PDA

View Full Version : NTL and OWA

arj
08-12-2003, 15:59
Thanx for the quick replies for my last post...
Here's another one... :)
We've got our MS exchange server set up for Web access, all my users can connect OK except for anyone on an NTL broadband link (150k).
Do NTL block/throttle Outlook web access??
As I understand it it should only be using HTTP, so none of those blocked ports should affect it.

Cheers
AJ

Paul
08-12-2003, 19:28
That would be my understanding since it uses standard http. Maybe the proxies are screwing it - would you be able to post or pm a url ?

MovedGoalPosts
08-12-2003, 21:23
I use Outlook Web Access to check up in the evenings or weekends, on my office email, diary, etc. This is on a ntl:home 600 connection, and all works fine. It worked straight away, once I had set up the office exchange server (part of Small Business Server 2000) to allow it. All I had to do was to work out the IP address of my work's ADSL connection.

On the other hand I would use VPN if I could get that to work (something to do with my office server's settings I think), and of course VPN wasn't "banned" by ntl.

zovat
08-12-2003, 21:53
On the other hand I would use VPN if I could get that to work (something to do with my office server's settings I think), and of course VPN wasn't "banned" by ntl.

I have sent you a PM regarding this - I may have an answer depending on what client you are using :D

arj
12-12-2003, 14:47
The only way I got around it was using Opera on the client.
Strangley enough new installations of WindowsXP and IE whatever (fully patched or not) work OK.

Thanx for the replies
Cheers
AJ

Derek
12-12-2003, 15:15
I can access an Exchange web access site using Win XP and IE6 but not with any other browser.