-telewest-and-virgin-mobile-to-launch-free-tv-and-quad-play-deal )?

Basically, starting September, you can get the existing 3 for £30 deal and a virgin mobile contract for £40, or you can take any combination of Phone, TV, Broadband and Mobile for £10 for each option. So, if you wanted just TV and Broadband, it would be £20.

Failing that, if you aren't bothered about Broadband, just take the Phone and Free digital TV option.

In answer to your second question, yes, they will send an installer round.

gkhewitt
14-08-2006, 17:56
I don't want the Quad package since I already have a perfectly fine mobile contract.

Thank you for answering my query though, so basically the offer doesn't expire for good at the end of the month.

Cheers!