PDA

View Full Version : Rohypnol

Ramrod
03-12-2003, 17:01
A social worker that I know has been informed by police that Rohypnol, the 'date rape' drug has in a few cases, been used in conjunction with a veterinary drug used to produce sterility in horses. The effect is permanent.
(I wasn't aware that such a thing was possible but I don't know much about veterinary pharmacology.)
Ladies, be careful out there.

Russ
03-12-2003, 17:07

What about the men who have been 'date-raped' by other men using the stuff?

paulyoung666
03-12-2003, 17:13

good point although for some reason they dont usually admit to it happening to them , first i have heard about the cocktail of the two mind you :disturbd:

gazzae
03-12-2003, 17:15
Whats this veterinary drug thats used to produce sterility in horses called?

Maybe there are refering to Ketamine (I've heard of this being used in date rape), which can be used as a veterinary anesthetic.

Ramrod
03-12-2003, 17:21
Whats this veterinary drug thats used to produce sterility in horses called?

.I don't know. I'll ask a vet next time I've got one in.

Ramrod
03-12-2003, 17:22
picky, picky, picky :D

Nemesis
04-12-2003, 09:41
A social worker that I know has been informed by police that Rohypnol, the 'date rape' drug has in a few cases, been used in conjunction with a veterinary drug used to produce sterility in horses. The effect is permanent.
(I wasn't aware that such a thing was possible but I don't know much about veterinary pharmacology.)
Just to let you know .... I spoke to a Police Drug Officer last night about this ... and it's a hoax that's doing the rounds at the moment.

Chris
04-12-2003, 09:53
Just to let you know .... I spoke to a Police Drug Officer last night about this ... and it's a hoax that's doing the rounds at the moment.
Well that killed an interesting discussion stone dead ... :D

Ramrod
04-12-2003, 10:24
Phew! Thank god for that! (sorry Russ :D )
I thought it was odd that an orally administered drug could cause sterility but like I said, I don't know veterinary pharmacology.

Nemesis
04-12-2003, 10:56
Well that killed an interesting discussion stone dead ... :D

Wellllll Soooooooorrrrrrrryyyyyyyy :D :D

I would much rather the ladies (& men) knew the truth ....

But that does not detract from the fact that drugs such as these do exist ...

see .... topic can continue ... :D :wavey:

Chris
04-12-2003, 11:14
Wellllll Soooooooorrrrrrrryyyyyyyy :D :D

I would much rather the ladies (& men) knew the truth ....

But that does not detract from the fact that drugs such as these do exist ...

see .... topic can continue ... :D :wavey:Whadda you expect, I'm a trained newspaper hack, 'never let the facts get in the way of a good story' is my motto. :D

NtlRebelReborn
04-12-2003, 14:49

Think you better speak to this Police Drugs Officer again.

Rohypnol, GHB & Ketamine ( Vetinary drug ) it has been reported, have all been used as a ' date rape drug.'

I am a regular reader of a magazine called ' Mixmag '. Which is basically aimed at club goers. Promoting new venues and DJ's up and coming in the industry.

The potential dangers of taking the above drugs have been well documented by ' Mixmag ' and warned club goers to be very careful whilst out on the town.

Bottom line is........DRUGS CAN BE DANGEROUS.

Drug use & drug abuse are two different things....................................

Nemesis
04-12-2003, 14:54
Think you better speak to this Police Drugs Officer again.

Rohypnol, GHB & Ketamine ( Vetinary drug ) it has been reported, have all been used as a ' date rape drug.'

I am a regular reader of a magazine called ' Mixmag '. Which is basically aimed at club goers. Promoting new venues and DJ's up and coming in the industry.

The potential dangers of taking the above drugs have been well documented by ' Mixmag ' and warned club goers to be very careful whilst out on the town.

Bottom line is........DRUGS CAN BE DANGEROUS.

Drug use & drug abuse are two different things....................................
All the above are real, and *in the wild*, however the claim that a mix with a vet drug will cause sterility is a hoax.

This should not detract from your main point that ALL of the above drugs are dangerous and should be avoided.

NtlRebelReborn
04-12-2003, 15:33
All the above are real, and *in the wild*, however the claim that a mix with a vet drug will cause sterility is a hoax.

This should not detract from your main point that ALL of the above drugs are dangerous and should be avoided.

Sorry Nemesis. Read it too fast.

You are indeed right about the sterile bit.

Apologies again. :)

Bifta
04-12-2003, 15:40
I think it's pretty obvious that it was a fake .. why would someone go to all that trouble to get sterilized by way of an operation if they could down a pill instead?

Ramrod
07-12-2003, 21:03
I think it's pretty obvious that it was a fake .. why would someone go to all that trouble to get sterilized by way of an operation if they could down a pill instead?
So that there's no paternity issues if a baby comes along.