PDA

View Full Version : Streetwars

jellybaby
25-07-2006, 18:24
How much fun does THIS (http://streetwars.net/london2006.php) look like :D

MovedGoalPosts
25-07-2006, 18:31
Not quite sure exactly what it's all about, but it was on my radio news this morning (Heart 1062) that the police are critical of it.

gazzae
25-07-2006, 18:36
Not quite sure exactly what it's all about, but it was on my radio news this morning (Heart 1062) that the police are critical of it.

The idea is that you have details of someone your supposed to "assassinate" You have to "kill" them using a water pistol, if you do then they give you the details of who they are supposed to assassinate and you go after them. This keeps going until you receive your own details then you win.

Derek
25-07-2006, 19:09
Great.

Lots of nutters running about with water pistols in their hands/belts. I bet CO19 will be loving the overtime.

*IF* they were only using blatantly fake weapons, ie. bright orange all over, then maybe it would be fun but if you were using a weapon with possibly an orange tip and someone saw it in your pocket or bag get prepared to be aquainted with the ground till the police check it out.

It does seem like a bit of a sick idea though. I wonder how long it will be till the Daily Mail come out with a 'Stop this sick hitman training game' headline.

Maggy
25-07-2006, 19:22
Great.

Lots of nutters running about with water pistols in their hands/belts. I bet CO19 will be loving the overtime.

*IF* they were only using blatantly fake weapons, ie. bright orange all over, then maybe it would be fun but if you were using a weapon with possibly an orange tip and someone saw it in your pocket or bag get prepared to be aquainted with the ground till the police check it out.

It does seem like a bit of a sick idea though. I wonder how long it will be till the Daily Mail come out with a 'Stop this sick hitman training game' headline.

Tomorrow morning?:erm:

punky
25-07-2006, 19:28
Great.

Quite probably, but you can also use things like water balloons and obviously fake super-soakers. In fact non-realistic weapons would be more preferable for the purposes of range...

Wicked_and_Crazy
25-07-2006, 20:11
How much fun does THIS (http://streetwars.net/london2006.php) look like :D

thought you had been to the Triangle ;)

Druchii
25-07-2006, 20:13
Looks fun, but thinking about it, would you want a total stranger having that much information on you?

Plus of course isn't it promoting violence even if it is playful violence? We already have problems with waterbombs within our college, and did at our school in sheffield. Surely this isn't good for such a widespread playing area.

For a local park though, i would of said yes :)

TheNorm
25-07-2006, 20:17
Wasn't this idea a sub-plot in a film? Or was it an episode of Columbo?

SnoopZ
25-07-2006, 21:14
I'd like to get my gun out and squirt her. :D

Lara croft anyone. ;)

Stephen
25-07-2006, 21:35
I saw this in an Episode of CSI: New York. Needless to say it went a bit wrong, lol.

TheNorm
26-07-2006, 09:23
I saw this in an Episode of CSI: New York. Needless to say it went a bit wrong, lol.

Yes, thank you. Episode 215, Fare Game: http://www.csifiles.com/episodes/newyork/season2/fare_game.shtml

Mac, Stella and Det. Flack uncover the latest fantasy game sweeping New Yorkers of every class and status -- an assassination game called "water gun wars," where each player receives a pack of photos from an unknown source, and then must track and shoot their targets with a water gun or balloon before another player kills them first.