PDA

View Full Version : [Merged]Community Down

Ramrod
02-12-2003, 22:55
Is ntl.community down? If so why? How long has it been that way?
Not that I care, more like idle curiosity really....

downquark1
02-12-2003, 22:56
It went down the same time as .com (or there abouts)

Ramrod
02-12-2003, 22:58
That long ago?! Strange that a cable co. can't seem to keep a website standing. :disturbd:

Sociable
02-12-2003, 23:00
It went down the same time as .com (or there abouts)

Actually a few days after .com

ie. Once they saw all the links pointed to here/oftel instead of their "Under Construction" forum.

Did reappear for a short while once the links were reset but went completely dark the day after. :)

Ramrod
02-12-2003, 23:07
Wierd....

homealone
02-12-2003, 23:37
Wierd....

weird, indeed;)

I think we may have a chance that the ntli.info project on this site could go 'live' before community. - both seek similar aims, - a place to get help and advice about connecting to the internet & tv services.

check out the link to ntli.info on top right of the 'front page' & see how much keyser has already uploaded to the database. - it can only get better, imo.

DrAwesome
02-12-2003, 23:54
weird, indeed;)

I think we may have a chance that the ntli.info project on this site could go 'live' before community. - both seek similar aims, - a place to get help and advice about connecting to the internet & tv services.

check out the link to ntli.info on top right of the 'front page' & see how much keyser has already uploaded to the database. - it can only get better, imo.

I have heard that Community or .com will be back online this Friday so ntli.info may loose the race if its to go live before Community or .com

Graham F
02-12-2003, 23:57
I have heard that Community or .com will be back online this Friday so ntli.info may loose the race if its to go live before Community or .com

:rofl: :rofl:

and i heard that the Queen is a terrorist!! :disturbd:

Seb
02-12-2003, 23:59

Well i'm sure we are all going to be disappointed if it doesn't 'go live' on Friday!! :dozey:

DrAwesome
03-12-2003, 00:04
Well i hope we aren't all going to be disappointed if it doesn't 'go live' on Friday!! :dozey:

Its what i was told when i asked a credable source (who will remain nameless) how long will community or .com be offline the answer i got was 2 weeks and this Friday is 2 weeks away from the date that community and .com were taken offline.

homealone
03-12-2003, 00:08

then in that case my question will be about quality over quantity - if Community - (shouldn't that be "and" .com;):) )"goes live"

- we will see?;)

Seb
03-12-2003, 00:13
Its what i was told when i asked a credable source (who will remain nameless) how long will community or .com be offline the answer i got was 2 weeks and this Friday is 2 weeks away from the date that community and .com were taken offline.

My reliable source has told me the same information as well ;)

This site is temporarily unavailable whilst we carry out a comprehensive review of the service. ntl:home apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Please check back here in the next couple of weeks for any update.

Graham F
03-12-2003, 00:15
My reliable source has told me the same information as well ;)

I would bet a month's wages that its not going to be back on Friday :)

DrAwesome
03-12-2003, 00:17

A wage that pulls in £1.75 an hour isnt much of a gamble :)

Seb
03-12-2003, 00:17

Hold up... i think i may have to believe my 'reliable' source on this one though, usually he says "coming soon" :D

Graham F
03-12-2003, 00:19
£1.75 an hour isnt much of a gamble :)

hell no that was last years wages I get £2.00 an hour now :angel:

Ramrod
03-12-2003, 00:19
weird, indeed;)

It looks good!

homealone
03-12-2003, 00:37

tbh, i wouldn't want to push ntli.info into a place where it felt there was a 'race' of this kind - both projects have merit, - imo ntli.info has the edge atm, 'cos you actually can see it - community is offline :shrug:

DrAwesome
03-12-2003, 09:23
We all know or should be aware by now NTL's time factor can not be classed as linear at the majority of times.

Frank
03-12-2003, 13:20
Come on ppl, sign up and help us get ntli.info going. We all know community isn't going to be updated once live - it hasn't been touched since it did go live despite ashg's promises of further updates.

http://forum.nthellworld.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4028

Ramrod
03-12-2003, 13:23
Come on ppl, sign up and help us get ntli.info going. We all know community isn't going to be updated once live - it hasn't been touched since it did go live despite ashg's promises of further updates.

http://forum.nthellworld.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4028
I would if I had some vaguely relevant information to impart :shrug:

Frank
03-12-2003, 13:25
Hehe that's okay, we know not everyone will be able to contribute. You could have a think of any info you'd like to see on there or that would be useful, and then ask a question at http://www.ntli.info/index.php?page=index_va&c=

:D

Florence
03-12-2003, 18:27
I was wondering if it does go live on Friday who will be the mods? Fraz and who else..

The list that I was given as people arranging a take over behind the mods back or All NTL staff??

th'engineer
03-12-2003, 18:34
I was wondering if it does go live on Friday who will be the mods? Fraz and who else..

The list that I was given as people arranging a take over behind the mods back or All NTL staff??Could be Erolz, CJ and UDT:D

Florence
03-12-2003, 18:37
Could be Erolz, CJ and UDT:D

I will only think and openly print my views here for now.. After Friday I will :D

Russ
03-12-2003, 18:43
But who's willing to give the new team (if there is one) a chance?

downquark1
03-12-2003, 18:46
You mean NTL aren't going to take back the old team after this treachery :rofl:

Don't know - what if it is Craig? :disturbd:

th'engineer
03-12-2003, 18:47
It depends on the team think one requirement is there has to be a customer present in the Team .

If its all NTL not much hope in building up a community

Florence
03-12-2003, 19:14
I had sort of accepted Fraz but no way if its Erolz and UDT both have shown the wrong personalities for mods. I am almost sure that things can only get worse......

Pierre Bordeaux
03-12-2003, 22:47
I had sort of accepted Fraz but no way if its Erolz and UDT both have shown the wrong personalities for mods. I am almost sure that things can only get worse......

Well, think about the alleged (!) and the well documented DPA breaches here at .co.uk (see petal's messages at ntlhell)and at .com (ask Oliver Hughes, head of abuse at NTL). Opening .com ain't going to happen

DrAwesome
03-12-2003, 23:12
Well, think about the alleged (!) and the well documented DPA breaches here at .co.uk (see petal's messages at ntlhell)and at .com (ask Oliver Hughes, head of abuse at NTL). Opening .com ain't going to happen

Only the privilege few get to speak (over the phone) to abuse at NTL.

Shaun
03-12-2003, 23:22
Only the privilege few get to speak (over the phone) to abuse at NTL.

And they don't get called back! :mad:

Mick
03-12-2003, 23:26
IMO, its the perfect excuse ntl have been looking for to get .com closed down, even though it was their intention all along.

rippedoff
30-01-2004, 12:53
Long time gone - and still no word - anyone got anything official on what happened to community?
:confused:

BLOG IT!

DrAwesome
30-01-2004, 13:11
Long time gone - and still no word - anyone got anything official on what happened to community?
:confused:

BLOG IT!

When i was an NTL customer i sent an email

sent 09/12/2003

Please can you tell when Community and NThellworld will be going back online both NTL help web sites were taken offline on the 21st November 2003 and all that remains is a screen saying this: "This site is temporarily unavailable whilst we carry out a comprehensive review of the service. ntl:home apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Please check back here in the next couple of weeks for any update."

It has been over a couple of weeks it would be nice to know a date of their return

Recieved 11/12/2003

Thank you for your email.

The review of both websites is still ongoing. Any annoucements will be posted at the holding page at www.nthellworld.com within the next couple of weeks.

Regards

ntl:home

and thats it....

Seti
13-02-2004, 02:40
Hiya people,

God I am so GLAD to be back here. Anyway I had no clue that NTL would ignore it's customers although i gather ignorance from NTL is normal, and close down the .com site. I am so sorry I haven't been around. I am not sure what I could have one but SURELY I could have done something !

I am also sorry for all the flak that the owners and moderators of this board have had to take just for allowing us to voice our opinions.

Neil I am so sorry about Andre and even more sorry that I wasn't here to offer my condolences.

Anyawya thats's my two pence worth and I hope NTL feel as ashamed as they should of themselves.

Seti^

Ramrod
13-02-2004, 09:09
Welcome to the forum Seti! :waving: :)

Frank
13-02-2004, 10:31
And there was thinking that Community had some back :rofl:

Welcome Seti.

deewee
20-02-2004, 20:29
NTLHELLWORLD.COM site closed forever.

Looks official! see nthellworld.com forum page (http://www.nthellworld.com/forum/)

It basically says "Following a comprehensive review and careful consideration we have decided not to re-launch this site.

We thank everyone who has taken part and are pleased to inform you that a substantial new online customer service facility will launch shortly - find out more about this exciting new Interactive support tool online at www.ntlworld.com/help/broadbandmedic. "

Am I the only one who has noticed?

Who said I told you so!

Stuartbe
20-02-2004, 20:31

Looks official! see nthellworld.com forum page (http://www.nthellworld.com/forum/)

It basically says "Following a comprehensive review and careful consideration we have decided not to re-launch this site.

We thank everyone who has taken part and are pleased to inform you that a substantial new online customer service facility will launch shortly - find out more about this exciting new Interactive support tool online at www.ntlworld.com/help/broadbandmedic. "

Who said I told you so!

:eek: Jees - I didn't think that even NTL has such a contempt for there customers !!!!!

That pretty well says it all :mad:

I wonder - did the comprehensive review involve two managers and a cup of coffee ?

deewee
20-02-2004, 20:40
Check out the broadbandmedic link and give the tour a try!

Looks like a rehashed version of correct connect software with a few extra faqs attached.
I bet the 'my internet connection is slow' option doesn't give a better answer than currently given by CSAs.

Stuartbe
20-02-2004, 20:41

Looks like a rehashed version of correct connect software with a few extra faqs attached.
I bet the 'my internet connection is slow' option doesn't give a better answer than currently given by CSAs.

Perhaps it will have a " deactivate cap " tickbox ? :rofl: :rofl:

deewee
20-02-2004, 20:48
:naughty:
Perhaps it will have a " deactivate cap " tickbox ?

Lets call it a 'decapitate' key, then the site would be hellworld.com

Stuartbe
20-02-2004, 20:49
Lets call it a 'decapitate' key, then the site would be hellworld.com

:LOL: Dont tempt me :rofl:

Graham F
20-02-2004, 20:51

Go to the link below for the lowdown on BB medic :rolleyes:

http://forum.nthellworld.co.uk/showpost.php?p=135593&postcount=37

how can a tool replace a community?!?!?

WAKE YOU TWA*S NTL :(

Sociable
20-02-2004, 21:37
Intersting so this is what the "Trial" is about too then.

Thats going to make it rather "Interesting", :)

Ramrod
20-02-2004, 21:49
Go to the link below for the lowdown on BB medic :rolleyes:

http://forum.nthellworld.co.uk/showpost.php?p=135593&postcount=37 Looks like it might be marginally useful :)

Don't knock it till you have tried it. It might be good, you never know :D

Moox
20-02-2004, 21:53
Looks like it might be marginally useful :)

We won't know till we've tried it. We still have a "community" :cool: Let's give NTL a chance :)

Graham F
20-02-2004, 21:59
Looks like it might be marginally useful :)

I have seen alot abt BB medic and it does not and never will compare to a community, I personally think it has limited uses for the customer, but it does however have a lot of uses for ntl :rolleyes:

they always think of themseles first, such a caring company :eek:

Moox
20-02-2004, 22:01
It's because they care so much that we are here.

Ramrod
20-02-2004, 22:01
I have seen alot abt BB medic and it does not and never will compare to a community, I personally think it has limited uses for the customer, but it does however have a lot of uses for ntl :rolleyes:

they always think of themseles first, such a caring company :eek:Of course it cannot compare to a community but it might just be useful.
It's because they care so much that we are here. :D

tkiely
20-02-2004, 22:36
I want to think it will work but have to say, if this kind of thing has a future, AOL would have thought of it and done it first!

Ben
20-02-2004, 23:35
:rolleyes: Can't say I'm suprised - Knew all along they wouldn't bring it back. It was a perfect excuse as Dr.P said.

I just cannot begin to explain the amount of times we asked for updates on community etc..

Not only that but they would never fix any of the forum bugs on .com either. With it being hosted on a NTL server it was a nightmare to get anything done on the thing :rolleyes:

Goes to show ya really - What are they only interested in? There customers are not one of them thats for sure.

£

:rolleyes:

Frank
20-02-2004, 23:38

WAKE YOU TWA*S NTL :( lol good point, but that is ntl all over.

Can't say I'm surprised at all though.

allanprg
21-02-2004, 00:03
I suppose it's a bit correct connectish. But maybe worth a try when it comes. So I'm not going to condemn it yet. :rolleyes:

ian@huth
21-02-2004, 00:55

Ask Ashley Grossman, it was probably his idea and he has replaced Community :naughty:

Ramrod
21-02-2004, 01:02
Ask Ashley Grossman, it was probably his idea and he has replaced Community :naughty:
rotflmao :rofl: :D

Graham F
21-02-2004, 01:06

From what i hear he won't be with them much longer :D damn shame :rofl: :rofl:

andygrif
23-02-2004, 14:42
From what i hear he won't be with them much longer :D damn shame :rofl: :rofl:

Tradegy!!

Well I concurr with most opinions here, no great surprise that .com is gone. Community was never going to work properly anyway.

It would be helpful if the good folk on the management floor at ntl made some sort of connection (unofficially of course) to help solve some of the issues that their customers have on here.

The broadband medic sounds like an interesting idea, I'm not sure I want any software on my computer made by ntl after my original experience back in the dial-up days!

However I do like the live chat function of the Medic....wonder how long the queues will be for that feature - as we know it's a lot quicker to talk than type.

Anyway....moving forward...all this is apparently 'coming soon'. :)

Stuart
23-02-2004, 16:29
However I do like the live chat function of the Medic....wonder how long the queues will be for that feature - as we know it's a lot quicker to talk than type.

Maybe they'll have a 'bot (like Cheryl on NTHell.co.uk) which simply says "Your call is very important to use and will be answered shortly".:D

Seriously, AOL have/had (haven't used AOL in a while, so not sure what they have now) this sort of feature. It seemed to work quite well from what I remember.

Frank
23-02-2004, 16:52
Seriously, AOL have/had (haven't used AOL in a while, so not sure what they have now) this sort of feature. It seemed to work quite well from what I remember.That they have, but one thing that this feature does mean is a lot more multi-tasking for techs. They have "several" chat windows open at once and are dealing with multiple customers at the same time.

This may have worked well for AOL, and indeed it also has the opportunity to work well for ntl seeing as the Director of Technical support in Swansea is from AOL. However, this is ntl we are talking about, so the target of exactly how many customers each tech is supposed to talk to simultaneously is very important here for obvious quality reasons.

I'd have a wager that ntl try and force techs to speak to more customers than is practical and that Quality of Service and the tech's nerves suffer as a result of it. Sorry to be negative, but when it comes to ntl I don't believe anything til I see it working well.

andygrif
23-02-2004, 17:31
That they have, but one thing that this feature does mean is a lot more multi-tasking for techs. They have "several" chat windows open at once and are dealing with multiple customers at the same time.

Ah! Is that how they do it? I've only experienced this live chat support once, and I can't remember who it was with, either Creative or Symantec - I forget now. Anyway, it was extremely slow (which given what you have said it now not surprising) and all they did was ask the same questions that someone on the phone would ask (from a selection on hotkeys I bet) and they ended up by saying that I had to call them for more support becuase they couldn't help!!

Highly enfuriating....and hopefully not a sign of things to come.

Stuart
23-02-2004, 18:29
Actually, andygrif, that could have been some sort of Tech Support robot..

andygrif
23-02-2004, 18:37
You know what, I think you might be right, it said it was powered by Ask Jeeves now I come to think about it. I've remembered who it was now...it was Iomega.

asdf
27-02-2004, 11:25
Following a comprehensive review and careful consideration we have decided not to re-launch this site.

We thank everyone who has taken part and are pleased to inform you that a substantial new online customer service facility will launch shortly - find out more about this exciting new Interactive support tool online at www.ntlworld.com/help/broadbandmedic.

If you are looking for help or assistance on our services, please visit the links below.

For Dial up or Broadband queries:
www.ntlworld.com/help

For general ntl service issues:
www.ntlhome.com/talk_to_us/index.html

Alternatively you can email us at www.ntlhome.com/contact.

So there we have it.

andygrif
27-02-2004, 11:31
So there we have it.

No great surprises I guess. This is being discussed here....

http://forum.nthellworld.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4809

seaneeboy
04-03-2004, 14:25

Who said I told you so!

*sigh* I can imagine the conversation now...

*Un-named exec 1* "Well, can we really be bothered?"
*Un-named exec 2* "God no. They'll only expect us to cater to their needs. If only they'd work to our marketing plans."
*Un-named exec 1* "Indeed. How did you spend your bonus?"

etc etc etc.

Stuartbe
04-03-2004, 14:55
*sigh* I can imagine the conversation now...

*Un-named exec 1* "Well, can we really be bothered?"
*Un-named exec 2* "God no. They'll only expect us to cater to their needs. If only they'd work to our marketing plans."
*Un-named exec 1* "Indeed. How did you spend your bonus?"

etc etc etc.

LOL - sadly true m8 :)