PDA

View Full Version : Car troubles...Again

liamboyle06
10-08-2006, 15:37
Hello again
I have a Clio '97 with remote central locking that also doubles as the immobiliser. However recently when I pushed the key fob button, the car would not open thus engine would not start. during this period i have had to fiddle with the Sensor in the Car to get it to Remote open/un-immobilise.

This mornign however, teh thing would not work at all, would not remote open, thus preventing me from driving it as everytime i try to start, the engine cuts out.

What I am wondering is there any way I can disable the immobiliser, as I can open and close the car using the keys, but it will not start.
I am intending on getting a newer car in the next couple of months so do not want a lot of expense in fitting a new immobiliser/locking mechanism.

Thank for all the help.;)

Cobbydaler
10-08-2006, 15:41
I really don't think someone will post how to disable an immobiliser on an open forum...

Wouldn't make you very popular with other '97 era Clio owners.... ;)

handyman
10-08-2006, 15:41
You did not mention is you had changed the battery in the fob?

ZrByte
10-08-2006, 15:42
Hello again
I have a Clio '97 with remote central locking that also doubles as the immobiliser. However recently when I pushed the key fob button, the car would not open thus engine would not start. during this period i have had to fiddle with the Sensor in the Car to get it to Remote open/un-immobilise.

This mornign however, teh thing would not work at all, would not remote open, thus preventing me from driving it as everytime i try to start, the engine cuts out.

What I am wondering is there any way I can disable the immobiliser, as I can open and close the car using the keys, but it will not start.
I am intending on getting a newer car in the next couple of months so do not want a lot of expense in fitting a new immobiliser/locking mechanism.

Thank for all the help.;)

Sounds to me like the battery may be dead in your keyfob.

liamboyle06
10-08-2006, 15:47
You did not mention is you had changed the battery in the fob?
I have already had the Battery Changed by the Renault Dealer here for £12 - could not believe it , but it is a new Battery and the light on the Keyfob comes on when I press the button.

daz300
10-08-2006, 18:00
there is a key twist combo you can do to turn it off you need to call a dealer they will fix it up for you .

iain_herts
10-08-2006, 18:09
to disable the immobiliser use the 4 digit code found on the security card as shown in ur owner hand book.

taken from the autodata cd2