PDA

View Full Version : is it ok to....

kronas
13-08-2006, 20:21
if this gets too hot this thread will be pulled by the team or me :D

i was just wondering what everybody thought, i was watching tv and i cant help but notice that women are dressed provocatively on many occasions, but is it ok for men to view them as objects, i admit i do view women sometimes as objects of desire and crave the passion, its like a switch that gets turned on (excuse the pun) but is it right though ?

im not saying i view them as objects exclusively, its just my perception, i know its acting, a certain dress sense with the actress, but sometimes its shoved in your face, equally it is in real life, so is it up to women to be treated with dignity and respect, to be 'covered up'

i know women fantasise at men, even when they are in certain situations, but i cant help it feel 'wrong' in a way, yet in another i dont :disturbd:

Chris
13-08-2006, 20:24
Calm down, take a cold shower, and make yourself a nice cup of tea. Then pause for a minute and wonder whether all the threads and posts you have contributed in recent months that are similar to this one might give someone cause to worry about you.

kronas
13-08-2006, 20:24
Calm down, take a cold shower, and make yourself a nice cup of tea. Then pause for a minute and wonder whether all the threads and posts you have contributed in recent months that are similar to this one might give someone cause to worry about you.

yep :disturbd:

budwieser
13-08-2006, 22:25
if this gets too hot this thread will be pulled by the team or me :D

i was just wondering what everybody thought, i was watching tv and i cant help but notice that women are dressed provocatively on many occasions, but is it ok for men to view them as objects, i admit i do view women sometimes as objects of desire and crave the passion, its like a switch that gets turned on (excuse the pun) but is it right though ?

im not saying i view them as objects exclusively, its just my perception, i know its acting, a certain dress sense with the actress, but sometimes its shoved in your face, equally it is in real life, so is it up to women to be treated with dignity and respect, to be 'covered up'

i know women fantasise at men, even when they are in certain situations, but i cant help it feel 'wrong' in a way, yet in another i dont :disturbd:

WTF!!!! kronas is starting to get scary now!..:Yikes: :Yikes: :disturbd:

kronas
13-08-2006, 22:46
WTF!!!! kronas is starting to get scary now!..:Yikes: :Yikes: :disturbd:

lol, me scary :disturbd: :sleep:

Ramrod
14-08-2006, 00:11
i was just wondering what everybody thought, i was watching tv and i cant help but notice that women are dressed provocatively on many occasions, but is it ok for men to view them as objects, i admit i do view women sometimes as objects of desire and crave the passion, its like a switch that gets turned on (excuse the pun) but is it right though ?It may or may not be right but as men we primarily respond to visual stimulus (imo) and are also programmed to 'sow our oats' ( :disturbd: ).
Put that combination together in this day and age and you get a human that is very good at 'locking on' visually to an attractive woman and desiring her. it's nothing personal, it's just the way we are......:shrug:

kronas
14-08-2006, 00:34
It may or may not be right but as men we primarily respond to visual stimulus (imo) and are also programmed to 'sow our oats' ( :disturbd: ).
Put that combination together in this day and age and you get a human that is very good at 'locking on' visually to an attractive woman and desiring her. it's nothing personal, it's just the way we are......:shrug:

thanks for the sane response, i do agree, but a part of me gets mad inside about objectifying women, attractions come in diffarent ways though, but does it have to be always about looks, i mean thats a shallow thing right ?

danielf
14-08-2006, 00:44
thanks for the sane response, i do agree, but a part of me gets mad inside about objectifying women, attractions come in diffarent ways though, but does it have to be always about looks, i mean thats a shallow thing right ?

Well, physical attraction is likely to be about looks. That's why it's physical attraction. When it comes to finding someone to have a relationship/spending a life with other types of attraction become more important.

There's nothing wrong with looking at women imo (within reason). Just be aware that looks are not all that matters when it comes to looking for a partner.

kronas
14-08-2006, 00:53
Well, physical attraction is likely to be about looks. That's why it's physical attraction. When it comes to finding someone to have a relationship/spending a life with other types of attraction become more important.

this is what im getting at though, is it right to first base the approach of someone based on looks, then if you proceed to delve deeper, subconsciously the only turn on you have is looks, which then implicates your physical attraction at an emotional level, which is then procceded by sexual deviance, which is futhermore linked in to the conscious mind of 'wooing' the lady or make a suggestive remark..... i find that not right......

There's nothing wrong with looking at women imo (within reason).

if i had the guts i would talk to women, alas i dont, so it really boils down to finding an excuse, which my puny brain goes in to overload and shutsdown, a blankness if you will.

Just be aware that looks are not all that matters when it comes to looking for a partner.

i know they are not but thats a bit of a fear for me, when it comes to being there in a position where you are attracted to someone, how can you stop it from just becoming a physical, fantasy type game, where its all about sex and alcohol (not that i drink) what if it becomes a desperation game, where you buy gifts, not because your obligated by a relationship, but you feel pushed to, to create a relationship, based on a passing, fleeting thoughts of possibilities, trying to make good impressions.

i hope all of the above makes sense.

:disturbd:

Cobbydaler
14-08-2006, 00:57
what if it becomes a desperation game, where you buy gifts, not because your obligated by a relationship, but you feel pushed to, to create a relationship, based on a passing, fleeting thoughts of possibilities, trying to make good impressions.

Then it's bordering on stalking....

AndrewJ
14-08-2006, 01:25
www.google.com/images

Paul
14-08-2006, 02:15
www.google.com/imagesWas there some well hidden point to that link ?

