PDA

View Full Version : Cancelling NTL Services

Oz_Arnold
08-12-2003, 18:34
I need some help - I spent most of Saturday trying to find a contact address to write to, to cancel my NTLWorld dialup. Having p*ssed around with support phone numbers, customer services, emails to NTLWorld support that get returned saying the address is no longer monitored and, finally, the web forms that don't actually send, I ended up emailing NTL Freedom support telling them that I wanted to cancel my dialup.

I'm fully expecting a response saying that it's not an acceptable way of telling them this, so I would like to know the address that I write to so that I can finally notify them in black and white. I did see it on *cough* similarly titled .com site ;) but, of course, it's now gone.

Also, as Sky is on the way in early Jan, I'm going to want to ditch the whole lot - can somebody tell me the address I need there, assuming it's different from the NTLWorld/Freedom one? I don't what to end up spending hours and hours on hold again (no lie), like I did last Saturday when I should have been packing to go on holiday on the Sunday.

Cheers for any useful info!

Oz (in warm, if not sunny, Cyprus!) :D

Mick
08-12-2003, 20:01
Hi Oz_Arnold.

There should be a contact address on the back of your bill. Failing that look on the following page for any useful information:-

http://www.nthellworld.co.uk/?page=info

HTH.

gavnad
08-12-2003, 20:11
ntl group ltd
customer care
po box 125
swansea
sa7 9bf

30 days notice in writing

Oz_Arnold
10-12-2003, 06:32
Thanks for the info, gents

lemarsh
10-12-2003, 08:01
You should be able to cancel all by telephoneing customer support (0800 0522 2000).

There may be a bit of a wait in a queue (now that is surprising...:grind: , but once through, I found that they could cancel the whole service (Broadband, TV & Telephone)

.... any Sky is coming on Friday.....yipeeeeeeeeeeeee
:waving: (To NTL, not this site!)

Oz_Arnold
15-12-2003, 08:23
You should be able to cancel all by telephoneing customer support (0800 0522 2000).

There may be a bit of a wait in a queue (now that is surprising...:grind: , but once through, I found that they could cancel the whole service (Broadband, TV & Telephone)

.... any Sky is coming on Friday.....yipeeeeeeeeeeeee
:waving: (To NTL, not this site!)

I'm back off my hols so have more time to spend on this now. NTL Freedom Customer Support have replied suggesting that I contact the generic Customer Support, as you did Lee, but I copied Peter Savage, the South Director, in on my note and he has responded saying that he has frowarded my note to the Director responsible for NTLFreedom. Fair play to him. :tu:

Oz_Arnold
12-01-2004, 12:47
I've just had Sky installed this morning, and then got straight on the phone to Customer Services. I had no hold in the queue for "changing" my package and the whole effort took me five minutes tops. The boxes are already bundled up along with all cabling that isn't hardwired ready to be collected next month.

I've yet to get a bank statement so will see if my ntlFreedom account has been cancelled but figures crossed it has - thanks to all who have helped on here and if all goes smoothly with cancellation, then it'll be time for me.

Cheers all, and keep up the good work! :ghugs:

Oz

Oz_Arnold
31-01-2004, 08:15
I've just had Sky installed this morning, and then got straight on the phone to Customer Services. I had no hold in the queue for "changing" my package and the whole effort took me five minutes tops. The boxes are already bundled up along with all cabling that isn't hardwired ready to be collected next month.

I've yet to get a bank statement so will see if my ntlFreedom account has been cancelled but figures crossed it has - thanks to all who have helped on here and if all goes smoothly with cancellation, then it'll be time for me.

Cheers all, and keep up the good work! :ghugs:

Oz

Knew it was too good to be true! Well, I'm still being billed for ntlFreedom and they are charging me £12 for access and set-top boxes for Feb 07 - Mar 06, even though they are coming to disconnect me on the Feb 11. That seems a lot to me - you guys agree?

I've re-emailed ntlWorld support with the cancellation notification I sent them in December, and I'm about to speak to Customer Services querying the bill. Apart from that I'm going to let that payment go through (cos frankly I can't really be arsed to get into a huge communication with NTL over it) and then ask my bank to stop all DD's from 14th Feb, one day after the last correct payment is due.

I'm aware I'll need to notify ntlFreedom and ntl themselves and I'll keep a copy of all my letters so, assuming that they will send threating letters at some point in the future, I can prove that 1) I cancelled everything legitimately and 2) I notified them at each stage of my action.

A pox on them!

Macca
31-01-2004, 09:40
[QUOTE=Oz_Arnold]Knew it was too good to be true! Well, I'm still being billed for ntlFreedom and they are charging me £12 for access and set-top boxes for Feb 07 - Mar 06, even though they are coming to disconnect me on the Feb 11. That seems a lot to me - you guys agree?

/QUOTE]

Unfortunately Oz that is how the billing system works, it will continue to bill as normal (1 month in advance) until the disconnect is completed on system then it credits your ntl account with the amount you overpaid, 12/02/04 to 06/03/04. So you should receive a bill for Mar07 to Apr06 showing you in credit.

:)

Oz_Arnold
05-03-2004, 10:20
Unfortunately Oz that is how the billing system works, it will continue to bill as normal (1 month in advance) until the disconnect is completed on system then it credits your ntl account with the amount you overpaid, 12/02/04 to 06/03/04. So you should receive a bill for Mar07 to Apr06 showing you in credit.

:)

Thanks, you are quite right - got a £10 credit this month.

However I'm still paying for the NTL dialup which I haven't been able to use since I swapped to a BT line back in December, despite me asking several people (Freedom Support twice, CS three times, NTL SE Director once) to cancel it.

Well I have just torn Olly, the CS chap, a new ass today. I feel sorry for the guy really, cos it's nothing to do with him but my patience has long expired for NTL. I hope it has been recorded cos it'll make an interesting training piece!

Anyway he's cancelled my dialup account there and then, and deleted both methods of billing (DD and CC continuation) plus they've offered to refund all monies taken since the DD stopped working.

Fair play to him for handling a very angry customer well :nworthy:

We'll wait and see if I get the refund though! ;)

Matuka
24-04-2004, 11:11
Unfortunately, my attempsts at cancelling over the phone seem to be being ignored today, I just get the "you must do that with customer relations" line.

Customer relations is only open during normal working hours, not very customer relation like... :(

So I'm going to write the letter that I will sent to them, can someone tell me what I should be saying in it?

I recon that I should be able to cancell the services 1 month from the date of the letter that I send, so it will most likely be 26th may.
And will my dservices all still be on until that date? or will someone turn them off before?

What sort of incentive am I likely to get to stay (if any?) not that I want to.

threadbare
24-04-2004, 12:29
why not just go online and change it to a penny minute acc?

as long as u dont use it - u dont get charged.....