PDA

View Full Version : Food

kronas
03-12-2003, 03:26
studies have suggested parents are feeding young babies with 'adult' food some mothers have claimed they were told to feed them burgers and junk food using a blender

one such case saw 8 month old babies being fed chips in one hospital

there is now a growing concern that a 'child' diet is no longer becoming mainstream due to the marketing tactics of compaines which aim there products at kids full of fat and sugar

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/3253632.stm

i think it is a lot harder to eat healthier these days people want food fast affordable and easily available and the often healthier alternatives are being made to look like a chor rather then something which could be good for you allround

zoombini
03-12-2003, 09:28
Oh I agree... I have a child who will start to look like a sausage before too long. Despite attempts at getting him to eat other foods he will not, refusing point blank to eat anything healthy & will only eat sausages & noodles at teatime.

As attitudes to the treatment of children have changed, its less likely now that the parents are going to "force" a child to eat something as it breeds resentment & a later hating of the food.

Tricky
03-12-2003, 19:52
Mines 16 weeks and with the exception of milk has had:
Baby Rice (looks like dodgy milk)
Pureed Pear
Pureed Carrot (doesn't like that much)

PS. You should the colour of carrot when pureed (ORANGE ALERT)

paulyoung666
03-12-2003, 19:54
too much salt is an issue here , you should be really careful about how much a child gets , it is possible to poison a young un with too much of it :(

Xaccers
03-12-2003, 20:19
some mothers have claimed they were told to feed them burgers and junk food using a blender

Who the hell told them that? And how stupid were the mothers to believe it!

There are plenty of healthy alternatives for adults, even fast food places are doing salads now.

New parents can ask their health visitor, or doctor what to do, or just go to that strange place called a library.

If my daughter kicks up a fuss about not wanting to eat something, she's been taught that she'll go without.
Sure she has somethings she doesn't like the taste of, and that's fine, she can leave them (we certainly don't cook her plates of nothing but things she doesn't like!) but if she were to demand only chips for instance, she'd not last very long :)

paulyoung666
03-12-2003, 20:35
a little bit of everything wont do any harm as long as it is in moderation , too much of this stuff will do harm , as i said salt is a real enemy , and this goes for adults as well :(

kronas
03-12-2003, 20:39
Who the hell told them that? And how stupid were the mothers to believe it!

apparently hospitals told them that and the fact is one hospital was feeding chips to 8 month olds :eek:

There are plenty of healthy alternatives for adults, even fast food places are doing salads now.

i would not trust a fast food place for healthy food they are there for fast food and thats what they should stick to doing i think they have realised some are chnaging there attitudes towards eating the crap all the time and are looking to salads and fruit but i would not trust the 'healthy' aspect of the foods on offer at certain places

If my daughter kicks up a fuss about not wanting to eat something, she's been taught that she'll go without.

these days the healthier alternative may take some preperation and people do not have the time to slice and dice stuff etc so go for the quick option stick it in the microwave put it on 3 wait for it to stop and hand it over full of fat sugar and salt

Xaccers
03-12-2003, 20:42
apparently hospitals told them that and the fact is one hospital was feeding chips to 8 month olds :eek:

:eek: indeed!

i would not trust a fast food place for healthy food they are there for fast food and thats what they should stick to doing i think they have realised some are chnaging there attitudes towards eating the crap all the time and are looking to salads and fuit but i would not trust the 'healthy' aspect of the foods on offer at certain places

Just imagining high fat salads :rofl:

these days the healthier alternative may take some preperation and people do not have the time to slice and dice stuff etc so go for the quick option stick it in the microwave put it on 3 wait for it to stop and hand it over full of fat sugar and salt

Nah there's plenty of healthy option microwave food out there :D

paulyoung666
03-12-2003, 20:58
im sorry but there is summat seriously wrong here , is this a wind up ????????????????? , nah i reckon not somehow , this is big time wrong i reckon :disturbd: :disturbd: :disturbd: