PDA

View Full Version : Good and Bad points owhen dealing with NTL

berniemills
28-07-2006, 10:07
I have recently just spent quite some time interacting with NTL and I wanted to pass on the good and bad points that arose.

I have several opportunities to chat to sales, IT support and customer support staff at NTL over the phone. Top marks to them for their work. They where professional, courteous and solved my problems very quickly. Well done.

Unfortunately I cannot say the same for the installation engineers. Bottom marks for them. They turned up late even though they had a 5 hr window to aim for. They had no idea what the actual job was. Then after I explained what the jobs was they jumped at doing the easy bit of swapping over my set top box without fixing the wiring that I had arrange with customer service. Clearly they where just being lazy and hoping to get off without doing the full job but still getting paid. Shame on them. They gent kept saying that "It was not on my job sheet" when the actual job he quoted was completely wrong. They were however easily able to change the job sheet so it looked like they had done the job and of course they would get paid for the installation without actually doing what I had arranged. In the end I let them go without doing the full job because the conversation with them was very unpleasant and I was actually looking after a young child at the time.

Its a pity NTL have people working for them like this. They are doing such good things with the web site and obviously with the customer service but the people they send into your house have no idea how to talk to customers and are destroying any faith customers have of them.

NTL really must do better.

MovedGoalPosts
28-07-2006, 10:30
:welcome: to Cable Forum :tu:

Have you contacted ntl since this poor install to let them know your views. If the install is incomplete then unless you tell ntl nothing will happen, and these type of contractors will not get picked up on their attitude. It is however very likely that the installers were not given the right information and that's down to ntl's offices to improve their systems.

berniemills
29-07-2006, 21:25
I agree it was possible that NTL did not passing on the correct information to the installation team. NTL however might have passed them on exactly the correct information and they chose to do what ever they felt like. The install team attidude was completely wrong. They had no idea what they were doing and I knew exactly what they were there to do but they chose to ignore that fact and keep going on about jobs sheet and not getting paid for the work. At one point I thought they were doing it deliberately to try and get me to pay them extra cah in hand. They then acted as if it was very hard to fix the issue when clearly it was not. 2 minutes on a mobile and he changed the job sheet description to suit himself. I agree I should contact NTL but I have wasted enough time on them. They should be monitoring this sort of thing themselves. If I was paying a contractor to go out and do my company business for me then I would be checking up on them very carefully. This is obvious. If I get a call or a feedback card through the post then they deserve a reply otherwise they do not deserve my time. Thanks anyway for the comment Rob.