PDA

View Full Version : Talk Weekends

King Of Fools
02-06-2006, 11:56
I see that ntl has got rid of its 321, 5p and Talk Unlimited Local plans and replaced it with a Talk Weekends plan for £11 per month:
http://www.home.ntl.com/icat/telephonepackages

This brings it into line with the Telewest plans. Will people be automatically migrated onto this plan or will they have to ring up and ask to be moved?

Jules
02-06-2006, 12:02
I am on the 3-2-1 plan so thanks for that information, I didn't know they were changing it :tu:

King Of Fools
02-06-2006, 12:24
I bet they do not migrate us 321ers automatically, though! :no:

Jules
02-06-2006, 12:35
Have you any idea if the rest of the plan is changing as well eg the prices for daytime use as I can't find the info for that?

King Of Fools
02-06-2006, 12:53
Have you any idea if the rest of the plan is changing as well eg the prices for daytime use as I can't find the info for that?
Well, I assume it is a copy of the Telewest Talk Weekends plan that has been around for a while:
http://www.telewest.co.uk/websales/product.do?id=3001

Local & national call costs per min:
Daytime - 3p*
Evening - 2p*
Weekends - Included in monthly feeââ‚Âà ‚¬Ãƒâ€šÃ‚¡

* A call connection charge of 6p per call applies.

†¡After 60 mins calls will be charged at 3p a min. Redial before 60 mins to avoid call charges. Excludes non-geographic (eg 0845, 0870 etc) mobile, international, premium and internet calls which are charged at standard rates.

nutellajunkie
02-06-2006, 16:18
now see, this gets on my end. They swap and change the tarrifs and stuff, and they dont think to inform us.. I sure hope when everything becomes Virgin, then things get better..

I might be on talk24, but I do find it hideous that they dont have the decency to tell anyone, via mail or email. Its not like they cant, its more like they can be bothered..

Seems all benefits are never really revealed to most customers, yet each and every price increase and the whole world knows about it!

:td:

Neil
02-06-2006, 16:29
now see, this gets on my end. They swap and change the tarrifs and stuff, and they dont think to inform us.. I sure hope when everything becomes Virgin, then things get better..

I might be on talk24, but I do find it hideous that they dont have the decency to tell anyone, via mail or email. Its not like they cant, its more like they can be bothered..

Seems all benefits are never really revealed to most customers, yet each and every price increase and the whole world knows about it!

:td:

Welcome to ntl, where communication is a dirty word.

nutellajunkie
02-06-2006, 16:33
Already know of this, I was just venting.. been a customer for nearly a decade.. how I miss the old days! :sleep:

scrotnig
02-06-2006, 18:06
Does anyone know whether the 5p plan continues for existing customers or whether this has been scrapped?

Because I rely on this a great deal. If I'm suddenly going to pay £1.20 for a call that used to cost 5p, I think they ought to be telling me about it.

The price update flyer still refers to the '5p Talk Plan' so that should mean it remains for people who already have it. If it doesn't and they start charging me 2p a minute for evening calls, they will know about it.

Bob
02-06-2006, 18:29
5p call plan is still available -http://www.ntl.com/home/telephone/pdf/TelcoTariff.pdf

Looks like Talk Unlimited Local has been ditched though :)

scrotnig
02-06-2006, 18:37
Thanks. That's a relief then!

I have long considered ntl among the most expensive phone providers out there. They forever talk of "aligning our prices with BT", when I were a lad the cable companies used to pride themselves on being cheaper. In many cases ntl are now actually more expensive.

BT themselves have improved though aren't cheap by any means. They are roughly on a par with ntl in fact.

Third party resellers now offer the best deals....you can get line rental for £9.99 with some providers and still get a 5p call for nothing extra. That's what I do.

For those that want to keep line rental with BT there's 18866.com and its sister companies.

Sad to say, there's little justification for having an ntl phone line these days. I only have one because it's bundled with the TV, I actually have a BT line with a reseller's CPS on it for most calls.

The TV is under review...I could manage easily on Freeview....but I will keep my broadband, certainly for now.

How sad that it has come to this. The company has been in decline for ages, but it's starting to look terminal in many respects.

Bob
02-06-2006, 18:42
I remember the promise of always being cheaper than BT too. Shame thats no longer the case :(

King Of Fools
02-06-2006, 19:42
5p call plan is still available -http://www.ntl.com/home/telephone/pdf/TelcoTariff.pdf

Looks like Talk Unlimited Local has been ditched though :)
It still lists 321 but says it is not available to new customers. So it sounds like people will not be migrated automatically. :(

Bob
02-06-2006, 20:39
I suppose there may come a time when they will migrate everyone :)

Jules
02-06-2006, 22:14
On the site it says any local call at the weekend is free but it also says any call at all at the weekend is free does any one know which it is?

Bob
03-06-2006, 11:21
Any call at the weekend national or local :)

Jules
03-06-2006, 12:17
Thanks Bob :tu:

nutellajunkie
03-06-2006, 13:22
another reason to call the non-free number, isnt it..

Jules
16-06-2006, 17:16
Quick update I got a letter this morning asking if I wanted to be on this plan and if I did to ring them which I did and they sorted it for me. Free calls from 6pm Friday to 8am Monday :tu:

King Of Fools
20-06-2006, 17:08
Quick update I got a letter this morning asking if I wanted to be on this plan and if I did to ring them which I did and they sorted it for me. Free calls from 6pm Friday to 8am Monday :tu:
Interesting! I have not yet received such a letter.

Stephen
20-06-2006, 18:17
whatever Tariff you are currently on is where you will stay unless you ask to change. However new customers will automatically go onto the new one.

bonzoe
20-06-2006, 19:08
The way I read the charges is that talkweekend starts at midnight friday and ends midnight Sunday!

Jules
24-06-2006, 14:37
I asked when I rang up and was told it was from 6pm Friday to 8am Monday

bonzoe
26-06-2006, 18:24
I asked when I rang up and was told it was from 6pm Friday to 8am Monday
They may have TOLD you that, but the printed version on price list states midnight Friday to midnight Sunday!

Jules
26-06-2006, 20:54
Ok thanks Bonzoe :)

Paul K
26-06-2006, 21:02
Talk Unlimited
Subscription charges applied in full each month and cannot be pro-rated if you terminate. The zero-rated tariff applies to the first hour of direct-dialled local and national geographic voice calls only (normally numbers beginning 01 or 02) starting within the Evening (6pm to 8am) and Weekend (all day Saturday and Sunday) periods. You will be charged 3p per minute thereafter. No connection fee on zero-rated calls. Connection fees apply to all other chargeable calls. Rates for all other call types and connection fees can be found at www.ntl.com/home/telephone/tariff.asp

Talk Weekends
The Talk Weekends zero-rated tariff applies to all lines on your account, to the first hour of direct-dialled local and national geographic voice calls only (normally numbers beginning 01 or 02) starting within the weekend (all day Saturday and Sunday) period. You will be charged 3p per minute thereafter. No connection fee on zero-rated calls. Connection fees apply to all other chargeable calls. Rates for all other call types and connection fees can be found at www.ntl.com/home/telephone/tariff.asp.. We reserve the right to withdraw the Talk Weekends tariff at any time.

Confusing explanation as usual from NTL
http://www.home.ntl.com/page/additionalinformation#telephone

King Of Fools
27-06-2006, 09:54
Confusing explanation as usual from NTL
http://www.home.ntl.com/page/additionalinformation#telephone
It made sense to me. Talk Weekend has free calls only at the weekend (Saturday to Sunday). Talk Unlimited has free calls at the weekend and in the evenings (6pm to 8am).