PDA

View Full Version : Whom should I date ???

jonekate
03-08-2006, 10:50
:( Iâ₠¬ÃƒÆ’¢â€žÂ¢m a female student and I am seriously confused about my sexuality. I spend most of my social life getting drunk, so that I donââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t have to face this problem. I have dated guys, but I never get very close to them. Girls make me feel safe and I can relate better to them. I may sound like I am straight and they are just best friend, but I recently met a girl at university and took an instant liking to her and dated her a few times †“thatÃà ‚¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢à¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…¾Ã‚¢s different to the way I feel about my other mater; I just want to be near her. Iâ₠¬ÃƒÆ’¢â€žÂ¢d love to tell her about my feelings, but I donââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t know her well enough and she can blab to other and made my life a misery.

Should I date men only, am I straight?

Kate Jones

zing_deleted
03-08-2006, 10:52
:welcome: to the forum.
Tell you what date a woman and just pop round here anytime ;)

ikthius
03-08-2006, 11:09
interesting first post......

i would say go for women if they make you feel safe.
and play about with guys if you feel the need to......... then after a few months, you will know which feels right.
Guys or Women.

don't give away your heart to easily, then it will be easily broken, by both parties.

just have fun.

ik

homealone
03-08-2006, 11:30
hi Kate :welcome:

Please be careful with the 'getting drunk' thing, which makes you vulnerable & possibly more confused.

- and don't worry about how you 'should' feel about anybody, but do be honest with yourself about what those feelings are.

There is no 'right' way for you to feel about anyone, be it male or female, what is wrong is to suppress any feelings you do have.

Just remember that sexuality is not 'set in stone' & that experimenting, within reason, does not label you in any way - I'd be more worried about being labelled as a drunk, tbh :)

Saaf_laandon_mo
03-08-2006, 11:35
Sod dating.... get a camcorder and have sex with both!!

Nugget
03-08-2006, 11:40
<snip>I'd be more worried about being labelled as a drunk, tbh :)

And what exactly is wrong with that ;)

*hic*

Ramrod
03-08-2006, 11:54
I wonder if this thread is in danger of getting locked down/deleted in the very near future?.......:scratch:

punky
03-08-2006, 12:04
:( Iâ₠¬ÃƒÆ’¢â€žÂ¢m a female student and I am seriously confused about my sexuality. I spend most of my social life getting drunk, so that I donââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t have to face this problem. I have dated guys, but I never get very close to them. Girls make me feel safe and I can relate better to them. I may sound like I am straight and they are just best friend, but I recently met a girl at university and took an instant liking to her and dated her a few times †“thatÃà ‚¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã¢à¢Ã¢â€šÂ¬Ã…¾Ã‚¢s different to the way I feel about my other mater; I just want to be near her. Iâ₠¬ÃƒÆ’¢â€žÂ¢d love to tell her about my feelings, but I donââ‚Âà ‚¬ÃƒÂ¢Ã¢â‚¬Å¾Ã‚¢t know her well enough and she can blab to other and made my life a misery.

Should I date men only, am I straight?

Kate Jones

Short answer is... Date who you feel happiest with. I relate to guys better than girls, but that's not an automatic reason to date men. You normally have a yearning to be with or other. I have a yearning to be with women. You have indicated this when you said: "I have dated men but never been close to them", and then about this girl "I just want to be near her". Sounds pretty clear cut to me. The fact that men scare you also backs this up... women scare me!

I can't comment on people's reactions after coming out... But i'd like to think people will be more understanding that you think given how gay rights have come along. You say others... but if you call them mates, then they aren't... If they are strangers, well... you don't have to have anything to do with them.

Mal
03-08-2006, 12:48
Can I just ask...what made you come to an IT related forum and post a question like that for?

Paul
03-08-2006, 13:31
Can I just ask...what made you come to an IT related forum and post a question like that for?Esp a UK based one ?

TheNorm
03-08-2006, 13:36
Esp a UK based one ?

And why give your full first and last names?

Fishy...

Cobbydaler
03-08-2006, 13:44

Fishy...

Stop carping.... ;)

Nugget
03-08-2006, 13:47
Apparently, we've got a dab hand here ;)

etccarmageddon
03-08-2006, 13:52
Kate - I dont know if you're straight but you're definitely not legit.

handyman
03-08-2006, 13:58

Fishy...

