PDA

View Full Version : stand by for a carve up!

peachey
08-12-2003, 12:19
council tax 'rebanding' is being

"tested" in Wales first

so they can see how we react to being carved up with stealth taxes

to prop up councilors pension funds so they can all retire early on the sick

Escapee
08-12-2003, 12:40

"tested" in Wales first

Living in a small Welsh valley town costs me more in council tax than living in Cardiff. Our local council have just brought in a scheme to pay off the local councilors who are too old, ill to carry out their duties and are willing to give up their posts. I understand that quite a few have registered for this scheme before the closing date because it's financially very good for them.

It somehow doesn't feel fair that these people mostly in their 70's are getting a nice big payoff voted by themselves at our expense.

peachey
08-12-2003, 12:49
Living in a small Welsh valley town costs me more in council tax than living in Cardiff. Our local council have just brought in a scheme to pay off the local councilors who are too old, ill to carry out their duties and are willing to give up their posts. I understand that quite a few have registered for this scheme before the closing date because it's financially very good for them.

It somehow doesn't feel fair that these people mostly in their 70's are getting a nice big payoff voted by themselves at our expense.

I know - it's well dodgy that

...and there's nothing to stop them taking up another post after they have been paid off

so basically its a "bung" from the public purse and if you ask me is out and out corruption

aliferste
08-12-2003, 17:35
I hate the council tax............it makes me feel sick!

Russ
08-12-2003, 17:38

"tested" in Wales first

I'll give you your due, you've certainly done a lot of research on Wales :)