PDA

View Full Version : Free installation in July??

SilverLady
13-07-2006, 16:23
I am an existing customer of Telewest and noted on their website that the offer of free installation of a new service bought online was open to existing customers during July. Does this apply to upgrading to HD Drive and if not, where does it exclude this in the wording?

Chris W
13-07-2006, 16:30
:welcome:

If you have looked at the wording and it doesn't excluding the TV Drive, then presumably it does include the TV Drive...

SilverLady
13-07-2006, 16:47
Well I took the plunge and phoned Telewest. Person I spoke to read the Telewest website 'Special Offers for Existing Customers' 'Free Installation in July' and agreed it did say installation of any TV service was free, but insisted this was not the case for HD Drive and there would be a charge of £75 for installation unless I kept my existing box for £5 a month. I still don't agree with this as HD Drive is a TV service, but got nowhere so gave up.

Ignatius
13-07-2006, 17:25
Well I took the plunge and phoned Telewest. Person I spoke to read the Telewest website 'Special Offers for Existing Customers' 'Free Installation in July' and agreed it did say installation of any TV service was free, but insisted this was not the case for HD Drive and there would be a charge of £75 for installation unless I kept my existing box for £5 a month. I still don't agree with this as HD Drive is a TV service, but got nowhere so gave up.

Advertising standards?

Chris W
13-07-2006, 23:09
they could argue that going from a standard tv service to a TV drive is an upgrade, not an installation- hence probably get away with it.

cuggle
14-07-2006, 12:21
i`ve upgraded to tvdrive and it was only free installation if i kept the existing digital box in another room for £5 per month.

SilverLady
15-07-2006, 17:37
Thanks for your views on this. My family have looked at website and think Telewest must have put something in the wording that excludes TV Drive from the July offer of free installation, although it isn't obvious what excludes it.

Will either have to go down the path of free installation if I keep the existing box for £5 a month, or wait to see if there are any other offers. May even consider Sky as we still have our satellite dish and box from a few years ago.

thelem
16-07-2006, 00:17
So its £75 if you don't keep your old box, or £60 (12x£5) plus a box free for a year if you do keep it. Hmm.