PDA

View Full Version : I'm just so fed up now..

moiraf100
30-06-2006, 19:08
I'd been with Sky for 7 years and decided to give ntl a try.
The chap who came round spent nearly 2 hours adjusting my settings for my tv and dvd recorder.
Now after 6 weeks my system has gone down and I am so peed off that i have gone back to sky this afternoon.
After a frustrating hour or so I am still no further forward with getting everything back to how it was.:mad:
On my tv remove sky was on ext1 and the dvd was ext 2. He changed them round, I don't mind but I can't get sky to show on my dvd recorder now and the terrestrial channels are all muddled up.
I've tried auto and manual and the tv is ok 1 to channel 5, but channel 6 used to be sky and it's not anymore. That's the channel that the dvd recorder used to pick up.
The recorder picture still doesn't look right and I'm getting really fed up.
Should I just take all the cables and scarts out and start from scratch?
I also have an ariel ext. going up to the bedroom which used to feed sky (that we were watching downstairs), but now I haven'y got that either.
I think I may have to sleep on it - I'm just so irratable at the mo. :(
*edit*
What I think I'll do, is do it piece by piece. Just work on the tv and sky, and when I have that sorted work on the DVD recorder.

Wicked_and_Crazy
30-06-2006, 22:35
what do you mean by he spent 2 hours "adjusting your settings"

What do you mean by your "system has gone down"?

after all surely if you replace Sky with NTL your just changing one scart input to your tv

moiraf100
01-07-2006, 01:04
No, he changed the channel setting for the tv to be used with the ntl handset, and changed the settings on the dvd recorder - I sat and watched him do it.
It should have been straightforward, but now the dvd channel settings are all over the place, and it seems I'm going to have to reset the lot.
The system just stopped working yesterday morning - I don't know, but there is a fault apparantly and it's going to take them nearly a fortnight to get round to see me.
The girl at ntl said to me that that was why I have got half price tv for the first 6 months - so I said what, so I only get half a service!

RealDiamond
01-07-2006, 11:47
yep just start with the scart leads first. ignore rf untill the external(scart) 1&2 are set up. remembering to feed one scart from sky to the DVD recorder input then dvd recorder output scart to the tv. The RGB scart socket gives the best picture for DVD playback.
good luck

moiraf100
01-07-2006, 12:34
Thanks RD, that's what I did this morning. (Not sure what rf's are and the like though)
I disconnected everything and got Sky sorted out (in the bedroom as well). Then worked on the dvd recorder (BBC2 was on the 1 button and I don't know where ITV had gone!:)) - I really don't know what the ntl chap had done, although he got it to work with their box.
Anyway after much fiddling (without the manual I may add) I sorted it out. I couldn't get Sky to view on channel 6 on the recorder for some reason, but it's found it's way to #9 (as long as it works eh!)

handyman
01-07-2006, 17:13
2 hours my **** one thing the ntl techs should be able to do is tune in a tv and set things up. I worked from the call centre and was able to build up the knowledge to advise people on tuning just about any tv. The tech's have it easier because they don't have to spend 10 minutes directing someone on how to use their tv remote to find av channels.

I think both sky and ntl techs should make sure that the box is working on a test tv then leaved it to the customer to tune thier own tv in, maybe then they would actually learn how to use their equipment.

grr If I had a pound for each time I took a call from some one claiming that ntl did not work with their new telly and could we come round 'for free' and sort it out. No was my responce 100% of the time.