Hmm Kate Jones, only one of the most popular surnames in England.
If you look at most of the non ntl posts this place is more like a community anyway. :-)

I say date girls and invite me round ;)

Saaf_laandon_mo
03-08-2006, 13:58
Date me and bring along your female friend .... hubba hubbaaaaa

altis
03-08-2006, 14:02
I think you should date anyone with a good sense of grammar.

;)

Maggy
03-08-2006, 14:28
I sooo think we need a dear auntie section for all the lovelorn,confused and needy folk as we seem to be getting a lot of these sorts of questions lately.Though finding someone expert to deal with all issues is going to be hard.

Having said that I think this not something that this forum can help with.I think you need somewhere a little calmer and quieter where your question will get the respect that you need it to have..you will have noted we are inclined to levity here already by some of the responses you have already had.

Can I suggest somewhere like the community at H2G2 over at the BBC site.It seems a little confusing at first but they have a huge community and they do have a higher proportion of women to men ratio than here.You can set up a section about yourself,set out in your journal all your daily problems and ask the community for their opinions.They will also be able to direct you towards any online communities that might help.

However there are several gay men at this site who also maybe able to direct you to to some online communities.I also suggest that you request the services of a councellor from your college or university.My sympathies are with you because this is just the situation my daughter went through at uni.She has discovered that she is probably bisexual as she still fancies men but has happened to have found a female partner that she adores.

Good luck on your journey of discovery.:tu:

Pumpkin
03-08-2006, 14:35
If you are at college/uni there should be some sort of student advisor/pastoral support available specifically trained to deal with young people who are away from the support of family and friends, usually for the first time.

Issues regarding sex/sexuality are the most frequently raised - ooh errh! (sorry - couldn't resist :D ) so they should be able to offer the kind of advice you require and if you don't feel comfortable speaking directly they have details of services you can approach anonymously, otherwise there are any number of dedicated websites and helplines for issues of sexual identity, which you can access - but I'm sure you know this already

LSainsbury
04-08-2006, 12:38
100% wind up.....go play in road!

Chris W
04-08-2006, 12:45
I think the attitude of some forum members to this thread is disgusting. Someone has posted with, yes, something a little out of the ordinary as a first post, but what gives you the right to pass judgment? The Team are here to deal with troublesome members, and we are already aware of this thread. There is absolutely no need for the sarcastic comments and attacks that are taking place here. New members should be welcomed by all- if you have a problem with a post then report it to the team who will deal with it. Shame on you :td:

Graham M
04-08-2006, 12:46
http://betboards.bet.com/forums/101722/ShowPost.aspx

Interesting... :)

skyblueheroes
04-08-2006, 13:03

:D

Just goes to show that the admins are over cautious and the NTHell Members know best ;) :D

etccarmageddon
04-08-2006, 14:32
looks like there was a need to take this thread with a pinch of salt after all!

danielf
04-08-2006, 14:41

There's loads more on other forums...

Mal
04-08-2006, 14:48
I think the attitude of some forum members to this thread is disgusting. Someone has posted with, yes, something a little out of the ordinary as a first post, but what gives you the right to pass judgment? The Team are here to deal with troublesome members, and we are already aware of this thread. There is absolutely no need for the sarcastic comments and attacks that are taking place here. New members should be welcomed by all- if you have a problem with a post then report it to the team who will deal with it. Shame on you :td: I am just curious as to why someone has picked an IT forum to ask such a question. It is not like they were a member here who had gotten comfortable with the other members to ask such a question. Also, she seems to have asked it on others, months ago.

Pug205Tim
04-08-2006, 15:04
Hmm Kate Jones, only one of the most popular surnames in England.
If you look at most of the non ntl posts this place is more like a community anyway. :-)

I say date girls and invite me round ;)

Try having smith! I darent book a hotel room in my own name

Russ
04-08-2006, 15:09
looks like there was a need to take this thread with a pinch of salt after all!

Why? Just because the OP has posted the same thing on at least one other forum, why the suspicion?

Ramrod
04-08-2006, 15:12
Why? Just because the OP has posted the same thing on at least one other forum, why the suspicion?First post, posting style, post content......:shrug:
..........do you know something we don't? :)

Russ
04-08-2006, 15:13
Yeah and?

