PDA

View Full Version : Englands Turn to Cheer

Bengie
03-07-2006, 17:07
For all those who thought it was sick that the Scots wanted anyone except the English to win the world cup can now get revenge and cheer the fact that Murray is out of Wimbledon.

Derek
03-07-2006, 17:11
Funny I seem to remember Andy Murray playing in the BRITISH Davis Cup team. As such I'd think most BRITISH people would want him to do well.

If there were a BRITISH football team (say the 2012 Olympics) I'd support them. What I wouldn't support is an English, Welsh or Northern Irish team any more than any other country.

Are you clear enough the difference between BRITAIN and ENGLAND or would you like me to spell it out further for you? :rolleyes:

Bengie
03-07-2006, 17:12
He has Scottish emblems daubed all over his sweat bands not British.

I have always supported the home teams of whatever nation but was disgusted at the street interviews on the national news channels who couldn't find a Scottish person supporting England. When asked the reason they could only say "because".

Saaf_laandon_mo
03-07-2006, 17:13
as far as i can see he's not out yet!

Derek
03-07-2006, 17:14
He has Scottish emblems daubed all over his sweat bands not British

When he plays for the Scottish Davis Cup team you have a point. Until then he is a British player who is proud of being Scottish.

Do you think the Scots wanted Henman to lose his matches?

Bengie
03-07-2006, 17:20
Funny I seem to remember Andy Murray playing in the BRITISH Davis Cup team. As such I'd think most BRITISH people would want him to do well.

If there were a BRITISH football team (say the 2012 Olympics) I'd support them. What I wouldn't support is an English, Welsh or Northern Irish team any more than any other country.

Are you clear enough the difference between BRITAIN and ENGLAND or would you like me to spell it out further for you? :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong - I am cheering him on and willing him to win. I am like that, I stand up for the 'home' teams where ever they are from.

gazzae
03-07-2006, 17:23
I think reading the bbc live report of the match is better than watching it!

The two players walk out into the sunshine to cheers and applause. Murray, iPod headphones in, is carrying a bag of iced water and the usual enormous racquet bag. The other enormous thing is his hair - the curly mop is reminiscent of Bob Dylan's circa the Blonde On Blonde album.

Baghdatis goes to 30-0 in rapid time, allows Murray back in briefly and then closes the game out with a good deep forehand. He is sporting a large white headband over his hair, which is pulled into a tight high ponytail. It's a very Sporty Spice 1997 look. Who does he think he is - some kind of superstar? (Note to Cypriot readers - that was not a serious comment).

Murray is crumbing before our eyes. It's two breaks and four games on the bounce for Baghdatis, and Murray errors are doing half the job for him. Baghdatis might be just 21 years old, but he's making as much of his opportunity as an old veteran - forcing Murray back and then hitting him with the drop shot sucker punch. Forget 3am phone calls from Sean Connery - it's right now that Murray needs James Bond, or at the very least Q with some sort of cunning tennis-related gadget.

His mother Judy watches on, wearing Terminator-like mirrored shades. How useful it would be if she could travel back in time like Arnie to the start of this match to warn her son of the tribulations ahead...

After serving well for the game, he spends the entire changeover lecturing the official about chalk dust in a flat - yet angry - monotone. On reflection, Judy Murray's shades are more Matrix than Terminator. You could see Carrie-Ann Moss in them for sure.

pedantic
03-07-2006, 17:36
:cleader: :cleader: :cleader: :cleader:

Never mind Murray, there's alaways next year...and the year after.....and the year after.....and the year after. :D

Off you pop, back to jockland now. :D

zing_deleted
03-07-2006, 17:37
I really dont give a toss about tennis either

isomakkdragon
03-07-2006, 17:42
OK, let's see if we can be as imaginative as the Engerlish for finding a scapegoat for an early exit from a competition.

Nah, on second thoughts Andy was very poor and the other guy goes deservedly through as a very good winner and the very best of luck to him.

Oh yeah, and lets hope Shrek (Wayne Looney) gets his "baws" damaged by Carvalho the next time they play. :angel:

Enuff
03-07-2006, 17:43
I really dont give a toss about tennis eitherMe neither, I hear it's a bit of a racket!

OK, i'll get me coat :disturbd:

peanut
03-07-2006, 17:46
Glad he's out, he's way to up his own **** and way to cocky, he needs to be brought down a peg or Three.

pedantic
03-07-2006, 17:59
OK, let's see if we can be as imaginative as the Engerlish for finding a scapegoat for an early exit from a competition.

Nah, on second thoughts Andy was very poor and the other guy goes deservedly through as a very good winner and the very best of luck to him.

