PDA

View Full Version : Loneliness

Tinky
28-07-2006, 20:59
When my Mum passed away, my Dad kept saying how lonely he was. I found that very strange because his neighbours were always popping in and out, on some pretext or other. Someone once said you can be lonely in a crowded room, and I truly believe this. I had occassion to be alone yesterday when my hubby went on an all day golf outing, believe me the time just dragged. What about these poor people who have no body to call on them 24-7? Doesn't bear thinking about!:bigcry:

tick
28-07-2006, 21:46
It is very sad to be alone

kronas
28-07-2006, 22:12
It is very sad to be alone

im starting to like it, less hassle, you can be yourself, if you need someone to talk to you can ring them, text them, come on the internet on msn, on the forums here, you can actually speak your mind, and not have everything you say be constantly scrutinized, hassled, bothered, if you have a differing opinion be slagged down...

Creative
28-07-2006, 22:20
im starting to like it, less hassle, you can be yourself, if you need someone to talk to you can ring them, text them, come on the internet on msn, on the forums here, you can actually speak your mind, and not have everything you say be constantly scrutinized, hassled, bothered, if you have a differing opinion be slagged down...

But you aren't mixing with people Kronas, you are picking the people you talk to. I think you may benefit from mixing with more people. Not just the ones you are comfortable with. It would help to build self confidence.
Bear in mind, there is not one member of this forum who's opinion is totally correct about everything.

Oh, except mine! ;)

The t'internet gives various forms of entertainment, but is no substitute for human interaction.

Cobbydaler
28-07-2006, 22:24
I've been alone for the last 3 months, for the first time in many. many years.

As kronas says, in some ways it's refreshing. You can do what you want, when you want. But I do miss the simple pleasure of instantly sharing your opinion on something with someone, & the day to day companionship.

kronas
28-07-2006, 22:35
But you aren't mixing with people Kronas, you are picking the people you talk to.

people, on this forum and some others i view are generally more receptive, responsive, disciplined, helpful, open, more curteous and more.....

compartively the people i meet outside the forum are the opposite and worse..

I think you may benefit from mixing with more people. Not just the ones you are comfortable with. It would help to build self confidence.

i tried to do it for two years years, it just never worked out, im spending less time with these individuals, im learning more, im less agressive, i can actually hold conversations which are not just rambling or 'not me'

Bear in mind, there is not one member of this forum who's opinion is totally correct about everything.

yep, but i hate people who think they are always right...

Oh, except mine! ;)

*ahem :D

The t'internet gives various forms of entertainment, but is no substitute for human interaction.

i absolutely agree, but i hope you see my points, its quite difficult to put it in to words, alot of people i know have agendas as to how they want mould you, teach you...... i know its wierd world out there, but i was out of the social loop all my life up untill two years ago, i did just fine back then and will do so in the future.

---------- Post added at 22:35 ---------- Previous post was at 22:33 ----------

As kronas says, in some ways it's refreshing. You can do what you want, when you want. But I do miss the simple pleasure of instantly sharing your opinion on something with someone, & the day to day companionship.

the only thing i want at the moment is a girlfreind, my life would be complete right now if i did, but it never happens so im not forcing it, the internet is a diffarent release for me..

Creative
28-07-2006, 22:48
I see your side Kronas, but I don't agree. You HAVE to learn how to stop the people you feel are bad influences being such influences. Nobody, even perfect me, has a group of day to day people they interact with, with whom they agree with all the time. Discussions, disagreements and reasoned thought out arguments are a part of life.

How can you meet a girlfriend, when you aren't mixing with new people?

I think you are placing yourself as a victim, or picked upon person. You are giving up, in my opinion. You are still very young, despite what you think. You seriously need to find new people to mix with. Do you live where you do to be close to family?

kronas
28-07-2006, 23:04
I see your side Kronas, but I don't agree. You HAVE to learn how to stop the people you feel are bad influences being such influences.

how ? you cant stop someone from being ass if they are naturally an ass, you cant stop someone who is on drugs or alcohol and trying to 'push' you in to it, despite all the no's or protestations, you cant stop a guy from talking about you converting to religion when hes so passionate about his religion, yet when you respectfuly say no, or give your reasons, you still get the education......no lecture that you have heard a billion times already, you can mentally read that person almost word for word on what hes going to say about it.

Nobody, even perfect me, has a group of day to day people they interact with, with whom they agree with all the time. Discussions, disagreements and reasoned thought out arguments are a part of life.

i have disagreements on here, in everyday life with my family etc, but its not always the same 'agree to disagree' notion, its the IM RIGHT thing.

How can you meet a girlfriend, when you aren't mixing with new people?

i never said i was totally isolated, i still go out regularly, see people, speak to them etc, if i can help someone i do.

I think you are placing yourself as a victim, or picked upon person. You are giving up, in my opinion.

erm no, even my close freind has a simaler opinion of his other freinds, ive seen the actions of these people and hes right, would you seriously converse with someone who is pompus, arrogant, and a paedophile....

You are still very young, despite what you think. You seriously need to find new people to mix with. Do you live where you do to be close to family?

i do need to find new people, but everyone i meet seems to be like those above statements i talked about and in my others posts, or young chavs, punks, immature, childish, we all have flaws hell i do, but i know when to calm down or be respectful, truthful etc.

Pia
28-07-2006, 23:49
I believe that you cannot make someone else happy unless you are happy to be in your own company.

It isn't nice to be lonely, a lot of people out there have nobody, not even internet contacts, i am lucky enough to have a lot of friends and even internet friends, and whenever i feel down about being single/alone i always think that there are people out there that are truly alone, and will die alone.

That could happen to anyone of us for any reason, and those of us who are lucky enough to be able to choose who we want to spend our time with should really make the most of it and appreicate our friends and family and associates.

:)

kronas
28-07-2006, 23:50
I believe that you cannot make someone else happy unless you are happy to be in your own company.

It isn't nice to be lonely, a lot of people out there have nobody, not even internet contacts, i am lucky enough to have a lot of friends and even internet friends, and whenever i feel down about being single/alone i always think that there are people out there that are truly alone, and will die alone.

That could happen to anyone of us for any reason, and those of us who are lucky enough to be able to choose who we want to spend our time with should really make the most of it and appreicate our friends and family and associates.

:)

:tu:

totally agree :)

ZrByte
29-07-2006, 00:45

Sounds like you have been hangin around with the wrong people mate, My friends and more importantly my girlfriend do none of the above unless its in a messing about sort of way (Me and my girlfriend have been annoying the hell out of our friends with what they reffer to as the longest apathetic domestic in history).