PDA

View Full Version : how long does it take to change over a phone number?

Debcat1972
27-06-2006, 12:17
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the site and have to say after browsing through the topics i have found it very informative! I currently subscribe to the phone and broadband with NTL and i have to say that NTL are driving me nuts as i have had a fault with my phone line now for nearly 3 weeks and i seem to get now where when i phone them up. let me explain things a little as any advice given would be much appreciated.
At the moment i have 2 phone lines,1 being my main phone line(were the socket is upstairs) and the 2nd one being a line i had installed for the internet(socket dowstairs) anyways on the 10th of june i phone up and explianed that there was something wrong with my main phone line i did explain that i had a 2nd line and would it be possible to have my main number switched to my 2nd line as the socket is downstairs(much easier to use and no need to use extension cord, by the way i did check this b4 phoning to make sure that was not causing the problem) plus with my main line being upstair all the cable wire ran under the carpet(dont fancy having my new carpet taken up so they can check the wires).They told me that there wouldnt be a problem with that and it would take 24 hours or by monday at the latest as it was saturday morning i phoned,by tuesday there was no sign of it being switched over so i phoned them again this time i was told they would look into it and phone me back! wednesday no phone call so i decided to phone again this time i was told that they would look into this and the switch should take place in 48 hours,friday afternoon i phone again this time they tell me 10 days,it will be 3 weeks this coming saturday since my first phone call and i have phoned them again this morn cos to tell you the truth i cant imagine i can really take this long to have them switched ,i was promised by the guy that he would look into this and get whoever was dealing with it to phone me back today,i am not holding out much hope.
sorry if the post seems so long but im being drove nuts by this and any suggestions on how to deal with this would be much appriated,many thanks!

p.s has anyone else had any simela experiences with this kind of thing?

regards

Debcat

homealone
27-06-2006, 12:57
hi :welcome:

sorry, I've no idea how to resolve your problem, but this is to 'bump' your thread in the hope someone, who can help, will see it :)

gaffer_gump
27-06-2006, 13:00
I being a tad simple can't help you with your problem but if you hang around long enough someone at lot more capable than me will pop up.

:welcome: to the forum btw :D

Stuart
27-06-2006, 13:14
Debcat, :welcome: to Cableforum.

Not sure what they can do, but if you PM me (click the SendPM button at the bottom left of this post) your real name, address, account and telephone number, I can refer this to the site's contacts within NTL.

Debcat1972
28-06-2006, 18:56
Hi Everyone,

I would just like to let everyone know that thanks to this great site my phone problems have now been sorted out!! i will definatley be recommending it to all my friends and family!!
i would like to say a special thanks to stuart c who referred my details! and to the really nice guy from NTL that sorted it all out for me :)
everyone keep up the good work!!

Regards

Debcat

homealone
28-06-2006, 19:08
Hi Everyone,

I would just like to let everyone know that thanks to this great site my phone problems have now been sorted out!! i will definatley be recommending it to all my friends and family!!
i would like to say a special thanks to stuart c who referred my details! and to the really nice guy from NTL that sorted it all out for me :)
everyone keep up the good work!!

Regards

Debcat

glad it was sorted for you, Debcat, thanks for the feedback :tu: