PDA

View Full Version : moving house problem - warwickshire,

tomw3uk
16-07-2006, 17:53
Hi guys,
serious problem,

i'm trying to get cable in my new house, the road i live on has cable,

but my flat is surposedly unserviceable,

i'm less than 40m from the small flap on the pavement (cable round outside of house) and have the permision of the landlord,

i've tried to get another engineer out to check but still cant get anyone to turn up as the system wont let them send anyone out to install due to the failed install previous,

anyone know a engineer in Leamington Spa who would have a quick check and see if it is possible so I can push for it to be done, i'd obviously pay for the inconvienience with tea or beer and travel/ time costs.

thanks
Tom

Red Robin
27-07-2006, 08:38
Tom
I'll try to help, if I can. Sorry no one has been able to help so far.

Flats are notoriously difficult things for ntl. We need full "wayleave" consent from the block owner (or managing company if it's private flats), and also rights to cross the land leading to the block. We then have to pre-wire the entire block in most cases. The only exception to this is very small conversions, or in some cases, flats above shops, maisonettes, etc. in which case we can just sometimes get consent from the property below. I'm not sure which sort of flat you have?

Without looking at your individual case, it's probably impossible to say. However most planning departments can do this within ntl without needing a site visit, although if it's ambiguous we can always send someone to confirm.

If you can PM me some details of exactly where you are, and how someone can get in touch with you, I'll try to get an appropriate planner to have a look.

Hope this helps a little.

Red Robin