Oh yeah, and lets hope Shrek (Wayne Looney) gets his "baws" damaged by Carvalho the next time they play. :angel:

You mean Murray didn't do his usual excuse of calling for the trainer and complaining about a fictitious injury :shocked:

His conscience must be getting the better of him. :D

isomakkdragon
03-07-2006, 18:07
You mean Murray didn't do his usual excuse of calling for the trainer and complaining about a fictitious injury :shocked:

His conscience must be getting the better of him. :D

And the Engerland goalkeeper would never have been guilty of doing this during a match to waste a time and slow down the pace.

No never, honestly, the Engerland players are such good sports they don't dive like a big Gerrard in a friendly to win a penalty when the defender never even touched him or the domestic teams/national team never surround the ref "advising" on what course of action should be taken.

Wake up and smell the coco!

:p:

Legendary_PSR
03-07-2006, 18:17
the best example of an english player with no soul would be gerraint jones :)

Russ
03-07-2006, 18:23
Come on guys, can't you just be happy that Britain had a representative who managed to get as far as he did?

pedantic
03-07-2006, 18:27
And the Engerland goalkeeper would never have been guilty of doing this during a match to waste a time and slow down the pace.

No never, honestly, the Engerland players are such good sports they don't dive like a big Gerrard in a friendly to win a penalty when the defender never even touched him or the domestic teams/national team never surround the ref "advising" on what course of action should be taken.

Wake up and smell the coco!

:p:

Another scotsman who bites easily.

Stick around, you'll fit in nicely. :rofl:

isomakkdragon
03-07-2006, 18:32
Another scotsman

For someone who is a pedant you may wish to get your facts right first before you make assumptions on my Nationality.

lolpmsl@u

pedantic
03-07-2006, 18:51
For someone who is a pedant you may wish to get your facts right first before you make assumptions on my Nationality.

lolpmsl@u

Well, you come to the defence of a scotsman, it's very easy to make an assumption like that.

But hang on ! He has dragon in his username, surely nobody would be that stereotypically welsh.....could they ? ;)

You still bite easily BTW ;) :angel:

SnoopZ
03-07-2006, 19:04
the best example of an english player with no soul would be gerraint jones :)

Who?

isomakkdragon
03-07-2006, 19:13
Well, you come to the defence of a scotsman, it's very easy to make an assumption like that.

But hang on ! He has dragon in his username, surely nobody would be that stereotypically welsh.....could they ? ;)

You still bite easily BTW ;) :angel:

Wrong again! Never assume anything - it makes an ass of you and me.

Hmm, did you not reply to my initial post which was posted to wind up the initial poster who quite obviously couldn't wait to try and ease their "hurt". So whose the "biter". I for one do not care for this silly little Engerlish obsession with having another country support you when the national teams are indeed a separate entity.

Come on Ronald O.

And, may I ask who has Tim Henman got in this round?? :dozey:

The World is not laughing with Engerland but laughing at Engerland.

:)

Nugget
03-07-2006, 19:18
<snip>The World is not laughing with Engerland but laughing at Engerland.

:)

In fairness, I'm sure that the Paraguayans, Trinidadians, Toboggans (I still don't know what the people of Tobago are known as :disturbd: ), Ecuadorians and, to a certain degree, the Swedes may not agree :)

gooner4life
03-07-2006, 19:21
Cyprus could well be looking at there very first major international champion, so instead of laughing at Murray getting knocked out we should applaud the fact that a lesser nations player got so far.

All together then lets have 3 cheers for Murray and Bonnie Scotland :D

pedantic
03-07-2006, 19:22
<snip>

Erm......why would you be trying to wind up the OP ?

Don't get me wrong - I am cheering him on and willing him to win. I am like that, I stand up for the 'home' teams where ever they are from

He already said he was all in favour of the home nations. Your post makes little sense. :confused:

Legendary_PSR
03-07-2006, 19:23
Who?

england's wicket keeper who appeals for absolutely anything, regardless of whether the guy hit it or not

isomakkdragon
03-07-2006, 19:24
Erm......why would you be trying to wind up the OP ? He already said he was all in favour of the home nations. Your post makes little sense. :confused:

Still "biting".

lol

;)

ikthius
03-07-2006, 19:25
I hate tennis,

But I am glad he is out.

he always fakes injury, or blames injury or lack of training....... maybe lack of your own self worth (your not as big or as good as you think).

your not brilliant, and if you become number one in the world, then I will accept that you are good at a bad sport.

ik

pedantic
03-07-2006, 19:26
Still "biting".

lol

;)

Eh :confused: This get's more confusing the more you post.

You're from Finland then. :dozey:

Legendary_PSR
03-07-2006, 19:32
in murray's defense, he stands a better chance of winning wimbledon than henman ever did, and is generally a better player

well, he stands as good a chance as anybody considering federer and rafa are going to be around for ages anyway

Bengie
04-07-2006, 03:05
My great granny stands more of a chance of winning Wimbledon than Henman.