PDA

View Full Version : Blatter's a diver

gazzae
07-07-2006, 14:45
The head man of FIFA, admits that he used to dive when he played..

I was not a perfect player, I have to say, being a striker I tried ... to get some advantages by joking with a player and then falling down by saying 'but he touched me'. And in fact it was not that. I did it.I think that all players - especially attacking players - they do it because you go into the 18-yard area and then you lose the ball because somebody takes it away. You are frustrated, and then in the frustration you do two things, either you try to get the ball back and then you commit a foul or you say 'but he touched me,' and then you fall down. I think this is a normal movement and I can understand the players acting like that. But now they are at the level of the World Cup and they are the professionals, so they should think about that, but it's in the game.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/worldcup2006/story/0,,1815301,00.html

sherer
07-07-2006, 15:11
well yet but inane ramblings from Blatter.. the sooner FIFA gets rid of him the better

what he should be saying is that FIFA is conducting a study to find out the cause and solution and will then have a meeting of the IFAB after doing that and sort the problem out

Hugh
07-07-2006, 15:15
Why not have post match video referees, and if anyone has dived, they miss a match (or two).

They could also do this for the defenders who "hug" the opposition players.

Legendary_PSR
08-07-2006, 00:50
Why not have post match video referees, and if anyone has dived, they miss a match (or two).

it's a good idea in theory, but determining from a replay(which is never a good representation of anything) whether a player dived, fell, tripped or lost his balance is difficult more often than not