PDA

View Full Version : Possible to view Free HD broadcasts without a dish ?

davyboy
11-06-2006, 11:39
Hello !

Apologies if this is a daft question but....here goes anyway.

I currently have NTL tv services through the SAMSUNG STB. However I have an HD ready TV and still have an external TV Aerial.

Is there any way I could receive the FREEVIEW HD broadcasts from the BBC etc without having to buy a satellite dish ? I can't install a dish as I live in a flat. Residents aren't allowed to have external dishes.

Regards:erm:

jrhnewark
11-06-2006, 15:58
Where do you live? There are currently some fairly tightly squeezed in HD broadcasts on DTT in London from Crystal Palace, but that's it.

If satellite TV's the only way to get HD broadcasts - e.g. certain channels - there is an EU ruling that says that if there's no other way of receiving a broadcast, you *can* have a dish.

RealDiamond
15-06-2006, 17:56
Sky is not the only way as telewest provide HDTV( but not free nor is the BBC ) its not their fault councils dont allow full access to dig up the road in your Area. HDTV DVB via freeview is not avalible due to the power and bandwidth on the transmiitters which is why they want to shut down analogue channels after 2008 once thats done freeview can expand.