PDA

View Full Version : Biggest Joke ever

chris2003
11-12-2003, 03:05
well I am now sick to death of the incompadence of the staff at NTL not only can they not give me a corrected bill but these people can not even manage to do a simple take of taking money out of someones bank account over the last 6months I have been ****ed around with my bill first off I was transfered from STB modem to stand alone well what a miss first DD details were failed to be entered to the account and then I find some turd did not remove a 2nd STB from my account this only took a matter of 4 months to remove this and have a corrected bill from them and having them phone me put asking for the money and telling I was going to be cut off for dosh they owed them selfs not to top it off I got a call fromt them on friday tell me that YES my boardband account is behind I said WTF how the hell can this be I am on DD the man on the phone told me it had not been paid in 2months and that I had a outstanding balance from july when I had it installed which to put the iceing on the cake when they did the offer of 1month free rental so anyway it gets to monday to I thought well I am going to phone these people up as I do NOT TURST THESE DIRTY *******S at all and ohhhhh guess what there was no note on the account to say of the arrangement of what I had made on friday so by this point I am well cheesed off I spoke to some fool called carl who YES and again told me a bloodly lye that his manager would phone me back the nexted day between 4-5 well what crap that was no phone call by this point I am almost at explosion so I phoned up the muppets once more I spoke to someone called kevin who claimed to be the manager for my arear and I had a chat to him had this muppet all's he could come out with was I needed to check my bank as he see it must be a problem with it there so I kindly explained how a DD worked to him as I will here

I set a DD with NTL and each month NTL are MENT to take the cash outta my bank account just like they have manage to on my TV and phone account

a Standing order is were I ask the bank to take the money outta my bank and put it in to there account

so I don't see were the problem is and I am sure the bank would have informed me that there is a problem after 2months of failed DD atempeds so the guy said he would have to pass me to the credit control to rearrange the agreement I made with them on the friday of thje first call so I speak to Linda in credit control to the asked me how would u like to pay sir visa for debit card I said no sorry I will leave it as the last agreement was ment and to be taken outta my bank she turns around and say oh sorry sir I can't change that and I will have to get someone to ring u back with in an hour so I waited from 7pm till 8pm and guess what no one rang

so now NTL I have rang u and u can sick the account right u your tight fisted ass holes as now I am now back off to BT this is a real shame I have been a customer for the last 4 years with them I have all there top packages and I get treated like I am on someone shose well :upyours: :upyours: I am sick to death of u people who can't even manage to get 1 bill right

PLEASE BE TOLD DO NOT NEVER EVER TRUST WHAT CS EVER SAY THEY ARE LYING TURDS 100%

and please don't even both mods or CTL or anyone from NTL trying to get in touch to change my mind u change it for me GOOD BYE AND GOOD RIDDENS

P.S I will never recommend this company to anyone even tho I have had 4 poeple sign up for it as I recommened it to them BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER

Mark W
11-12-2003, 05:33
:erm: a tad annoyed then? not that i blame you......

DrAwesome
11-12-2003, 07:35
If i said "WTF" or cursed/cussed at someone my local NTL franchise/NTL Stockton i would be soon listening to the dial tone.

chris2003
11-12-2003, 08:06
If i said "WTF" or cursed/cussed at someone my local NTL franchise/NTL Stockton i would be soon listening to the dial tone.

well I am sorry but that person would have made the biggest misktake putting the phone down people like this really are pulling NTL down I like there services but I will not stand beening messed around on the payments side of it this is no way to run a bussines at all I used to think highly of there CS now I think nothing of them they are the poorest thing I have ever come across I have seen better at a can vendor machine in my local baths

I know how important it is to have a upto date revanue account with all tele called loged on the account as I work for my local council in the housing department on the income side of things

and just one small tip NTL get rid of the humans and employe some monkeys I reack they would do a dam good job

Scarlett
11-12-2003, 08:47
well I am sorry but that person would have made the biggest misktake putting the phone down people like this really are pulling NTL down I like there services but I will not stand beening messed around on the payments side of it this is no way to run a bussines at all I used to think highly of there CS now I think nothing of them they are the poorest thing I have ever come across I have seen better at a can vendor machine in my local baths

I know how important it is to have a upto date revanue account with all tele called loged on the account as I work for my local council in the housing department on the income side of things

Well I'm not defending the treatment that you've had and I don't work for NTL but you might find that it the processes in place that are causing some of the problems.
I know that when I worked in a call center, certain tasks, such as refunds/ incorrect payments, had to be handled by a certain depatment and the only thing that CSR's could do was to fill the detail in on a form and send it off. it may be that NTL have a policy of the CSR's telling customers that things 'Have been sorted' so that the customer feels better than if they are told, 'I've passed the details onto the relevent department, they should action it within 7 days' As I said it doesn't excuse them for this.

As for councils, council tax and DD's I'm not going into how many times I got threatened with court action because of non payment from the DD that they had failed to set up. I mean surely after 4 DD's they would set up one correctly?

Scarlett.

Macca
11-12-2003, 10:42
Chris2003

I can understand why you are so upset and think you have been treated quite poorly but think that some of your comments are out of order. I am in no way defending how you have been treated but this problem should have been resolved by the first person you spoke to. In my opinion, one of the problems with ntl is that not enough people take ownership of customer problems and prefer to pass them off to other depts so that call handling times are kept to a minimum. Not exactly the best way to provide a "world class customer service".
I feel sorry for the staff who had to speak to you following your problems because I think most of us have had to deal with issues that have not been resolved by other staff, yourself included Chris.

:Peace:

Mr.Moony
11-12-2003, 12:29
well I am sorry but that person would have made the biggest misktake putting the phone down

You got lucky, you'd be hitting redail with 9/10 people. Quite rightly so, were real people and the person at the end of the phone wasnt directly faulted for the billing mistake, why did you have to give them a hard time ?

Neil
11-12-2003, 12:46
In my opinion, one of the problems with ntl is that not enough people take ownership of customer problems and prefer to pass them off to other depts so that call handling times are kept to a minimum.

Macca-in my opinion, this is one of ntl's biggest problems, & has been for a long time.

The prob is the staff know that their managers don't really give a to$$, & can't pass problems to them that they should be able to :afire: so they just try to pass the buck somewhere else. :mad:

That doesn't excuse the CSR who does it, as problems can always be resolved, but I can kinda understand why it happens.

Dooby
11-12-2003, 12:49
have you checked with your bank to see if the DD has actually been set up?

Dooby
11-12-2003, 12:55
It also has to be said that I would have though most people in CSR will take the attitude that if you start of bitching and ranting they will think 'why the **** should I help this ********' and to be honest I would agree with them. Unless they have personally caused the problem then there is no justification in getting arsy with them, in fact usually the opposite is true, if you are nice and reasonable they may be inclined to take 'ownership' of the problem because they feel like, for once, they are being spoken to as human beings...

I have worked as kitchen/bar staff in the past, and know several people who have done the same, and all of them say the same sort of thing, the people who complain about there food being late in an arsy 'where the **** is my food' go down the list, the ones who are nice and enquire politely, and acknowledge that you are busy etc etc, get theirs in turn and you make an effort for them, its a two way street, CSR arent robots they have feelings too, sure some of them maybe muppets, but that often isnt entirely there fault (bad training/management etc) and dumping on them may make you feel better, but isnt going to get you anywhere near getting your problem solved.

Dooby
11-12-2003, 12:58
oh, and re:direct debit, yes it is an instruction for NTL to take the money, BUT it has to be set up at the bank, with your permission, if it hasnt been set up properly at the bank end then it wont work.

Macca
11-12-2003, 14:50
The prob is the staff know that their managers don't really give a to$$, & can't pass problems to them that they should be able to :afire: so they just try to pass the buck somewhere else. :mad:

Exactly and look at how Chris has responded because he did not receive a call back when promised, and who can blame him. The CSR looks like a liar, when what probably has happened is that the manager never bothered to call back. How much faith can a CSR have in their management when things like this happen, also how can that CSR develop when the person they are supposed to look up to is not giving the customer service that is expected.

Maggy
11-12-2003, 16:47
I suspect that chris2003 started at the beginning of this whole sorry saga by being polite but as the whole situation escalated out of his control he has gotten more and more irate.I certainly feel for him that he does seem to have been very unfortunate to have experienced the very worst aspects of NTL.Funny how so much of the aggravation suffered by NTL customers stems from the accounts and payment departments.

However to actually address the matter probably comes down to cost and Heaven forfend that any of the management lose out on their bonus's to fund any improvements.

Incog. :)

threadbare
11-12-2003, 18:49
the odd period mark would go amiss :)

chris2003
11-12-2003, 19:56
well I am sorry but I have been very nice to these people and I belive in giving everyone a chance in sorting things out but after u end up speaking to more than one person and get past from pila to post the most anoying thing is when they have not been bothered to put a note on the account and then I have to spend the nexted 20mins explaining what has happened u would get highly cheesed off. I do not see why I should have to go to the bank they can manage to take money outta the same bank account for the TV and phone but yeh the fail to take it for the BB and I was told they have a new billing system in place for the BB so that would answer the queston to as why they have failed to collected the cash

and if all u people who are saying that I am unfair with them then I take it that your going to let NTL walk all over u everytime they screw up. I do not take thing's like this lying down I like things to be right I like to know were I am at with my bills and what cash I have left each month
at the end of the day I still see this as no way to treat the customer who pays towards there wages and yes remember we pay there wages each month so how they going to like it if NTL did not pay them one month and then spent the nexted 6months trying to relove this I bet once the shose is on the other foot they would be as ****ed as I am right now and would be giving someone hell for it I agree I should not have to give someone hell but I have to waste my TIME on the phone trying to reslove it

well anyways NTL start getting it right or u will lose more long term customers like myself

Stuart W
11-12-2003, 21:37
chris2003, do you ever stop for breath?