Pia
14-08-2006, 04:38
Women like to feel attractive... i am one of those wonen. But i certainly feel sexier in a classy dress than a par of hotpants.... NOt that i ever wear hotpants, but sometime men make me feel like an object by glaring as if i am something to just take to bed rather than someone to talk to...

By the way, i've just got in gfrom the nightclub so pardon me if that makes no sense:D:disturbd:

bopdude
14-08-2006, 04:57
Your pardoned :D

ikthius
14-08-2006, 17:34
Kronas.

my way of seeing women is take them as they come (no pun).

Some girls are very attractive, some very sexy, some sexy in a non attractive way, some are not nice to look at, some are neds (chavs to you), some have nice personalities, some are a great laugh, some want to be objects of desire, some not, some want love, some want just sex, some like a good drink, some are in the book club.

not every woman is the same.

just chat to women as if your chatting to a bloke, be yourself. Don't try to make every woman you talk to seem as if you want them. just chat about anything and everything.

in the end, be yourself. Thats what woman want (imo) don't try to be something you are not.

At your age, sexual tensions run wild, yes most females will be an object of desire to you at this point in your life, its just your hormones, you will control them in time.

just be kind, curteous, gentlemanly and a good listener.

but, I think celebrities & media do start certain trends. that makes it harder for us guys to not see women as just objects of desire. we are still animals after all that has a primative need to just procreate.

ik

Tinky
14-08-2006, 19:31
Kronas M8
You strike me as being a very sensitive person, that's why you worry so much about every little thing. I have read many of your threads and basically all you lack is confidence. I am sure you are a very attractive person, don't keep giving yourself the third degree. Why let all the other guys have all the fun? What have they got, that you haven't? Girls/women are not all that complicated, despite what you are told, a compliment goes a long way! At the moment I suspect in your mental condition you will find something to lust about, even if all women walked around with black bags on their heads, you would still find something to fantasise about. This will pass. Today is the first day of the rest of your life. Don't sit at home and let it all pass you by, you deserve better.:tu:

timewarrior2001
14-08-2006, 21:50
It all depends,

I see a scantily clad woman in "club wear" and I just think.....you dirty minging little slut.
But goth chicks do it to provoke and I accept that.

women are women, treat them wrong and your gonna pay. But sometimes I think its acceptable to judge them as slappers or whatever cos its plainly obvious some are.

Halcyon
14-08-2006, 23:02
Wether women are absolutely glamourous and good looking or not, at the end of the day they are people. Wether they act in a seducing or sexy kind of way they are still people that have feelings.
I think people can get very hurt when they are treated like objects.
Someone I know was used as an 'object' for sex and she thought the guy had more feelings than just wanting sex. She got hurt by him and I find it awful that certain people view women as if they were non human and an onject instead.
Everyone deserves respect and to be treated as they would expect to be treated themsevles.

kronas
15-08-2006, 00:35
Kronas M8
You strike me as being a very sensitive person

i have said that before its very true :)

that's why you worry so much about every little thing. I have read many of your threads and basically all you lack is confidence.

i agree.

I am sure you are a very attractive person, don't keep giving yourself the third degree.

im average imo

Why let all the other guys have all the fun? What have they got, that you haven't? Girls/women are not all that complicated, despite what you are told, a compliment goes a long way!

true!

At the moment I suspect in your mental condition you will find something to lust about, even if all women walked around with black bags on their heads, you would still find something to fantasise about. This will pass. Today is the first day of the rest of your life. Don't sit at home and let it all pass you by, you deserve better.:tu:

ok thats a turn off :D

i try to get out asmuch as i can, but im an ultra quiet person, show too much respect to people.

At your age, sexual tensions run wild, yes most females will be an object of desire to you at this point in your life, its just your hormones, you will control them in time.

tell me about it, your whole post makes sense, but im highlighting a few points.

just be kind, curteous, gentlemanly and a good listener.

now dont scoff or take the mickey but i am all of the above, but im also VERY shy, when it comes to making conversation i get all tounge tied and blankness sets in

but, I think celebrities & media do start certain trends. that makes it harder for us guys to not see women as just objects of desire. we are still animals after all that has a primative need to just procreate.

ik

thats what i mean though, you see celebrities dressed at certain times as well, provactively, half nekkid, or just look in a certain way, so it makes it doubly difficult, then again so do some people out in the real world, i think it also depends on what you deem to be sexy in YOUR eyes too, another attribute maybe a turnoff, yet another person may say it makes the person stand out, its just when you sit back and analyze things, it just seems wrong to me to objectify women, from a mans point of view.

Tinky
15-08-2006, 08:46
Kronas M8
At the moment I suspect in your mental condition you will find something to lust about, even if all women walked around with black bags on their heads, you would still find something to fantasise about. This will pass. Today is the first day of the rest of your life. Don't sit at home and let it all pass you by, you deserve better.:tu:

Sorry Kronas,
If I insulted you I didn't mean to, bad choice of words on my part, perhaps fragile/sensitive state of mind might have been better. You are obviously a very caring person too, otherwise you wouldn't be so concerned about what other people think.

kronas
16-08-2006, 01:12
Sorry Kronas,
If I insulted you I didn't mean to, bad choice of words on my part, perhaps fragile/sensitive state of mind might have been better. You are obviously a very caring person too, otherwise you wouldn't be so concerned about what other people think.

no not at all, i do see your points, and they are very valid because i see them too, i know of them, im trying to 'be myself' but i put the brakes on too much, then i go in to thinking overdrive.

:erm: