PDA

View Full Version : A Nutrition Test

yesman
30-07-2006, 22:38
For you to have a go at :erm:

http://msntestyourself.netdoctor.co.uk/interactivetests/nutritionquiz.php

My score:
You have scored 45 points, you are eating a well-balanced diet but could do better.

plus.....

You are generally following healthy eating guidelines - which include filling up on on starchy carbohydrate foods such as pasta, rice and bread, eating plenty of vitamin-rich fruits and vegetables and keeping your fat intake within healthy limits. But you score indicates there are some areas where you could lapse into bad habits if you don't keep on top of things.

Watch in particular that your fat intake doesn't creep up and that you continue eating plenty of fruit and vegetables.
N.B. Whatever your diet, if you are drinking excessively, your health is at risk.

Let's see how you do....

Russ
30-07-2006, 22:42
You have scored 48 points, you are eating a well-balanced diet but could do better.

You are generally following healthy eating guidelines - which include filling up on on starchy carbohydrate foods such as pasta, rice and bread, eating plenty of vitamin-rich fruits and vegetables and keeping your fat intake within healthy limits. But you score indicates there are some areas where you could lapse into bad habits if you don't keep on top of things.

Watch in particular that your fat intake doesn't creep up and that you continue eating plenty of fruit and vegetables.

Matthew
30-07-2006, 22:43
You have scored 35 points, your diet could be improved.

Your diet is not too bad, but could do with some improvements. You don't need to completely start again; just improve the balance of foods you eat.
Try to bump up your fruit ands vegetable intake (especially brightly-coloured or deep-green ones that are richest in disease protective antioxidants), and reduce your intake of fat, particularly saturated fat in foods like full-fat dairy products, fatty meats and biscuits. Base your meals on starchy foods like pasta, rice and bread, and swap crisps and confectionery for fresh fruit, raisins or plain nuts. If you are eating fast food, pass up the fries and choose grilled burgers without mayonnaise, vegetable pizzas, or salads.
N.B. Whatever your diet, if you are drinking excessively, your health is at risk.
Our top nutrition tips
Include starchy foods, e.g. wholemeal bread, pasta, breakfast cereals rice at every meal. They are low fat and provide protein, B vitamins, minerals and fibre as well as energy.
Eat five different servings of fruits and vegetables a day (including fresh or frozen, juices, salads and soups). They are the best way to get plenty of fibre, vitamins and other antioxidants - the basis of a strong defence against cancer and heart disease.
Eat a couple of servings of protein a day to maintain healthy skin, muscles and tissues. Choose from lean meat, fish, poultry, eggs and soya.
Eat one or two servings of dairy products daily. They provide calcium for strong bones, as well as B vitamins and protein. Try to stick to lower fat, e.g. skimmed or semi-skimmed, milk and yoghurt.
Cut down on fat. Trim fat off meat and take skin off chicken. Throw away the deep fryer, swap butter for low-fat spread and aviod accompanying your foods with mayonnaise or cream.
Go easy on sugar. Eat less sugary foods and confectionery like chocolate, sweets and full sugar fizzy drinks. Keep your alcohol intake within healthy limits (2-3 units daily for women, 3-4 units daily for men).

homealone
30-07-2006, 22:50
38 for me, good one, yesman :tu:

Enuff
30-07-2006, 22:52
You have scored 52 points, you are eating a well-balanced diet, well done.

You can congratulate yourself on eating a diet that's as balanced as most people find it practically possible to eat. Remember it's important not to get too obsessed with eating healthily though; there are no good and bad foods - only good and bad diets. So, if you want to let your hair down occasionally with fatty or sugary foods, go ahead.

Our top nutrition tips
Include starchy foods, e.g. wholemeal bread, pasta, breakfast cereals rice at every meal. They are low fat and provide protein, B vitamins, minerals and fibre as well as energy.

Eat five different servings of fruits and vegetables a day (including fresh or frozen, juices, salads and soups). They are the best way to get plenty of fibre, vitamins and other antioxidants - the basis of a strong defence against cancer and heart disease.

Eat a couple of servings of protein a day to maintain healthy skin, muscles and tissues. Choose from lean meat, fish, poultry, eggs and soya.

Eat one or two servings of dairy products daily. They provide calcium for strong bones, as well as B vitamins and protein. Try to stick to lower fat, e.g. skimmed or semi-skimmed, milk and yoghurt.

Cut down on fat. Trim fat off meat and take skin off chicken. Throw away the deep fryer, swap butter for low-fat spread and aviod accompanying your foods with mayonnaise or cream.

Go easy on sugar. Eat less sugary foods and confectionery like chocolate, sweets and full sugar fizzy drinks. Keep your alcohol intake within healthy limits (2-3 units daily for women, 3-4 units daily for men).

Skatoony
30-07-2006, 22:55
You have scored 43 points, you are eating a well-balanced diet but could do better.Now that's rather surprising at my age :erm:

Shaun
30-07-2006, 22:57
You have scored 57 points, you are eating a well-balanced diet, well done.

:tu:

MadGamer
30-07-2006, 23:02
You have scored 43 points, you are eating a well-balanced diet but could do better.

Kliro
30-07-2006, 23:29
54 :)

TheDaddy
30-07-2006, 23:36
47 :) Aren't we all healthy :)

greencreeper
30-07-2006, 23:44
36. Utter ********. Bloody nutrition - totally out of touch with the real world. How am I supposed to eat 5 portions of fruit and veg a day when I only eat twice a day and don't like fruit? I'm not a rabbit. I have 30 mins for lunch, 15 mins of which is taken up walking to and from Boots to get a meal deal. I work in a call centre - munching whilst on the phone is totally out of order. I don't do it and I don't tolerate it in others. And who eats wholegrain rice or pasta? May as well chew carpet off-cuts and save electric/gas. Breakfast! Where am I supposed to find the time? I usually feel ill eating on a morning anyway. Can of diet coke suffices until lunch. Sooooo annoys me does this healthy eating lark.

daz300
31-07-2006, 00:15
You have scored 53 points, you are eating a well-balanced diet, well done.

You can congratulate yourself on eating a diet that's as balanced as most people find it practically possible to eat. Remember it's important not to get too obsessed with eating healthily though; there are no good and bad foods - only good and bad diets. So, if you want to let your hair down occasionally with fatty or sugary foods, go ahead.

pedantic
31-07-2006, 00:19
38 :erm:

I think the weekend drinkypoo's cost me a few points. oops:

Maggy
31-07-2006, 00:21
I scored 58 points.However as I've just recently resumed a diet programme how can it be any other way...What I was eating a month ago doesn't bear thinking about.:D

Nothing like being given a health scare to get one on the treadmill again..As soon as I get my balance back I think I'll buy a bike as I've no time to take long healthy brisk walks.;)

homealone
31-07-2006, 00:35
I scored 58 points.However as I've just recently resumed a diet programme how can it be any other way...What I was eating a month ago doesn't bear thinking about.:D

Nothing like being given a health scare to get one on the treadmill again..As soon as I get my balance back I think I'll buy a bike as I've no time to take long healthy brisk walks.;)

walk before you bike - start with 5 minutes, if you have 'no time' for walking, why do you think a bike will change anything???? :D

Graham M
31-07-2006, 00:37
You have scored 37 points, your diet could be improved.

Your diet is not too bad, but could do with some improvements. You don't need to completely start again; just improve the balance of foods you eat.
Try to bump up your fruit ands vegetable intake (especially brightly-coloured or deep-green ones that are richest in disease protective antioxidants), and reduce your intake of fat, particularly saturated fat in foods like full-fat dairy products, fatty meats and biscuits. Base your meals on starchy foods like pasta, rice and bread, and swap crisps and confectionery for fresh fruit, raisins or plain nuts. If you are eating fast food, pass up the fries and choose grilled burgers without mayonnaise, vegetable pizzas, or salads.

Maggy
31-07-2006, 00:55

walk before you bike - start with 5 minutes, if you have 'no time' for walking, why do you think a bike will change anything???? :D

Because I like riding a bike..it's flat round here.It's easy to park and I got fit that way when losing weight before.Don't worry I'm not going out and buying a bike just yet...I'll be needing to get rid of my present infection first.;)

Gareth
31-07-2006, 01:14
You have scored 41 points, your diet could be improved.

Try to bump up your fruit ands vegetable intake (especially brightly-coloured or deep-green ones that are richest in disease protective antioxidants), and reduce your intake of fat, particularly saturated fat in foods like full-fat dairy products, fatty meats and biscuits. Base your meals on starchy foods like pasta, rice and bread, and swap crisps and confectionery for fresh fruit, raisins or plain nuts. If you are eating fast food, pass up the fries and choose grilled burgers without mayonnaise, vegetable pizzas, or salads. Matches the health check I had at work recently... need to eat more rabbit food.

Nidge
02-08-2006, 14:23
I got the same.:D

smicer07
02-08-2006, 14:34
You have scored 42 points, you are eating a well-balanced diet but could do better.

Jules
02-08-2006, 14:42
I will have to try it later as the link seems to be down at the moment

Ramrod
02-08-2006, 14:42
Cr*p questionnaire.........it doesn't allow for not spreading anything on bread (it assumes we all spread something fatty on it)
It places great stock by dairy produce consumption when some of us are allergic to dairy and get plenty of calcium from other sources. (it has been demonstrated that dairy intake isn't a the main predictor/reason for of strong bones in women-excersise is...)

Pumpkin
02-08-2006, 14:52
'You have scored 62 points, you are eating a well-balanced diet, well done.

You can congratulate yourself on eating a diet that's as balanced as most people find it practically possible to eat. Remember it's important not to get too obsessed with eating healthily though; there are no good and bad foods - only good and bad diets. So, if you want to let your hair down occasionally with fatty or sugary foods, go ahead.'

I think I'll go and polish my halo next :D

Nugget
02-08-2006, 16:28
'You have scored 62 points, you are eating a well-balanced diet, well done.

You can congratulate yourself on eating a diet that's as balanced as most people find it practically possible to eat. Remember it's important not to get too obsessed with eating healthily though; there are no good and bad foods - only good and bad diets. So, if you want to let your hair down occasionally with fatty or sugary foods, go ahead.'

I think I'll go and polish my halo next :D

Without purring any of the details in, suffice to say that I got 31 :disturbd:

Pumpkin
02-08-2006, 17:24

I'm surprised you scored that highly, beer isn't a vegetable and ciggies aren't fruit and crisps are definitely not classed as oily fish even the prawn cocktail flavour ;)

yesman
02-08-2006, 17:25

Were you stroking your pussy when you took that test Nug ? ;)

zing_deleted
02-08-2006, 17:32
You have scored 56 points, you are eating a well-balanced diet, well done.

well I am on a very strict diet

handyman
02-08-2006, 18:05
40 points for me :-)
Utter rubbish though because I do eat 5 portions of fruit/veg per day.

Nugget
02-08-2006, 20:05
Were you stroking your pussy when you took that test Nug ? ;)

Well, you've got to do something you enjoy when you're slowly killing yourself, haven't you :disturbd:

---------- Post added at 20:05 ---------- Previous post was at 20:04 ----------

I'm surprised you scored that highly, beer isn't a vegetable and ciggies aren't fruit and crisps are definitely not classed as oily fish even the prawn cocktail flavour ;)

I should think not - prawn cocktail's 'orrible :D

Anyway, crisps come from potato - what more do you want :p:

LSainsbury
03-08-2006, 09:20
You have scored 55 points, you are eating a well-balanced diet, well done.

So why do I still look like I have a beer belly?

Paulie
03-08-2006, 09:49
You have scored 52 points, you are eating a well-balanced diet, well done.

Sweet :D But not too sweet.

orangebird
03-08-2006, 09:53
You have scored 51 points, you are eating a well-balanced diet, well done.

better than i thought it'd be. :erm:

Saying that, I am on a diet at the moment, so that's probably the reason.

Paulie
03-08-2006, 10:07
Saying that, I am on a diet at the moment, so that's probably the reason.

Women and summer diets :D

orangebird
03-08-2006, 10:21
Women and summer diets :D
No, one woman and a wedding dress to get into... :erm:

Ramrod
03-08-2006, 10:24
No, one woman and a wedding dress to get into... :erm:When is the big day?

orangebird
03-08-2006, 10:26
When is the big day?
9 days!!!!

Ramrod
03-08-2006, 10:29
We will be expecting pictures you know! :D

Paulie
03-08-2006, 10:36
No, one woman and a wedding dress to get into... :erm:

Nice one. You will look great whatever ;)

My wife tired (or tried to try) hers on the other day :Yikes: erm didn`t quite fit anymore.