This person has not broken any forum rules. True it may appear to be an odd first post on a forum like this but that doesn't mean anything is untoward surely?

Cobbydaler
04-08-2006, 15:14
I am just curious as to why someone has picked an IT forum to ask such a question. It is not like they were a member here who had gotten comfortable with the other members to ask such a question. Also, she seems to have asked it on others, months ago.

It wasn't months ago...

American date format - 2nd August...

But the spelling mistakes/typos are exactly the same in both posts, so must have done a cut & paste...

Maggy
04-08-2006, 15:21
Perhaps someone is conducting their own experiment to see just how welcoming and helpful we really are.Or how courteous we are at CF?

:)

Pumpkin
04-08-2006, 15:40
Has any one who's seen 'Fight Club' and how Jack and Marla meet made a connection - or is it just me?

etccarmageddon
04-08-2006, 15:46
Perhaps someone is conducting their own experiment to see just how welcoming and helpful we really are.Or how courteous we are at CF?

:)or perhaps there's just strange people out there who sign up to loads of forums with the same story and see what reactions they get. after they post the question on the other forums do they every come back with a second post?

Maggy
04-08-2006, 15:49

:)or perhaps there's just strange people out there who sign up to loads of forums with the same story and see what reactions they get. after they post the question on the other forums do they every come back with a second post?

Guess we'll never know.:shrug:

Graham M
04-08-2006, 15:50
Its funny how Google Spidered it so quickly!

Pumpkin
04-08-2006, 16:06
or perhaps there's just strange people out there who sign up to loads of forums with the same story and see what reactions they get. after they post the question on the other forums do they every come back with a second post?

As in my earlier post - very similar to 'Fight Club'

etccarmageddon
04-08-2006, 16:08
is the first rule of lesbian dating that there is no lesbian dating?

Pumpkin
04-08-2006, 16:16
is the first rule of lesbian dating that there is no lesbian dating?

The second rule 'if its your first time you must date a lesbian'

LSainsbury
05-08-2006, 08:46
And yet another (http://deals.families.com/whom-should-i-date,t35316)version of the same thing! :o:

etccarmageddon
05-08-2006, 08:58
bloody hell - how many answers does a lesbian need!

LSainsbury
05-08-2006, 09:20
She just has a real hang up about it!!

ikthius
05-08-2006, 11:15
can she not trust her friends answers......

sorry she is not real :D

ik

skyblueheroes
05-08-2006, 12:41
I agree.

There are some bored and wierd people out there in the world.

Matth
06-08-2006, 22:23
Don't know if these have been collected before:

http://forums.hypography.com/introductions/7852-whom-should-i-date.html

http://deals.families.com/whom-should-i-date,t35316

http://www.ukchatterbox.co.uk/msg/711868

Kate's a busy girl....

http://dating.lovetoknow.com/Kate_Jones_from_My_Date_Review
Possibly adspamming for a dating site, if she ever comes back!

LSainsbury
07-08-2006, 08:15
Like I said - 100% wind up - and got shot down for it...

Ramrod
07-08-2006, 09:41
Kate's a busy girl....

http://dating.lovetoknow.com/Kate_Jones_from_My_Date_Review
Possibly adspamming for a dating site, if she ever comes back!Kate Jones is the founder of a website designed to help single people find a great relationship. Called MyDateReview.com it has all the tools you need to manage the process of dating and finding a perfect partner.

TheNorm
07-08-2006, 09:51
...it has all the tools you need to manage the process of dating and finding a perfect partner.

Brilliant chat-up lines? Expensive-looking (but affordable) restaurants? Hire of an open-topped Corvette?

Stuart
07-08-2006, 09:53
Guys, it's worth noting that kate did not include a link to her website in her post, sig or profile. You lot. however, appear to have found it, so assuming she did post to spam her site, you have actually done it for her..

LSainsbury
07-08-2006, 10:39
Guys, it's worth noting that kate did not include a link to her website in her post, sig or profile. You lot. however, appear to have found it, so assuming she did post to spam her site, you have actually done it for her..

Reverse-spamming - like it!! :D

Maggy
07-08-2006, 18:20
You know I cannot understand why after this has been found to be a scam you keep posting to it and keeping it going/

Oooops just as I have done.I think as the OP hasn't been back that maybe this thread should be closed? :shrug: