PDA

View Full Version : NTL Reminder Call

Pia
18-07-2006, 23:08
I did try searching forums but never found anything about this..

Anyway, i added the features bundle to my phone line, but i only wanted some of them, so i rang and asked them to take the number withholding one, and the voicemail. While i was on the phone i asked what exactly Reminder Call is..

She said that if i missed a call while i was out then i would get some phone call to let me know:confused:

I looked it up on the internet and it seems she was talking bull cos it's actually an alarm call. I've wanted this for ages though because my alarm never wakes me up on a morning only my house phone does so i usually get someone to ring me cos i'm a heavy sleeper.

So, i rang NTL today and asked them (again) to take off the 2 features i'd already said i don't want but they hadn't got rid of:rolleyes: And asked her how to do the alarm call thing..

She said it's * 55 * TIME #
But it doesn't work.

Can anyone tell me a bit more about it because i'm at work in the morning and i keep sleeping through my alarm so it'd be handy if something actually worked for once:(

SnoopZ
18-07-2006, 23:43
Just googled it for you Pia and i see the same info on this PDF. :)

Did you dial it as a 24hr clock?

Reminder Call
To set up a single call (24 hr period)* Dial ✱ 55 ✱ , dial alarm time, then #
To cancel a single call Dial # 55 ✱ , dial alarm time, then #
To interrogate all single calls Dial ✱ # 55 #
* Note: Dial in 24 hour clock format ie 5pm=1700

http://intranet.salford.ac.uk/telephone/features.pdf

Pia
18-07-2006, 23:57
yeah i've seen that pdf too when i googled and i did it properly but i just get the long continuios bleep type tone,.

SnoopZ
19-07-2006, 00:06
yeah i've seen that pdf too when i googled and i did it properly but i just get the long continuios bleep type tone,.

I'm stumped then. I tried in on mine knowing i didn't have that service enabled on my phone and i got a message saying it wasn't available for me. So it does look like it is enabled for you, just strange it doesn't work. :confused: