PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 2

manowar68
28-06-2003, 18:06
I know it's along way of,but who will be buying it on the day it's released.
Or will you wait for the price to drop?

Defiant
28-06-2003, 18:27
who would be in their right mind to buy on release when they know it will cost more and not have that many games out for it then either!

XiceWolf
28-06-2003, 18:44
Iam a sucker so i would :D then i would get free stuff off microsoft again !

Reddevil63
28-06-2003, 19:12
Originally posted by Defiant
who would be in their right mind to buy on release when they know it will cost more and not have that many games out for it then either!

Many people did when PS2 and Xbox came out.

I will wait for price drop as that will be bound to happen. And hopefully Xbox2 will be backwards compatible.

Tezcatlipoca
28-06-2003, 19:27
It's ages away yet before the thing is even released.

I wouldn't buy on release. I'd wait for the price to drop.

Defiant
28-06-2003, 19:37
Originally posted by Tezcatlipoca
It's ages away yet before the thing is even released.

I wouldn't buy on release. I'd wait for the price to drop.

Me too but then again Microsoft and Sony also know their will be hmm people that will always folk out the max on release which is why they do it. Otherwise it would come out on release cheaper

Tezcatlipoca
28-06-2003, 20:05
Yeah, true.

I'm so glad I waited before getting my XBox. £160 rather than £300. :) Course, after I got mine, the price dropped again. But I guess that's just the way it works.

zoombini
28-06-2003, 21:46
Maybe when the V2 is out I might be able to pick up a cheap 2nd hand V1...lol

Jarandco
29-06-2003, 09:46
Ill be a sucker like xice and get it on release!

There is just something about getting it on release, but say halo 3 came out with xbox on release, are you telling me you wouldnt wanna get it on release??

and yeah if they drop the price so qucikly hopefully ill get some more free games!

kronas
29-06-2003, 13:31
i think i would wait until the price drops not much of games player anymore

Boom
29-06-2003, 13:35
Depends on the incentive to get it on release. Couldn't say right now. As long as XBL still works with the original, I'll be hard-pressed to jump ship immediately (unless there is some must have game out on day of release, Halo3?).

Ste Riley
29-06-2003, 15:13
Microsoft are not a daft company, they'll have learnt from the lessons of the first Xbox and its unlikely they'll introduce a new console which is priced highly.

Instead it'll be very competitivly priced making it attractive to first time buyers and previous owners.

They wont want to look foolish again by dropping the price right away. I predict for the V2 console MS will wait between 6 - 12 months for 10 - 20% reduction in price.

As others have already said I'd perfer to fork out early and play the latest online games with the best technology there is on offer.

MovedGoalPosts
01-07-2003, 16:12
I can't believe there is already talk of X-Box 2. X-Box 1 is not even 18 months old in the UK!

For me, one of the incentives of buying a console is that the hardware doesn't fall out of date too swiftly. As a result you can expect to be able to buy the latest games for it for a few years, not just a few months. It's the advantage of the console over the PC. The PC is often technically superior, but it's rapid development can make a new game unplayable without hardware upgrade, after only a few months.

OK there is a problem with future proofing of the hardware, and eventually technology will move to the point that a console will have been left far behind. However, the X-Box is still the technical leader in the current UK market for overall power.

If consoles are replaced too quickly, they will never achieve a large enough user base for customers to be convinced they want them. I for one won't rush to upgrade until I can see a clear benefit in doing so.