PDA

View Full Version : Buh-Bye David O'Leary

Gareth
22-07-2006, 10:12
So, with Dreary gone, who does everyone think is gonna take up the mantle next?

Will it be Curbishley? ...or Cowans? ...or maybe even Sven?!?

gazzae
22-07-2006, 11:13
Curbs has said he dosn't want the job.

Gareth
22-07-2006, 18:49
Damn, he'd have been better than Cowans.

I had heard he'd be interested if Deadly Doug was ousted... maybe now would be a good time for DE to show how much he's supposed to care about the Villa and sell his shares to a filthy rich foreigner.

There's all this talk about how Villa should be the next big thing - let's get a dodgy Russian in on the act, and then get Curbs in charge and prove it!

TheDaddy
23-07-2006, 16:45
According to the paper Graham Souness is a front runner :D

Gareth
24-07-2006, 10:13
Oh no... not Souness. He was alright at Rangers, but overall he hasn't really performed that well since - with the exception of Blackburn.

Not sure he'd be the right person for the mighty Villa.

Gareth
24-07-2006, 20:11
Now this would be good...

http://icbirmingham.icnetwork.co.uk/0200sport/globalsport/tm_objectid=17436874&method=full&siteid=50002&headline=us-businessman-sets-sights-on-villa-name_page.html

Randy Lerner, who is richer than Glazer, at the top and Klinsmann running the ship. This would be cool :cool:

TheDaddy
24-07-2006, 21:14
I have got a feeling that there is a rule that prohibits American Football team owners from buying another sporting interest, which is one of the reasons why there were so many problems at Man Utd.

Nugget
24-07-2006, 22:37
I have got a feeling that there is a rule that prohibits American Football team owners from buying another sporting interest, which is one of the reasons why there were so many problems at Man Utd.

Actually, I think that they're not allowed to own another American sports club. As for the problems with Glazer buying Manu, I understood that there were concerns within the Man u board, and Glazer had trouble with the finance side of it...

gazzae
24-07-2006, 22:48
Actually, I think that they're not allowed to own another American sports club.

It prevents them from owing a sports team in another NFL region. Taking Glazer for an example he could own the Tampa Bay Devil Rays as they are in his region but he couldn't own say the NY Rangers.