PDA

View Full Version : No Satellite Signal is being received

Bob38
13-07-2006, 16:35
Afternoon,

I am getting the above message for a selection of SKY channels, the most annoying of which are the sports as I was enjoying the cricket. It only occurs for a few channels and the other ones are fine.

I have had the box for about 3 years without any issues, and get my feed from a hole in the wall that is connected to a common source for the complex of flats I live in.

Is this a case of the box needing replacement or is these some checks I can do to confirm whether it is an issue with the satellite signal itself.

I have contacted Sky and they have quoted me £65 just for a call out,

any ideas folks?

Graham M
13-07-2006, 16:59
Press Services on your remote, go into System Setup and find the screen for signal levels and let us know how they are!

Mine are attached

Bob38
13-07-2006, 17:37
Same screen as yours on the signal test although the bars for signal strength are at 100% and for signal quality at 50%

iain_herts
13-07-2006, 18:13
hi by checking ur signal levels from the box is not very good indication of how ur levels are.

as there are deferent levels like.

Horizntal - low
Horizntal - High
Vertical - low
vertical - high

if one of these have gone then u will see the no sat signal on some channels but no on them all.

also if u have a communal system check with the other people if they are haveing problems. If u book sky all we will be able to replace will be the box if its not the box then we wont be able to touch the dish as its a communal system you would have to contact who ever hows the building.

if there is anything else please feel free to ask.

iain

rick
13-07-2006, 21:37
Think i would take card out,power down for 5 minutes.Reboot wait 3 mins and then turn on

dilli-theclaw
13-07-2006, 21:39
Afternoon,

I am getting the above message for a selection of SKY channels, the most annoying of which are the sports as I was enjoying the cricket. It only occurs for a few channels and the other ones are fine.

I have had the box for about 3 years without any issues, and get my feed from a hole in the wall that is connected to a common source for the complex of flats I live in.

Is this a case of the box needing replacement or is these some checks I can do to confirm whether it is an issue with the satellite signal itself.

I have contacted Sky and they have quoted me £65 just for a call out,

any ideas folks?Phone them back and tell them that you'd like it fixed for FREE or you'll leave them and go elsewhere.

Nugget
13-07-2006, 22:37
Phone them back and tell them that you'd like it fixed for FREE or you'll leave them and go elsewhere.

To be honest, I'd bet that wouldn't work with Sky - until ntl reach the levels and technology that Sky have, where else would you go :shrug:

dilli-theclaw
13-07-2006, 22:41
Phone them back and tell them that you'd like it fixed for FREE or you'll leave them and go elsewhere.

To be honest, I'd bet that wouldn't work with Sky - until ntl reach the levels and technology that Sky have, where else would you go :shrug:It's worked when I've tried it(no problems for 2 years then they wanted to charge me i just told them to cancel the service then and they waived the call out fee).... Mind you I guess you've got to be in the position to follow through with your threat tho.

But if I had had no problems for nearly three years - i'd expect them to think about how they're gonna loose the customer for the sake of a call out.