PDA

View Full Version : Need Help / Fao kronas

Pug205Tim
04-08-2006, 12:05
Hello, right i really dont know what to do in this situation, and could do with some help.

I think i'm suffering from depression, but dont know the symptoms, i have insomnia aswell, that isn't helping, but over the last 2 weeks i have just been feeling really down, and worthless and cant eat properly either :(, i have thought about suicide, but i guess im too much of a wimp to do that, and i wouldnt 'attempt' it for attention before anyone accuses me of that. This all started when i lost my life basically, lost my job last november, aswell as my gf and flat etc, so moved back in with my parents, but since then i just cant find work. Well got a letter from jobseekers yesterday saying they are going to stop my money, well my parents wont house me without any money, and i still have about a £3k debt to pay off, and with no pc or phone i cant keep in contact with what i guess you could call my current gf (now crying at this point), as she lives a good 30 miles away, and i dont want to loose her, shes all i have going in my life atm, and my parents have said if i dont find a job within a week or 2 i'm out basically. I dont know what to do now and i am feeling really irratic, is there any claim i can make, so i can still recieve benifits? I have no where else to go and really dont know what to do anymore. I have an appointment with jsa a week on monday, but i dont know what they are going to do, surely they cant leave me with no money, can they? Any advice on what i can say to them? Cheers

Jules
04-08-2006, 12:25
I take you are looking for and applying for jobs? First thing to do is go see your doctor, next can you not bring your appointment with the JSA people forward as they may be able to help you find work and if not help you sort your benefit out.

I know things seem to be really pilling up on you at the moment but hang on in there

Pug205Tim
04-08-2006, 12:52
I take you are looking for and applying for jobs? First thing to do is go see your doctor, next can you not bring your appointment with the JSA people forward as they may be able to help you find work and if not help you sort your benefit out.

I know things seem to be really pilling up on you at the moment but hang on in there

Yes, i have been looking and applying since november! Hence why they are stopping the payments now, they feel i have been on jsa too long, they did originally say that they would consider putting me on a course, but they never did due to the fact that most of them are £800+, and i have no way to pay for it myself, or any transport, the work really is limited here for what i have experience in, or for unskilled workers, its getting worse than grimsby and notts, even the jsa are strugling to find work for people, they have found me 4 jobs in the last 2 months to apply for!
And no the appointment is at my next sign on date, they wont bring it forward as i have recieved my final payment yesterday, which is supposed to last me for 2 weeks, so i just have to sit here trying to think of a way out untill then.

If things get worse then i will go see the doctor, but i really dont see what good it will do tbh
cheers

ikthius
04-08-2006, 12:52
look for any job, even the worst ones just now, to get money and get your head thinking about other things.

then once you have that job, put it on a CV, and start looking properly for jobs. or even go to do courses while you work.

next get a cheap phone from http://www.bumblebeeauctions.co.uk/XcAPViewInCat.asp?ID=31 which is a police auction site. you may find cheaper phones there.

or even just get a reconditioned phone on pay as you go you don't get charged for recieving calls, but if you not have money in it, you can't call or text out, this way companies can call you.....

then once you got a crap basic job, you will have money to pay the parents, something.... then you can have money for the phone and money to go see the bird.

sorted, just go in to local places and ask if they need any employees, like hairdresses to wash hair or sweep the place up
local shops for any part time work
bars, if you are age enough
the list is endless

you don't have to just rely on job seekers

see the doc, (s)he may be able to help with the other stuff

ik