The odd full stop or comma might not go amiss ;)

chris2003
11-12-2003, 23:00
chris2003, do you ever stop for breath?

The odd full stop or comma might not go amiss ;)

u get the point did'nt u ???

I came here to let of some steam while also letting others know how you can get easy messed around not to check to see how good my grammar is :shrug:

Nikko
12-12-2003, 00:02
u get the point did'nt u ???

I came here to let of some steam while also letting others know how you can get easy messed around not to check to see how good my grammar is :shrug:

I think what Stuart (and others) were getting at, was, that if you rant at the problem, then you may well expect to be taken less than seriously.

Whilst your problem may be genuine and vexatious, there are ways of reconciling this without fundamentally insulting individuals that are unfortunate enough to pick up your call.

Check with the bank, if the error is not with them, call back to CS/accounts and explain nicely - you may get a pleasant surprise.

chris2003
12-12-2003, 00:56
[QUOTE=Nikko]I think what Stuart (and others) were getting at, was, that if you rant at the problem, then you may well expect to be taken less than seriously.

Whilst your problem may be genuine and vexatious, there are ways of reconciling this without fundamentally insulting individuals that are unfortunate enough to pick up your call.

Check with the bank, if the error is not with them, call back to CS/accounts and explain nicely - you may get a pleasant surprise.[/QUOTE

I am sorry but reno claimed to be a manager carl a CS chap and kevin the arear manager and linda in credit control all fobed me off as far as I can see here even tho reno did not both even phoning me at all and CARL only put down that he would call me and not the time I arrange with him that suited me around my job so these people need to be pointed out as they have not do there job correctly have they :shrug:

and I do not call these individuals that are unfortunate enough to pick up your call.
as this is what they are there and payed for to sort mess's like this out remember these people are your first point of contacted so if you can't even trust that person how the hell do u trust anyone higher up ??? end of story now I have canceled and thats it I am off to the greener field on the other side of the fence

think about imagen I worked for NTL and phone you up tomorrow and tell u that we have mess your bill up good style(ok I know NTL will never say that)and you make an agreement and I thought sod it I can't be bothered loging that and then 3days later u get another guy phone u put saying hey u owe us money and were going to cut u off would u be happy ???? would you really coz I think NOT

it's like going to the garage and u pay for some shocks but hey they forgot to fit them and they say oh we'll put them on nexted month and they say that for months you'd be highly not happy and you would head for the big cheese head at the top and yes you would blow your top with him as you have had to wait a long time for it to be sorted out

as for bank if they could not get the money the first month then why did they still leave it another month before phoning me surely they musta seen the arrears on the account after the first DD Fail and I am sure that my bank has a the common sence to say NTL this DD has failed and NTL may then go oh dear and imform me that I need to speak with the bank, DD are there to save wasting time down at the bank and why can't they just take a look at my other DD and set it to the same settings as the other I can't see the bank making a mistake on 2 DD from one account to the same company

anyways ta ta

chris2003
18-12-2003, 19:47
just an update

I managed to get a day off work so I headed to the bank to make sure 100% that it's not there fault it ant been payed. so I gets there and my bank tells me that NTL did infacted tryed to take the outstanding money yesterday which for one I was not notified 10days before it they were going to take it and this is not the date in which I set the DD up for to pay my broadband account I set it up for the 27th of every month as I get payed on the 18th which gives my loads of time to leave the money in the bank well as u can guess I have now been charged for no payment of a DD :mad: so I phone NTL and oh guess what I got carl again and this time he trys to tell me that there was no funds in the account for it mmmmmmmm well I said can you tell me the reason why I have not been charged by the bank for this well I know he could not answer it but he was 100% adement that thats the reason. he told be that I would need to write in as request the refund so I said find no problem I asked him if he could email this too me when I got home oh guess what no email, I even asked him why reno never phoned me back all's I got was mmmmm errrrrrr and then I asked why he never loged the full details of when he would phone me back and all's I got was I did in the email I think he lyes....so once I got home that hour later and finding no email I phone them back up and got some women who said oh yes sir I will give the direct number for them LOL!!!! :shrug: internal NTL IT support staff number the man there very nicely took my details and got a lady to ring me back why I don't know coz she did'nt tell me anything I did'nt all ready know but she did give me a fax number to send my bank statemnets showing that there was enough cash in the account and the charges for there mistake

my queston is now that banks are now charging for these extra statements can I charge NTL for this?????????? I don't see why I have to pay for there mistakes and lyes

so for now NTL I shall be making a trip to my bank and I shall be canceling all DD for you as I can not trust u to it I shall be arranging for a manual payment that i will make my self this 2months owing will be set at 5quid a month for it I will make u wait just like u made me wait :upyours: